What's the weather like over there?

• 2 weeks later...

Frankenstorm really whacked the Atlantic coast pretty hard. Been in New York and Connecticut the last week helping out some police/fire depts. My area was o.k. though my basement flooded. Had about 5 feet of water in it. Had to shut down all electric until my poor ole little sump could finally bail it out. Heading out again tomorrow a.m. to do some more work down that way.

I really need to move away from the beach.....way too much maintenance...though my daughter and friends won't be happy I'm moving us away from their favorite tanning spot :P

Knucks: It deffo has it's ups and downs, living in the shore.

We've been waiting for some snow up here in north. Sure, I don't like it too much, but it would lighten up this bleary landscape quite much.

We actually had about 20cm snow, but then in came heavy rain, aaaand... It's gone...

Temps alter around +4C to -1-2C. And either rain or cloudy. Managed to get a glimpse of sun yesterday evening, but it's all cloudy again. Wants to use me sunglasses soon.. :P

Love reading about member shore experiences. My parents were lucky and had it too, grew up right by the sea, Indian Ocean... and I had street corners and green spaces :P

It's Montreal here folks, and last night was such an eerie, early close for the evening, dark swept in at five o'clock with it being kind of windy.. Kind of makes quick jaunts to the store down the street a hold your chin kind of decision (should I shouldn't I should I shouldn't I)

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

around -11 today, and last night while happily making my way home the coldness just "hit" on the last stretch of my street... broke into a run to the warm portal of home...

eeeeeeeee...winter's heeeere, winter's heeeere!

:oooo:

gogo

Wind brings some cold from sibiria. Today we had sun, so no clouds this night to block ground radiating its heat away. Probobly negative celcius tomorrow.

Tomorrow is just the same day when we be working on ladder of firefighter truck to decorate the tree at church to make it a big x-mas tree shining for dozen of miles. The church is a 800 year old Wehrkirche(fortified church) on top of a hill. Was used by old village people in mid age to hide and defend against Raubritter (robber knights). Probably the family name of my grandgrandpa has its origine from this time, Armbruster (maker of crossbows).

Well as long it is just cold and no snow or rain it is okay I think.

Whow, was very cold, outside on ladder at wind, attaching electric candles to a big tree.

Drunk a gluehwein when done - spiced hot red wine

Cup in my cold dead hands...

Apropos

The quest with same name, does it refer to Charles Heston? Columbine was actual at start of coding sacred2 I think

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:From_Cold_Dead_Hands

• Like! 1

After few days of howling winds some semi-heavy snowfall. While it's okay to have some snow, I do hate snowworks to heart...

Plus if forecasts hit true, there'll be around -18C tops on the coming week. Me no likey at all... *brrr*

Whow, was very cold, outside on ladder at wind, attaching electric candles to a big tree.

Apropos

The quest with same name, does it refer to Charles Heston? Columbine was actual at start of coding sacred2 I think

http://www.sacredwik...Cold_Dead_Hands

OOooohhhh. me likey gluehwein, my mom makes one(not sure how it will stand up to the actual German one) everyone always love it on those cold winter nights here in South Africa(cold winter night being 4 C...).

Temperature here has been mildly warm, but extremely windy, and overcast, trees have been blown over and damaged, and we only served inside at the restaurant(less guests=grumpy managers but happy chefs) last year this time it was warm pleasant weather with 130guests+- sitting outside/ now we can't do more than 100 guests inside only.

Good luck for all of you and the cold-northern-Hemisphere-winters. I'll send some of the heat that way.

Delta!

• Like! 1

Apropos

http://www.sacredwik...Cold_Dead_Hands

OOooohhhh. me likey gluehwein, my mom makes one(not sure how it will stand up to the actual German one) everyone always love it on those cold winter nights here in South Africa(cold winter night being 4 C...).

Temperature here has been mildly warm, but extremely windy, and overcast, trees have been blown over and damaged, and we only served inside at the restaurant(less guests=grumpy managers but happy chefs) last year this time it was warm pleasant weather with 130guests+- sitting outside/ now we can't do more than 100 guests inside only.

Good luck for all of you and the cold-northern-Hemisphere-winters. I'll send some of the heat that way.

Delta!

STorm, I will not complain about about any weather here after hearing about the incoming you guys have going. Are there days where you just wanna snuggle up inside warm and cozy up to a hot chilli plant?

Theuns, you, stop showing off that weather ya hear!~

:whip:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Visiting my mom each sunday, I walk with trhe dogs the ways I used to do with my diseased dad in his wheelchair-

Sunday, 14 days ago

P1020200_zpse58560a7.jpg

1C dry but cloudy

---

Last sunday when walking with dogs:

P1020209_zps64a82f3d.jpg

-15C and sunny

---

Today: -2C and snowfall and forgot to take camera with me :(

• Like! 1

I adore the dedication you have for the family visiting, and that last pic gave me a a glorious start to the morning. What a contrast you have to our crazy evening last night. We had a soft blizzard going all day, some nice light, loads of fat flakes, and I spent some time trudging around enjoying this weather. Strange warning last night... Snow Squall? lol didn't even know such a thing existed. And last night, I was actually woken from deep sleep by the sound of thunder or crashing....in the middle of falling snow?

Morning folks!

gogo

Gogo, we get snow squalls here all the time...ocean effect snow will set up bands of heavy snow across my little pennisula. I could get 8-10 inches of snow in 2-3 hours, but just drive 5 miles and next town over may have 1-2 inches of snow.

I've literally driven 5 miles and gone from a raging blizzard to completely sunny skies

p.s. Thunder Snow is pretty cool :D

• Like! 1

Zodiac, yay you made it back to us, thank you... and you too Knuckles :hugs:

Well, this was the strangest weather day it's been for us in many many a while... snow at some moments, then flakes, then hail, then that crazy thunder this morning, then hot rain, and now it's cold, and gonna stay there awhile.

gogo

Ever thought you were late for work and at arriving you notice you are the only one at the place?

We had freezing rain early night and everything was covered with 2 centimetre ice. in early morning we got like 5 centimetre snow, so you couldn't know how the ice would be below.

My wife asked for the Unimog to drive kids to school (just to notice that only 4 of a class of 20 being there) and used the Unimog for house visits at ill people. So I grapped my crosscountry ski and decided to do the 6 miles with ski through the dark forest with 3 head lights, head and one light on each boot.

So when unequipping my ski at work I wondered that the place was dark ...

• Like! 1

Guess I should be glad that we haven't had any bizarre weathers around here...

Last week had couple of darned cold, but nicely sunny days. Some snowfall, again, on weekend and now semi-cloudy and around -10C.

Kinda chuckled a little, when I read about British winter problems; around -10 or something and measly 5-10cm snow. True that they are lot more south than Finland, but still.

Always reminds me of this

Meanwhile_in_Finland.jpg

True story. Atm, we "only" got something around 30-40cm of snow, luckily.

Where I live, big snow storms are uncommon. And when we get them it doesn't stay around too long. It always seems to melt within a week at most. I'm a big snow lover so I always get bummed out when it rains here but only 30 miles away it's a 1-2 foot blizzard.

We have the Gulf Stream just off to the south that brings relatively warmer water (and hence air) to my area. Even going below 0°F (-17°C) is very rare on the Cape but is fairly common just 30 miles away. But, next few days will be bitter, high temps will be in the low teens. brrrrrrrrr

That said we are prone to ocean storms 'back-dooring' their way in and smacking us. Which is going to happen today/tomorrow. Expecting 8-12 inches of snow (20-30cm) with winds in excess of 50 mph. Finally get to use my snowblower :) Never used it last year.

And I'm supposed to be up on a tower tomorrow...fingers crossed it gets rescheduled. My boss has a loooong driveway to get out of. Hope he gets snowed in :P

Ever thought you were late for work and at arriving you notice you are the only one at the place?

We had freezing rain early night and everything was covered with 2 centimetre ice. in early morning we got like 5 centimetre snow, so you couldn't know how the ice would be below.

My wife asked for the Unimog to drive kids to school (just to notice that only 4 of a class of 20 being there) and used the Unimog for house visits at ill people. So I grapped my crosscountry ski and decided to do the 6 miles with ski through the dark forest with 3 head lights, head and one light on each boot.

So when unequipping my ski at work I wondered that the place was dark ...

heh, just love reading about your life in such a different world from my city zone. I want a Unimog too! :D

Guess I should be glad that we haven't had any bizarre weathers around here...

Last week had couple of darned cold, but nicely sunny days. Some snowfall, again, on weekend and now semi-cloudy and around -10C.

Kinda chuckled a little, when I read about British winter problems; around -10 or something and measly 5-10cm snow. True that they are lot more south than Finland, but still.

Always reminds me of this

Meanwhile_in_Finland.jpg

True story. Atm, we "only" got something around 30-40cm of snow, luckily.

Only...u say only ? :P

Where I live, big snow storms are uncommon. And when we get them it doesn't stay around too long. It always seems to melt within a week at most. I'm a big snow lover so I always get bummed out when it rains here but only 30 miles away it's a 1-2 foot blizzard.

We have the Gulf Stream just off to the south that brings relatively warmer water (and hence air) to my area. Even going below 0°F (-17°C) is very rare on the Cape but is fairly common just 30 miles away. But, next few days will be bitter, high temps will be in the low teens. brrrrrrrrr

That said we are prone to ocean storms 'back-dooring' their way in and smacking us. Which is going to happen today/tomorrow. Expecting 8-12 inches of snow (20-30cm) with winds in excess of 50 mph. Finally get to use my snowblower :) Never used it last year.

And I'm supposed to be up on a tower tomorrow...fingers crossed it gets rescheduled. My boss has a loooong driveway to get out of. Hope he gets snowed in :P

Luck on the tower Robb, crossing my fingers for that days targeted snow in ;)

A bit of snow, lots of rain - who cares DM is back.

Dang right!

c'mere and let me 'ug ya

:heart:

gogo

Robb: You should deffo experience one of our worst winters. That'd be enough snow for few years. :P

Gogo: Yep, only. I remember few winters back, when there was nearly 2 meters of that white "wonder". We have a flat roof, so we had to lessen the burden just in case. Wouldn't want an open house, now would we? xD

I swear, if not for some heavy rain that spring, some leftover might've been on my backyard at Midsummer day.

I got kind of got spoiled in the Navy...the 2 big weather events I love are blizzards and thunder storms. I got several really good blizzards while in Alaska...the over 5-6 feet ones with 80 mph winds, where you open the front door and the snow is over the door. And in Cuba used to get some unbelievably intense t-storms. Line after line of them marching through.

Now I get a 2 foot blizzard once every 2-3 years and most t-storms die out as they pass out over the mainland towards me :(

zomgod, it's crazy out there... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing!! And today's the day the worst possible thing happens...I have to see my dentist who doesn't live near a heated metro but kind of a weird distance away by bus, necessitating me to trudge out in this sub-zero wild!

It was so cold last night, when I left my window open a crack to cool down my room because we can't control the heat (old school hot water radiators...loads of it though :D) my computer which is near the window got SO cold that when I turned it on this morning as I was getting out of bed, I heard a huge grating noise...this day, oh dear lordy this day....

where's that chocolate cake!

gogo

• Like! 1

Sunshine and warm weather over here, had an overcast late yesterday afternoon which had turned into a driizzle when I left work... but you walk around with a tshirt, shorts and slop, and hope you get a moment to jump in the pool to cool down a bit...

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1