What's the weather like over there?

Ice rain, heavy snow, ... was busy cleaning street from all the branches, logs, trunks which broke under the load. It wasn't much snow, but freezing rain and heavy snow stuck to the trees. Light snow the branches would slowly bending down and releasing some weight and then swing up again, not so at this mix.

• Like! 1

Theuns, you lucky dog, you! :P

Around the usual -10'ish here. Little snow here and there, so no poolie for me, at least.

Not one of those ice swimmers. Get the shivers to just thinking of jumping in the water. *brrr*

chattius: Yep. That's bad combo really. Ice is so darned heavier than plain snow.

• Like! 1

Did someone mention Flip Flops and T-shirt.. is it Theuns...again?

:viking::P

Storm, Chat and Zodiac, join me jump into a big cup of hot grog...I've given up on temperature numbers... it's always just plain unfair outside!

:oooo:

gogo

Grog? I am not british I am hessian:

Hot Speierling with cinnamon sticks, cloves, fennel, anised and a citron slice on each glas to decorate.

Speierling = cider from sour apples and over ripe fruits from the service tree.

Buying the spices by the pound in winter:

699151936_811694.jpg

Hot cider, hot tea, hot juice, hot red wine ... the spice mix is universal.

Gogo: I'm in! Those are totally for the cold winter nights. Mmmm. :D Just checked forecast there. Not too envious. Wind's quite chilling, I presume?

Quite warmer here, and it should stay that way for the reminder of the weekend. Though, could also go the other way around. >_<

chattius: That should be great too. Never been a friend of ciders by whole, but that sounds about nice combination to keep one warm.

• Like! 1

Well, Toronto finally has its first true snowfall, and with it... multi-car collisions on the 401. Thankfully, no fatalities or life-threatening injuries, but it pretty much meant that part of said 401 W had to be closed off.

AP22-Schlitten.jpg

Only a Porsche, we use a Lamborghini !!! to track our kids uphill....

A strange land we live,... learnt driving on a Porsche when 5 , upgraded to a Lamborghini with 8, a Mercedes with 10, a BMW with 16 and couldnt wait to be 18 for a fulll driving license fo my mom's Volkswagen Beetle.

• Like! 1

This morning we have a Winter Weather Advisory. NOA calls for 2 feet of snow in our Cascade Moutain Range over the next 48 hours. Adding to the already 100 + inch base at Mt. Hood. That is A LOT of snow folks. For the love of the Gods, 100+ inches, just stop already.

Two weeks ago here in Central Oregon we had a BRUTAL bout with freezing rain. Talk about a mass collision of elements vs. humankind. What a nightmare.

Once people wrecked, if they could move, promply left their vehicles only to fall and become injured further from the subsequent fall post vehicle accident.

Talk about adding insult to injury!

Stay safe out there community.

I remain, :crazy:

• Like! 1

A strange land we live,... learnt driving on a Porsche when 5 , upgraded to a Lamborghini with 8, a Mercedes with 10, a BMW with 16 and couldnt wait to be 18 for a fulll driving license fo my mom's Volkswagen Beetle.

When this was your signature, I always thought you had horses (named, Porsche, Lamborgini, Mercedes and BMW). But, farm equipment is even funnier!

Since moving quite far south from where I was, winter has been a little shock.. today was almost 10oC, and the only snow left is in piles where it was plowed from the 2 or 3 snowfalls we've had so far this year. Rain in winter is annoying, even if it's not freezing rain. Weather is too cold for a rain jacket, and getting your winter jacket soaked is very bad :(

• Like! 1

Slight -2oC here, and snowing almost like there's no tomorrow, again...

Still, not as much as inCascade Mountain Range, but deffo just enough for my taste.

But should not complain after reading Eth's post.

Well, here's for the wait for summer, even if it's still a long way aheads.

• Like! 1

even if it's still a long way aheads.

lol...it is...not even February yet! And Scott, rain in winter is annoying...specially when the rain stops and just hangs in the air, mist that soaks the coat and has a kind of stinging effect when walking.

Chattius, I don't think that Lamborghini loox like the ones I've seen in races? :lol:

Eth, freezing rain can get pretty bad here too, but Schot just bought these cool elasticzed cramp ons! I kid you not, they got these studs attacked with bungee cords that you slip over any shoe you want to use, and presto...safe, non slip walking :bounce:

And here in montreal we be having a nice break in the cold, finally

:)

gogo

Indeed, far, far away... Just finished shoveling heaps of snow. And there should be more coming for the reminder of the week, blech!

Gonna reward myself with warm sauna and cold beer. :P

• Like! 1

Gogo you should get yourself a pair of these bad boys :) They fit over your shoe/boot and the crampons are replaceable

overshoes_zps1f0c72bd.jpg

Here we went from 10°F yesterday to 50°F today with 50 mph winds. Of course today I was up 150 feet on a water tank installing antennas all day. Sometimes I really wish I had a desk job lol

• Like! 1

hehe...I feel ya there Knuckles. I work in the elements as well. When the weather holds, I feel blessed to be outside, in the elements. When the weather turns sour, I envy the ladies in our office.

I remain, :P

p.s.~ @ gogo, YAK TRAKS

Edited by Etherian
  • Like! 1

All I can say at this point is it's bloody cold here in Oregon right now, with some low-rolling morning fog and grey sky. My current concern is whether I want to eat a bowl of lumpy porridge for breakfast, or some two-day old pizza...decisions decisions.

• Like! 1

All I can say at this point is it's bloody cold here in Oregon right now, with some low-rolling morning fog and grey sky. My current concern is whether I want to eat a bowl of lumpy porridge for breakfast, or some two-day old pizza...decisions decisions.

I'm with you on the cold

And the two day old pizza...slow nuke at three quarter power should do ya

;)

gogo

• Like! 1

I'm with you on the cold

;)

gogo

Pizza nuked and devoured, Sir Gogo! I washed it down with a pint of ale (well actually Root Beer) as well.

Forecast in weather here is rain all week but looks like some cold, clear, sunny weather for next weekend, which is my preference.

• Like! 1

Our second daughter got alarmed by our dogs when doing the 10pm walk.

Ground not frozen anymore and we got a boar invasion. The ground around our fruit tree field is digged up on an area like 200*100 metres... My estimation is around 3 rots each 20-25 which must have crossed secondary roads from outside our forest to do this.

Not my field (1am and too dark for Fotos),but to give you a feeling what 60+ boars can do in a single night:

wiesenschaden_sw_weboptimiert.jpg

• Like! 1

I'm with you on the cold

;)

gogo

Pizza nuked and devoured, Sir Gogo! I washed it down with a pint of ale (well actually Root Beer) as well.

Forecast in weather here is rain all week but looks like some cold, clear, sunny weather for next weekend, which is my preference.

oowah...root beer... been so long...maybe I'll run out for a Dr. Pepper...the tongue buds be asking ^^

Just back from some late night grocery shopping, it's actually getting some warmth back into the air, a pleasant crisp walk

:dance2:

gogo

p.s. one weird smiley huh LOL