What's the weather like over there?

All sunny day for once. :) And couple Celsius on plus. Seems this'll continue for the remainder of the week, although, forecasts tell, that we'll get a heap of cold arctic air on weekend... That'd mean around -20C or so. Spring's so far away...

• Like! 1

Gogo: That kinda depends of the year. But generally, April and May are the spring months and June, July and August summer. Well, August is leaning to fall actually, but could also be warm as heck. I'm quite positive we'll have somewhat nice summer coming, as the winter's been quite harsh.

But then again, it might be cold as... cold. We have somewhat unofficial saying that "Finnish summer is short, but with only little snow." :P That's as good translation I can give. Point is, quite often summers are cold, and much of rain pours down on us poor chaps trying to have our summer vacations.

In a very strange turn of events. We now have a forecast into the 60's by Saturday. It blows my mind to think it just snowed a couple days ago.

Very odd weather indeed!

I remain, :dntknw:

• Like! 1

lol I know! WE got plus one here today now up and down, but just finished wallowing through a strange snowstorm with blowing rain droplets

:blink:

gogo

p.s. heh, Juha, sounds like your summers just too short as well ^^ ... we just never get enuff of any thing good huh :P

Yeah, it seems that weather's all fuzzy all over the place.

Today was an semi-okay day, except for some nasty sleet, which luckily didn't last long. Weekend's gonna be all cold, just as I said earlier... Gonna get all I need from the store tomorrow, don't want to go out when it's about -20, if I absolutely don't have to...

Gogo: Yep. That's Finland for you, alright. Although, I'm not the least bit envious of Siberian people. Makes local weather look like a paradise in comparison. :P

I have read several scientific theories as to why our global weather is no longer 'Considered Normal' predictable.

683967main_Aug31-CME-4Panel.jpg

CME August 31, 2012

o-SOLAR-ERUPTION-570.jpg?5

Solar Eruption New Years 2012

In the same several theories it is stated clearly. We have entered now into Solar Maximum 2013. The Sun waxes & wanes of a cyclical nature. Where the Sun goes, so goes the Solar System, therefore Planet Earth. The weather today is a side effect of this cyclical nature.

So the scientific data suggests. Something to ponder perhaps?

I remain, :dntknw:

No snow, no rain, frozen ground, ....

The reason I was quite silent last days: optimal weather to transport the wood from the forest without damaging the soil too much.

Well finally a weekend without snow...first time in 4 weeks....Amazingly all that snow (about 4 feet worth) has all melted except where it was piled up...walking on any grassy area feels like stepping on a wet sponge

There's a huge storm predicted for end of next week, but no idea whether or not it'll hit us,,,,right now they're saying it'll stay off-shore...Wish it was the other way around...in my experience when the weather man says some storm is going to hit us a week from now it never does...but if he says it's going to miss us, that's when we get hammered

• Like! 1

chattius: Your post nearly motivated me to go to do some firewood. Although, we don't have that much forest left, and it's far away from where I live... And I don't have need for firewood at this time of life. Would've been good practice though. :) Remember helping pops with some wood gathering waaay back.

Knucks: Looks like someone's inverted you weather conditions... We've mostly gotten quite accurate forecasts, be for the good, or worse.

And it looks like we don't get as cold weather as I feared. Even though over -10C is quite enough. Still haven't got totally over the cold, so the warmer the better for me. And looks like we'll get little more snow. Not much, luckily.

There's a huge storm predicted for end of next week, but no idea whether or not it'll hit us,,,,right now they're saying it'll stay off-shore...Wish it was the other way around...in my experience when the weather man says some storm is going to hit us a week from now it never does...but if he says it's going to miss us, that's when we get hammered

On that same note. It has been an ongoing joke now in my family for years. It has been stated several times over the years some of us should have become Meteorologists. It is the only career *outside of politics* where you can be wrong 50-60% of the time and not only keep your job, but make 6 figures doing so...

The joke, if timed right, will bring a whole room full of people into gut busting laughter.

The weather: 60's throughout this weekend.

I remain, :P

• Like! 1

On that same note. It has been an ongoing joke now in my family for years. It has been stated several times over the years some of us should have become Meteorologists. It is the only career *outside of politics* where you can be wrong 50-60% of the time and not only keep your job, but make 6 figures doing so...

The joke, if timed right, will bring a whole room full of people into gut busting laughter.

The weather: 60's throughout this weekend.

I remain, :P

heheh, u really made me laugh there. It's a good one, mind if I recycle it at work? We'lll need it for this MOnday me thinks^^

We're getting longer sunnier days, that for me's the big "break"

Hola Summah

:gogo:

gogo

Even the ground is frozen at shadow places still, the forest ants are leaving their sunny nests already. I take this that spring is arriving, also first chains of cranes were passing in their flight back from africa to scandinavia.

Our sundial has following german saying:
Mach es wie die Sonnenuhr, zähl die heiteren Stunden nur.

The sundial at local church in latin:
horas non numero nisi serenas

Don't know if there is an english equivalent, from Wiki:

horas non numero nisi serenas - I do not count the hours unless they are sunny-A common inscription on sundials.

The english translation doesn't rhyme as the german does.

• Like! 1

Lucky fellas... Just read yesterday that spring's far from here. Few warmer days with some sunshine. Although today's been snowing lightly all day long. At nights it's still around -17 to -20C. Looks like winter's going to keep us in it's cold clutches quite some time. Here' hoping at least Easter would be warmer...

McDonalds: I was shocked when I saw this at them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currywurst

mccurrywurst_preview.png

And even more shocked of the taste :( And it seems I wasn't the only one:

I really think a Currywurst isn't their thing. Luckily it is sunny and my rapeseed-oil driven motorbike with 1.2litre per 100km allows me do drive to a real currywurst store and still save money.

• Like! 1

Looks like it'll be sunny throughout the weekend, albeit tad cold. Luckily, I don't need to be that much on the outside.

Other good thing I bought me sunglasses last fall, finally. There was a nice offer, otherwise I couldn't have afforded 'em.

As glass-user, I need mine with the same strength as my glasses. Could use contacts, but they cost too. All in all, one of the best ~70€ purchase, dem sunglasses. :P

As weather is concerned. The most beautiful Saturday thus far.

61 and counting. Finally, Jack Frost willing, spring has arrived.

I remain, :dance:

hahahah

curry wurst

boy , that laugh, and just saying that word out loud made my morning :lol:

Juha, I'm totally in love with glasses that change color. I would never have bought them, but my parents helped me with them a while back, and I've been hooked ever since.

Eth, just saw Jack Frost in Rise of the Guardians, AMAZING MOVIE

Daylight savings time has hit here montreal, we're feeling good

:dance:

gogo

Winter is back, 6 inches snow in one hour yesterday. Terrible accident on Autobahn 30 miles away, 20 trucks, 80cars ....

unfall_a45_1260_fitwidth_420.jpg

My wife was close to end oif her shift when first injured arrived at hospital. The miracxle was: no deaths, 100 injured. She did a 16 hour double shift and came back late night instead mid day. Still sleeping when I left.

• Like! 1

Geh... More snow, once again. From what I've read it's quite far-spread, so to speak. At least in Europe. Looks like Friday should be sunny again. I've about had enough of this damn snow... It's starting to be a bit problematic, as our condominium has quite small yard. There's soon simply no places to put the snow to...

chattius: It's good to hear no lifes were lost in that accident.

Gogo: About the glass business; I've wanted those kinds of glasses too, the price is the only downside. Glasses in general are quite expensive here. Even when there's more competition than in the past, it's sometimes somewhat ridiculous. So I had to make a compromise and get both.

• Like! 1

Chattius, You've described your wife to be so competent and caring in past posts, I'm glad someone like that was on hand to help them out :hugs:

Juha, I once considered getting glasses by internet... do you have prescription ez to fill? Is something like this possible?

Boo to snow, bring on more sun!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

The cranes and wild geese just arrived a few days ago and turned: They are flying back south !!!!

Temperature dropped 20Celcius , had snow and -14C.

Today my ladies were buying clothes and didn't want me, so I looked for some tools at nearby hardware store and guess what I found:

2cvb-1j.jpg

Just 2.40 Euro. Remember the McCurrywurst just a few posts ago? This one is a real one from a butcher who sells his own stuff saturdays at market, yummy Yummy YUMMY. French fries are not the tiny ones, they are 1.2*1.2cm square , just to get the size.

• Like! 1

Wise of 'em birdies, I say. They would've gotten quite cold welcome up here... About -15 now, tomorrow should be a mellow sunny day, but to counter it, next night about -30C. Brrr... Could possibly come true, if stayed all clear.

chattius: Yep, looking good. I'd also do the same, voluntarily, if given opportunity. Good thing I had some late snack available, as that really is an appetizing shot. :P

• Like! 1