What's the weather like over there?

You guys, we been here a few years now eh... lol I remember Chattius talking about the cranes last year!

- 15 Juha?

Who's gonna knit ya that sweater eh?

:)

gogo

Now that you mentioned it, Gogo, 3'rd spring for me here. Well, active that is. Used to stalk the builds'n stuff back with the Underworld days, but still. Time sure flies by.

Luckily, I own nice long sleeved woolie. Bought it from a friend a waaay back when he had a street clothes shop. Good thing he had variety there.

Gonna miss some Northern Lights, but it's not too long ago when I was sick, so I don't plan to play with it. And the street lights would mess it somewhat nonetheless.

Today the trunks I mentioned end of february are transported away. Ground is still frozen and still some snow. Since I do my photos with my old analog cameras I rarely upload them.

This photo was done3 weeks ago with a fast black and white analog film and then I scanned the negative ....

I think these old analog cameras have a charm a high resolution digital camera lacks. And best you can get them cheap at ebay nowadays.

IMG_1844-Kopie_zpsecef38c1.jpg

I am a dinosaur I know, but the photo has some nostalgic charme, or?

Chattius -

Not so sure why you'd consider it all that shocking to find Currywurst @ McDonalds. It makes sense for them to try to incorporate at least one local fast food delicacy in each country they have franchises in. They do need to attract customers any way then can - and if burgers don't do it, they've got to go with what will bring home the proverbial bacon.

At least you guys have something moderately appetizing. They've got these craptastic fish McBites - sort of like chicken nuggets - except made of fish. Bleah!

Personally, I don't do fish - not since the time I got a massive case of food poisoning after eating some. NOT FUN! I'd really rather not go through that ever again in my life.

Their advertising is just as bad when it comes to this product. The last thing you want to call your fish product is "fishy"... That implies it's well past it's prime and has an odor...

At any rate.. the weather here is fairly mild. About 70 degrees F.. (about 21.1 C)

Oh, the commerce, and all it's mishaps. :P Dunno about local Mc-offers, as I don't go to 'em. Got few other nice choices, so I go with them.

Chattius: Well, it's not so odd to feel fond of the old gear. And those pics sure have the certain feeling about them.

Sure, one could use few filters by PS or something, not the same thing of course.

Personally, I'd go with modern tech. Had enough of the old film cameras way back. So much easier with digital gear.

Oh, and the weather; for change, only few degrees cold. Though it seems to be getting all cloudy again. Plus point is, not so cold anymore. Few night are bound to be around -20 or so, but looks like the remainder of the week is bit more warm.

And, thanks to the sun and frost, I took first slip today, when I went to get the non exsistential post... Landed straight on my bum, not so graciously... :P Gotta get 'em anti-skids, before I hurt myself.

Yesterday 6pm people were asked to search for a 7 year old boy missed 12 kilometres away. We did a perimetre search with our dogs around our forest and at 7:45 pm we were informed that he was found dead in a river with wild water cause of snow melting. Sad evening....

Yesterday 6pm people were asked to search for a 7 year old boy missed 12 kilometres away. We did a perimetre search with our dogs around our forest and at 7:45 pm we were informed that he was found dead in a river with wild water cause of snow melting. Sad evening....

Very sorry. May the young boy Rest In Peace. May the family rebound back to normalcy quickly.

I remain, :nooo:

Somehow I feel guilty when thinking: 'What a luck it was an accident' when reading about the dead boy in newspaper in morning. When I did the search walk with the dog I had a gun with me and ordered kids to stay home to coordinate phone and radio transmitter (some places in forest have no phone signal).

Somehow I am paranoid, if a kid is missing and there was no bad test/exam at school I always think about a crime first. Perhaps it is having 4 daughters and living in a forest.

My feelings are with the parents.

We feel your pain gogo. Although we dont have snow drifts as of now.

Very cold because of the wind chill. Sideways rain as well.

Hunker down to keep warm. Be gone with you foul winter. The Ides of March is almost over.

I remain, :bounce:

Well, holy hannah, loox like the good times are here... a break in the weather, some sunny spots and glorious blue skies. The plows were running around the streets pulling up all the old snow piles, and you could feel a spring time return.

Can hardly wait to spend some time on the paths around my place, and get some fresh air that won't chill me lungs too much

yeeeeeeeeee haw

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Yoh my god... Snow... we're actually having snow...this is like the longest winter ever...I feel like our winter's heading towards a season of Game of Thrones...

someone throw us some summer our way...

halp

:oooo:

gogo

"Brace yourselves, pollen is coming." Would be more appropriate line here. Though nights are cold, it's been steady +2-5C daytime. All sunny at least a week. So, very spring-like weather here.

If feel for you Gogs, but it'll eventually come to an end. ^^ At least lets hope so. :)

Feeling an itty bitty sick meself. Might as well be first bites of the yearly allergies starting. Took first anti-histamine yesterday and got fresh 100 pill batch from pharmacy. Allergies, here we come again...

Allergies!

I've been so blessed, hardly a sneeze in almost a year, I know that peeps who get this are miserable though. Hold out Juha! Do the pills help that much?

gogo

Why indeed. I would be totally lost without 'em.

For over 10 years springs have been miserable time for me. But since I started getting anti-histamine I can live with it. Last year being an exception. I had to double the dosage couple of times... Horrendous times.

Only spring I was free of that menace was when I had my military service. We were outdoors that year a lot, and I was generally more fit. Barely any symptons save some minor sneezing. Should try to work out to get as fit again. But that'll be helluva undertaking...

I'm really happy you were able to find a way to deal with this. Schot's also possessed a few times a year by terrible sneezing fits, the coming of allergies, and some of my family as well...wouldn't wish it on anyone.

But what about the antihistamines... do humans develop a resistance against them?

Or... is there things we can do on our own to not be so affected?

gogo

Indeed, wouldn't want any allergies to anyone. And despite everything, mine is quite mild. Worst cases are in really bad shape on pollen season.

And about the resistance, not that I've noticed. That would be really bad... There are hyposensibilization programs, which could basically cure the allergies. Thing is, they are still somewhat expensive, and needs to be done on wintertime, so I haven't taken closer look about them. At least yet.

Did I really say this: 'Finally rain!!!'

It was dry, cold and strong winds the last days. A farmer tried to work on its field and stopped when he saw the sandstorm he produced. Even cars 200 metres away got covered with dust.

And I know its too late, but my daughter was showing a game magazine to me telling that there will be a .ork ending for games and roleplay groups. Several millions of young people did an action and were signing for a petition to get this ending, being frustrating to typo for example darkmatters.org as darkmatters.ork.

Well it was the april edition of a german game magazine (Ork, not orc) but I liked the idea ;)

I will join the protest and grap my guitar later in evening and sing loud the Rolling Stones classic:

I see a black ork and I want it painted red / No colors anymore I want them to turn red

I see the orks walk by dressed in their armoured suits / I have to draw my sword to send deadly greets

Copyright by Chattius the Minnesänger, some day in the future ;)

• Like! 1

Well, a fellow guildie from US said, she had awoken into a blizzard... Sooo, what to make of that...

At least it's about clear skies here. And they stated that termic spring is in Helsinki now. Meaning temperature average is from 0 to +10C. So, it's getting better here. But there might still be another snowstorm or two, one can't be entirely sure.. Finland's weather is somewhat interesting at times...

Hope it gets better there soon, Gogs! In the meantime, enjoy warm drinks 'n stuff. :)

And... there's a snow storm coming...someone else on the east coast please tell me this isn't going to happen

pleeeeeeeeeze

:oooo:

I'm afraid it's really going to happen, and I got rid of my winter tires last Monday, so :oooo: :oooo:

Edit : I just watched the storms/tornadoes caused by this snowstorm in both colorado and missouri. I hope everyone in these areas is safe.

Edited by Flooxim
  • Like! 1

Well I'm an East Coaster and it's missing us (phew) Had about as much snow as I care to see this season. We will get a little bit of the storm but worst case is some sleet and wind (we always get wind)

End of the weekend we'll hit 70°F (21°C) here - hello Spring :D

• Like! 1