What's the weather like over there?

30 degrees celsious in shade here in denmark. working and drinking around 5 to 6 litres off water on work a day right now.
Darn I hope we get cloudy and around 20 degrees .... loong time till vacation time for me ( x-mas ).

I suspect you could fry bacon and eggs on the paving I make right now ...

Edited by D-molisher

We've had quite the break from hot weather here...while hitting the 90's (32°C) is rare out where I live (gotta love the ocean breeze :P), but just 30 miles away they usually have about 15-20 90°F+ days during the summer. So far this year we have had only 1 :)

Of course I just probably jinxed myself now

34C and rain approaching from southwest...

What I fear most currently are Fallböen. When rain hits the hot flank of a mountain resulting into a very sudden cooling which sucks in more rain for more cooling and out of nowhere there are very fast local storm winds which are channeled through the valley.

While a tornado is rotating a Fallböe is directed.

Downburst_damage.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downburst

While my ancestors were smart enough 3 centuries ago to build the house away from them the road to house and even more the trees along the road are in the probably way of the storm.

Well...hottest day in the year yesterday...and this morning waking up to the pittter then heavy drumming of rain. Have to run to work ... umbrella on!

:)

gogo

Spend most of the night to pump water out of cellars at surrounding villages...

7 Persons were idiotic enough to park their cars on a parking lane direct at a small river which was totally flooded ignoring the weather condition red warnings we had the whole day.

Cars are totally destroyed now because houses had priority.

Just read the data from my automated weather station: first 20 minutes of rain were 48 litres per square metre. in 2 hours it were 103 litres (about 4 inches height). Add hilly terrain where all water coillects in the valleys.

• 1 month later...

Well....one of the coolest summers I can ever remember having.....only 4 90°F days for the whole summer...and not even one heat wave at all (3days of 90°+ in a row). I have even put on a sweatshirt a few times in the morning (had sever days of low temps in the 50's)

Watch....we'll get hammered the winter to make up for it

Well....one of the coolest summers I can ever remember having.....only 4 90°F days for the whole summer...and not even one heat wave at all (3days of 90°+ in a row). I have even put on a sweatshirt a few times in the morning (had sever days of low temps in the 50's)

Watch....we'll get hammered the winter to make up for it

We've had a very similar summer here in Quebec. Shame it's almost over now.

Knuckles, Max, my heart breaks over this... what an awful summer this was... and I kept hoping for a "break" to happen for our little corner of the world to be lifted out of these grey doldrums and shine in some light for at least a series of a few weeks... alas, grey grey grey...

Thank goodness for Poutine!

:hugs:

gogo

Past few days we had warm, windy and overcast days, with the evenings bein cool, yet pleasant.

I think our approaching summer is going to be a nightmare of very hot days and sweating a few littres everyday! I have always said the same thig as Knuckles, when it is cold, you can put on more clothes until you are warm, but you can only take so much off...

Delta!

• Like! 1

Been rained in for two days here now, and I was so sick on Friday, had to call in sick o_o ...feeling a bit better today, maybe a pack of spicey rman noodles to wake me up?

Bring on the Sri Racha Bartender!

gogo

p.s. Theuns, we can ALWAYS take more off :4rofl:

• 1 month later...

We just broke into rain, thankffully... there was some creepy weather out and about before... hot, kinda, soggy,kinda and above all strange... though the rain's come through, making for a greeeeeeeeey daaaaaaaaaaay

:oooo:

gogo

This week coming up is going to suck for me....got a Nor'easter aiming right for New England and expected to stall right over us...so I got rain, heavy rain, heavy windy rain looking right at me for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and maybe Friday..

The worst part is its going to create high sea levels for 4 days and I live right on the coast....basement is going to flood....I really gotta move inland.

The only stuff I have in the basement is stuff I don't care if it gets wet, like outdoor furniture...several years ago I moved my electric panel and furnace upstairs after particularly bad flood. Lost power and whole basement flooded at least 5-6 feet deep...Have two sump pumps but with no power they didn't do much good.

If we get another hurricane, I am in a mandatory evacuation zone. While technically I don't have to leave, if I become trapped or am in need of rescue they will not come get me...I'm on my own.

• Like! 1

Sunny, chains of cranes and snow geese in the sky, so yes... Weather forecast says heavy storm with tons of rain will come. But nature beat science everytime at a weatherforecast it seems. The beats know well in advance it seems.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Growing up in New England I always heard the following..."If you don't like the weather, wait an hour". Though I think most places have a similar saying...just proves how unpredictable/strange weather can be. Saturday we got a small snow storm (about 4 inches) and high temp around 20°F (-7°C). Sunday we had a high temp of 60°F (15°C) and heavy rain. Monday is supposed to be even warmer.

And how do we go from 65°F (18°C) to a low of -10°F (-23°C) on Thursday with wind chills around -40°F (huh it -40°C too)? High temp that day will be around freezing. Now I don't mind cold weather, or working in it, but I do hate huge temperature swings. It's like a system shock to your body. I like temperature swings to be gradual.

All I can think of is when I was in the Navy. I was leaving the Arctic and heading to Cuba. So within 2 days I went from -40°F with wind chills around -80°F (-62°C) to a sunny 90°F (32°C) and 90% humidity. It was such a shock to my body..I sweat non-stop for about 2 weeks and was sick the whole time

• Like! 1

Holee MOlee we were hit big this weekend. Lots of snow, more snow, then lots of hail, ice then rain, then more snow. All on a weekend where my nephew came to visit. He's 4 years old, but tackled this storm well, and made it out to the ice rink with us in

-20 degree celsius!

11j5iee.jpg

And after they left, on the corner near where I live this:

2w5u3jo.jpg

Ayuh, slippy outside!

gogo

I wouldn't mind seeing some snow. It hasn't snowed here (southeast GA) since Christmas Day of 1989. All we ever get when it snows elsewhere is cold rain. It gets cold enough to snow (was 22F last night), but it never does..

• Like! 1

Well it was -5°F with a wind chill in the -20's this morning around 4am...how do I know this? Because I had to go into work early...and............the truck wouldn't start...lucky me huh...I got a lot of luck, just most of it is bad :P

Took me a bit to find my battery charger in the shed as I got lazy this fall and just threw all the summer stuff in without organizing....so I got stuck out in the cold for about an hour trying to find the charger and then charge my battery.

My luck, it was on one of the coldest mornings in the last 10 years....though one good bit of news...I bought my truck 10 years ago...and it still had the original battery in it.....it definitely didn't owe me anything

• Like! 1

Well it was -5°F with a wind chill in the -20's this morning around 4am...how do I know this? Because I had to go into work early...and............the truck wouldn't start...lucky me huh...I got a lot of luck, just most of it is bad :P

Took me a bit to find my battery charger in the shed as I got lazy this fall and just threw all the summer stuff in without organizing....so I got stuck out in the cold for about an hour trying to find the charger and then charge my battery.

My luck, it was on one of the coldest mornings in the last 10 years....though one good bit of news...I bought my truck 10 years ago...and it still had the original battery in it.....it definitely didn't owe me anything

You win. We were 2 degrees with wind chills in the -10's. Of course by the time I left the house, it was a balmy 7 degrees.

• Like! 1

I wouldn't mind seeing some snow. It hasn't snowed here (southeast GA) since Christmas Day of 1989. All we ever get when it snows elsewhere is cold rain. It gets cold enough to snow (was 22F last night), but it never does..

Ahh, sometimes I crave that kind of full time heatness

gogo

I hear ya on the cold... a lot of my friends on the day also couldn't get their cars started, it's that extreme...and when I went to work today, a fair number of peeps came in with slings, casts and crutches... our entire city, covered in a sheet of ice... the new Quebec Ice storm!

gogo