What's the weather like over there?

Well, today in new york it looks like arendale. for those not in the know thats the mythical kingdom in the new frozen movie. yes, new york currently looks like an icy wasteland. I am not happy.

Do you live close by Veracious?

I have family close to Manhattan, and mom in Bethesda, and I know Knuckles and some other members from here are east as well.

a LOT of snow coming in.

:)

gogo

actually I'm out on long island. I'm about an hour from manhattan.I wasn't aware I lived so close to some of the other members.

About a 4 hour drive for me to get to Woodbury/Syosset....unless of course I left today...more like 24 hours....still snowing here and got a snow drift that has completely buried one side of my truck...

And still snowing and still windy...least the power is still on....the entire island of Nantucket is without power, and no ferries or planes running for anyone to help them out.....which is why I don't live on an island

Saying we got 24 inches...exactly 2 feet of snow. Lot of flooding damage tough luckily for me winds were mostly out of the north so no problems for me (I'm on the south side). Had to go out 5 times with snowblower to clear driveway. Winds were so strong it would undo everything I did within 3-4 hours.

Now off to work and see how many calls come in for antenna repair :D

• Like! 1

Saying we got 24 inches...exactly 2 feet of snow. Lot of flooding damage tough luckily for me winds were mostly out of the north so no problems for me (I'm on the south side). Had to go out 5 times with snowblower to clear driveway. Winds were so strong it would undo everything I did within 3-4 hours.

Now off to work and see how many calls come in for antenna repair :D

I sense... pancakes while waiting!

:wizard:

gogo

Yup made it almost to work.....street isn't plowed and got a 6-7 foot drift right at the entrance.....so headed back to house and making french toast...will try and get into work in an hour or so.....boss finally got out of his driveway (he has a very long one..maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of mile long) and heading to shop to plow now.

My snow blower died halfway through the storm so had to hand dig most of it. I had forgotten how much I really hate having to do it manually.

• Like! 1

Haha my gf and I made sure everyone at home parked end to end down the driveway so we didn't have to shovel as much. Thr worst is where the truck dozed everything in to the driveway at the entrance. Luckily a neighbor helped us out with his John Deere. Cut our time in half. No loss of utilities so we're lucky.

• Like! 1

The mountain finches were right: the waiting room of my wives medical praxis was full of people who stumpled at a sudden ice rain. Add 9 car crashes on the secondary near our village.

I do believe I just jinxed myself....complain about getting multiple snow storms and Mother Nature decides to throw a few my way..

Just had 2 feet, getting another 4-6 inches overnight tonight and early estimates are 12-15 inches on Monday :o

So there's a possibility of around 4 feet of snow in a week's time...good grief lol

Pretty sure they're already dead(many shells are open..though they might still be alive) so they wouldn't be ok for human consumption..more than likely the seagulls got most of them

Heavy frost, very thin snow, ideal weather for moving the trunks out of the forest without doing too much harm to the deep frozen soil. We chop trees mainly per demand and are not cleaning a whole area from trees. So it is more maths than swinging axes. Calcullating access routes, angle of fall, how the empty hole in the forest will affect the growing of neighbour trees, ...

Oaks takes centuries for growing so I have to plan a bit for the grandgrand...grandchildren. My grandgrandgrandpa wrote about the ones we move today: They are still growing straight up. Will give ideal wood for four mast sailing ships.

Found noone building a new cargo sailor so the trunks are used to repair a castle in 10 years. If you live near New York, I think one of the surving 'Flying P-Liners' four-masted cargo ships, the Peking; is still there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_%28ship%29

When I was 14 my grandpa took me to the Passat, a sister ship. I was allowed to climb to the crow's nest (with 2 ropes securing me). Ever since then I loved these beasts.

Viermastbark_passat_bei_nacht.jpg

So much math to logging!

gogo

I surrender....give up...waving the white flag...punting on first down...whatever it takes to say that you win Mother Nature, now leave me alone lol

In the last 10 days we've got 48 inches (122 cm) of snow...that is more than our total winter average for snow for the entire season !

And now looking at yet another chance for heavy snow on Thursday...and Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of winter.....not sure if winter is my favorite season anymore.

• Like! 1

Unimog-Weather

My cousin asked me if I could help her to repair the horse fences. The Lahn river valley was flooded, then frozen, then unfrozen, then frozen again, ...

The ground is sucked up with water which can't leave. The surface is just frozen at the top. You move kinda from mole hole to mole hole, else you break through into ice cold water.

post-4779-0-59760000-1422965716_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

I surrender....give up...waving the white flag...punting on first down...whatever it takes to say that you win Mother Nature, now leave me alone lol

In the last 10 days we've got 48 inches (122 cm) of snow...that is more than our total winter average for snow for the entire season !

And now looking at yet another chance for heavy snow on Thursday...and Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of winter.....not sure if winter is my favorite season anymore.

ski hill in your back yard... start sellin tix!

:dance:

gogo

Unimog-Weather

My cousin asked me if I could help her to repair the horse fences. The Lahn river valley was flooded, then frozen, then unfrozen, then frozen again, ...

The ground is sucked up with water which can't leave. The surface is just frozen at the top. You move kinda from mole hole to mole hole, else you break through into ice cold water.

That scene looks so desolate, with all those ice holes. Is it cold out there as well?

gogo

Only -5 Celsius currently. Very cloudy so the ground doesn't cool out at night this much. But no sun either. I would prefer sunny days and cold nights.

When I took the photo it was sunday 9am and -11C and felt colder because of a strong wind in the flat valley. The dogs were happy, frozen ground drove all the moles and mice near surface and they had a lot to sniff around.

• Like! 1