What's the weather like over there?

We got two feet here on long island ny.

My mom lives in Maryland, Bethesday, they were snowed in as well, she had to stay overnight at work (Senior Residents home) because of the blizzard

Luckily, no downed trees like last time, power kept going

:)

gogo

My mom lives in Maryland, Bethesday, they were snowed in as well, she had to stay overnight at work (Senior Residents home) because of the blizzard

gogo

Nothing crazy here either. Just snow. I may have read some power outages but like 1000 homes. They were up and running in a day. Some rising tides by the shore but nothing like Sandy. All in all a walk in the park. My gf and I were smart. We shoveled every hour. An inch at a time. By the time the storm ended there was almost nothing to clean up but the cars. Best choice ever lol.

• Like! 1

gogo

Nothing crazy here either. Just snow. I may have read some power outages but like 1000 homes. They were up and running in a day. Some rising tides by the shore but nothing like Sandy. All in all a walk in the park. My gf and I were smart. We shoveled every hour. An inch at a time. By the time the storm ended there was almost nothing to clean up but the cars. Best choice ever lol.

I remember growing up and having to keep a trepidatious eye upon the garage-way when we were kids... more snow meant more we had to do to get it shoveled for our parents!

:4rofl:

gogo

Ended up with 15 inches here and wind gusts in the high 60's....and it's all mostly gone...except where snow plows piled up there snow...all the streets/lawns etc are bare.

What I love about Cape Cod. Get a big snow storm and all it's all gone within days :) (usually....last year the stuff stayed for months and kept piling up)

You're lucky you got that warm balmy weather to soothe in...we're still coping with some cold weather here, but at the same time not so cold... the world's like wet ice on wet ice...

just marvelous to walk on...

Not

:oooo:

gogo

Ended up with 15 inches here and wind gusts in the high 60's....and it's all mostly gone...except where snow plows piled up there snow...all the streets/lawns etc are bare.

What I love about Cape Cod. Get a big snow storm and all it's all gone within days :) (usually....last year the stuff stayed for months and kept piling up)

Oh Massachusetts. You're right across the Sound. I'm just minutes from the Port Jeff / Bridgeport ferry. Yea all our snow has melted from the streets and driveways as well. The rain fall after was a big help. Unfortunately everyone still sucks at driving.

• Like! 1

We were able to squeeze some goodness out of the weekend and headed up to the country to spend time with l'il nephew Jake with the show shoes and x country skies

outdoors with winter gear is awesome!

gogo

• Like! 1

We have a boar invasion. The ground is no longer frozen and now hundreds of them search for acorns, beech nuts, ...

Sadly the squirrels are not able to defend their caches.

Hundreds?

Of boars?

I can't even imagine a swarming of huge animals like that occurring in real life in the world anymore

:o

gogo

The fires are out, thank goodness. It rained a little bit on Wednesday and Thursday morning early, but the heat is back on full blast today...

Hillcrest berry farm, a major supplier of fresh and frozen berries in South Africa lost their entire blueberry plantation... and they are my favorite! a lot of their other berry bushes(raspberry, gooseberry and blackberry) suffered burn damage and got "sick from the thick coats of ash. a few more wine farms on the other side of Simonsberg lost some vineyards, and had the firefighters there around the clock. The university had a food run to collect food and water/cold drinks/energy drinks for them that they could quickly eat while being busy fighting fires

I am jealous of all the snow that you guys have there! another year that has been added to my life and I still have not seen snow...

Delta!

I cant imagine the kind of damage losing their entire year crop must do... all those employees! HOpefully they have other revenues or are helped out by government?

Re snow... we are here in the frostiest country on earth (almost :P) Any time yer on the continenet swing by and we'll do Cabane a sucre (sugaring off party)... first can of maple syrup is on us!!

photo-entete-activite-sucre.jpg

Gotta love weather...tomorrow morning temps will be around 60°F (15.5°C) and then 24 hours later, Friday morning will be 30°F (-1°C) and 6 inches of snow :D

Woke up yesterday and felt the bite again... yah lookig forward to a good snow fall...two weekends ago, the trip for snowshoing and cross country was awesome... great way to hang out with the family...

bring it on nature!

gogo

Ended up getting a foot of wet heavy snow Friday.....branches down all over...and worst is all the snow still up in the trees....it's like ice bombs when it falls a few dozen feet onto your head or shoulders.....least most of it is on the ground now which is great timing since......

I'm under a blizzard warning tomorrow...8-12" with localized 2 feet possible...and 65MPH winds woohoo.....please no antennas fall down...pretty please

Ended up getting a foot of wet heavy snow Friday.....branches down all over...and worst is all the snow still up in the trees....it's like ice bombs when it falls a few dozen feet onto your head or shoulders.....least most of it is on the ground now which is great timing since......

I'm under a blizzard warning tomorrow...8-12" with localized 2 feet possible...and 65MPH winds woohoo.....please no antennas fall down...pretty please

I hate those ice bombs from the trees! lol I duck and weave when outside to make sure those deadly missiles miss me ... and today we're having a super cold start...looks like winter missus is here and off to a wild start... -9 ...

owch

gogo

Not too cold here yet....won't get a cold snap til end of week....but the blizzard is in fine form...really coming down hard....visibility near zero at times....just came home from work and got a new pet peeve....

People in white cars driving in a snow storm with no lights on....umm guys....you blend....didn't see several until I was passing them...c'mon...have a little common sense...

Did learn a new word....all fancy talk for "you're going to have a bad day"...word is Bombogenesis or Explosive Cyclogenesis

• Like! 1

Not too cold here yet....won't get a cold snap til end of week....but the blizzard is in fine form...really coming down hard....visibility near zero at times....just came home from work and got a new pet peeve....

People in white cars driving in a snow storm with no lights on....umm guys....you blend....didn't see several until I was passing them...c'mon...have a little common sense...

Did learn a new word....all fancy talk for "you're going to have a bad day"...word is Bombogenesis or Explosive Cyclogenesis

I love new wording, and try to do it at least once a day... what you dug up is pretty long though, could be a challenge to fit into an every day convo

:4rofl:

gogo

Had to share this photo...taken the other day on Nantucket....it is soooooo cool (no pun intended)

How did that happen... someone sprayed water on a web and it froze?

or artifice?

gogo

Ahhh... clever^^ though today outside I'd much rather see a swimming pool... hello everyone, Canada Winter is here...say hello to... wait for it...

- 20 !!!

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

GOGO

Umm can you keep that Canadian air...umm in Canada?

We have wind chills warnings here for weekend....will get around -30°F here at times....nothing like cold and wind to let you know where all of your nerve endings are

• Like! 1

Umm can you keep that Canadian air...umm in Canada?

We have wind chills warnings here for weekend....will get around -30°F here at times....nothing like cold and wind to let you know where all of your nerve endings are

we're blizzarding right now, but it's not so cold as I thought.. a cold blustery walk, but once all bundled up, was kind of pleasant

gogo