What's the weather like over there?

Nah we're good. I just can't let myself be mad about the heat after missing it with a broken hand. So I've made a promise to myself not to complain about the summer heat after complaining about the horrific snow. It's not a comparison to you , just a meditative effort on my behalf. More like a self betterment. I do love to play ball though. No mistaking that. Eighteen years and counting. Unfortunately I sustained another injury this year. Shoulder this time. At least I made it to August this time not just June.

I can understand that feeling. Back in 2007 when I had back surgery in early June I couldn't move/get out of bed for over 2 months. I literally watched summer go by, through my bedroom window...longest summer I ever had to endure. Having an injury stop you from being active can really be a downer.

Weird thing is I really don't complain much at all. Even when I know the day is going to be really humid/hot. I seem just to complain in here :P I found early on that having a positive attitude during work, made the day soooo much easier to deal with. So I'll usually joke about it to myself and co-workers. Kind of hard to be in a bad mood when when you're joking around all day.

My biggest gripe is sweating...like sweating profusely. And only at work. If I'm doing some house/yard work at home and get dirty/sweaty/looking like something the cat dragged in, I don't mind at all. Just when I'm at work. I often work on very expensive communication systems and how I look is important to me. I'm supposed to look professional at all times. So no ripped/stained/holey jeans (cannot tell you how many jeans I go through a year - has to be around 25-30) or t-shirts without collars.

So when I get grimey/sweaty on the 1st job and then go to the next....I always worry about how I look to them. On hot days I bring 2 or 3 changes of clothes, towels, hand/body wipes etc. It's a pain in the arse.

• Like! 1

Golden October is the best time of the year, was it and will be it. I work in a bunker 50 metres below ground level. So for my work weather is irrelevant. Then there is the work you have to invest into house and garden. For most of the work I need a few days of dry weather which is more probably in summer. Also in summer breaks you have access to kid slaves ;)

But in october, main work is done and you can relax in evening sitting on a bank in the front of the house and watching the sundown over the forests in the valley with all the leaves are painted in a different colour.

I vote for october.

Golden October is the best time of the year, was it and will be it. I work in a bunker 50 metres below ground level. So for my work weather is irrelevant. Then there is the work you have to invest into house and garden. For most of the work I need a few days of dry weather which is more probably in summer. Also in summer breaks you have access to kid slaves ;)

But in october, main work is done and you can relax in evening sitting on a bank in the front of the house and watching the sundown over the forests in the valley with all the leaves are painted in a different colour.

I vote for october.

It's a shame October couldn't last longer. It's a beautiful season.

• 2 weeks later...

Weather has finally been great (working wise) this week....partly sunny, light breezes and highs in the low 60's.....now if it could only stay this way forever...or at least 3-4 months

Been keeping an eye on Hurricane Matthew quite a bit for the last few days...yes I am a weather geek....at one point it was forecast to come up the East Coast and right over me :o Luckily it is now forecast to head east after brushing the Southeast states...So for any of our members in Florida up thru North Carolina....stay safe !

What really caught my eye was this satellite photo...it's an infrared pic of Matthew just south of Haitii...and it is a real pic...no photoshopping...thought it was pretty cool

post-373-0-62903500-1475748065_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

Weather has finally been great (working wise) this week....partly sunny, light breezes and highs in the low 60's.....now if it could only stay this way forever...or at least 3-4 months

Been keeping an eye on Hurricane Matthew quite a bit for the last few days...yes I am a weather geek....at one point it was forecast to come up the East Coast and right over me :o Luckily it is now forecast to head east after brushing the Southeast states...So for any of our members in Florida up thru North Carolina....stay safe !

What really caught my eye was this satellite photo...it's an infrared pic of Matthew just south of Haitii...and it is a real pic...no photoshopping...thought it was pretty cool

attachicon.gifmatthew skull.jpg

lol, c'mon ... robb...seriously...that's photo for sure!

:lol: ...or... maybe it's real and lord clown's really coming

:oooo:

gogo

This hurricane Matthew sounds really scary with FL governor's warning and Obama declaring a state of emergency. Hopefully everyone in FL and the southeast will make it out okay.

On a lighter note, and speaking of wet weather, could some of you southern states spare some of that rain for California? We are literally dying of thirst here!

• Like! 1

This hurricane Matthew sounds really scary with FL governor's warning and Obama declaring a state of emergency. Hopefully everyone in FL and the southeast will make it out okay.

On a lighter note, and speaking of wet weather, could some of you southern states spare some of that rain for California? We are literally dying of thirst here!

Poland spring needs to stop skimming from the reservoirs to then sell your water to you in bottles.

• Like! 1

Not a fan of these forty degree mornings. It still hits seventy five during the day but having to keep two sets of clothes for work is annoying.

It's been a huge daily temperature variation lately here in the South too. Except add 20 degrees overall. So it's more of 60 at night, 95 during the day.

But even though it's 95, it doesn't feel nearly as miserable as summer since the humidity's only at 50%. It actually feels much cooler compared to 95 degrees in July, when 100% humidity bowls you over as soon as you open your front door. I can see why folks in some places don't complain about summer temps in the 90's, when sweating might actually evaporate off your skin and cool you, rather than just pour out in useless streams.

• Like! 1

Not a fan of these forty degree mornings. It still hits seventy five during the day but having to keep two sets of clothes for work is annoying.

It's been a huge daily temperature variation lately here in the South too. Except add 20 degrees overall. So it's more of 60 at night, 95 during the day.

But even though it's 95, it doesn't feel nearly as miserable as summer since the humidity's only at 50%. It actually feels much cooler compared to 95 degrees in July, when 100% humidity bowls you over as soon as you open your front door. I can see why folks in some places don't complain about summer temps in the 90's, when sweating might actually evaporate off your skin and cool you, rather than just pour out in useless streams.

Yea hot days aren't that bad when there's no humidity. It doesn't get that bad in NY. Too bad it's now to cold to play ball. It's rather comfortable mid day this month. Just too cold for the ball to bounce properly.

• Like! 1

Yea hot days aren't that bad when there's no humidity. It doesn't get that bad in NY. Too bad it's now to cold to play ball. It's rather comfortable mid day this month. Just too cold for the ball to bounce properly.

Wall ball?

:)

gogo

Wall ball?

gogo

Yup. Only kind I play ?

• Like! 1

Wall ball?

gogo

Yup. Only kind I play

I ask cuz someone was chatting yesterday at work and the mnemonic hit when they mentioned "wall ball" just looked at a clip last night... intense!!! and you've been playing this for years? I can see why you dont want to waste a single day of good weather

gogo

• 5 weeks later...

The weather over here is still hovering in the forties early morning and getting to about sixty after noon. Can't do much outside anymore this year but at least I can still survive in a sweatshirt.

• Like! 1

My mom's actually down visiting from Maryland... she flew out West to see my brother's Fiance's grad ceremony for her Masters and is now here for a few days to spend time with my gramma... course the cold windy blustery weather has to make its appearance...

:oooo:

gogo

In Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa... summer is already boiling hot,

some days we have strong wind, and it helps to cool down a bit, but the next day is hot again...

Hope you guys survive the cold in the Northern Hemisphere.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

In Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa... summer is already boiling hot,

some days we have strong wind, and it helps to cool down a bit, but the next day is hot again...

Hope you guys survive the cold in the Northern Hemisphere.

Delta!

Its incredible that you have such heat with little or no recourse to cooler weather? Well, the early chill November passed quicklyl here, and we had an INSANE hot weather few days here, enough to walk a few miles with Mom, get sundry done visit gramma and relatives, and of course, eat well!

:D

gogo