Hi, everyone.

Hello to you all,

Tried to search for a 'Hello' place but couldn't find one. Been stalking this forum for a few days, far as I understand no one will scream and troll about me creating a new topic since you all seem to be helpful to the extreme :blink:

Anyway, recently bought the game after looking for new kinds of ARPG's and found this one. Can't believe I missed it before, Sacred is sacred! Still trying to figure out all the bits and pieces here and ingame. Got the Gold version, simply because I really wanted to play that dwarf! Don't really know what I'm doing yet, I'm only running around killing things and trying to get a hang of it all. Only about level 8 right now, but I'm having fun so far!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and give a big thumbs up for all the guides and help there is on this forum.

Hi Den

welcome to darkmatters :) (yet another one from this side of the ball)

moved you post into Guest Book and Introductions :blink:

helo there :)

when you're done just running around u have so much to do :) 2 campigns and online play :blink:

and gratz on the bying the game ;) wise move

have so much to do :) 2 campigns and online play :blink:

Yeah, I mostly do the running-around online. Have yet to experience playing in a party, doing the campaigns and so forth.

The more time I spend online, the more addictive it gets. I like it ^^

closed or open internet?

(sry 4 ruining you're helo thread :blink: )

I'm on open, and that's fine, I expected my hello-thread to evolve into something else, since it's all about greet then meet!

Edited by Den Delvar

Hey Den! :blink:

Welcome to Darkmatters. Make yourself home. :)

(Personal opinion: Try to play in closed network too. Much friendlier players as I saw. :) )

(Personal opinion: Try to play in closed network too. Much friendlier players as I saw. :blink: )

I'll try that! First time I logged on to open, someone started to fire arrows at my little newbie dwarf. Not HC though, so it didn't matter to me much.

Hey hey there Den Delvar and well met my friend. :)

Nice to see you found your way here. Sacred is definitely a hidden gem among games out there. Gratz on discovering it! It's a very enjoyable game for sure. My favorite ARPG. Hack and Slashing in Sacred is quite satisfying if I may say so. :blink:

So a Dwarf it is eh? They're quite fun and an excellent source of Greeeed! Dwarves are excellent for the finding of special items like Set Items and Unique Items. Using the Dwarf's Greed combat art as well as his Forge skill can greatly improve your chances of receiving special items from enemies you kill. If you haven't already seen the Sacred Wiki then by all means have a read. You can find some info about the Dwarf specifically from:

Dwarf Character Page

Dwarf Combat Arts

Dwarf Combat Runes

Set Items

Unique Items

Oh and:

General Character info

Very good idea the you're getting used to things in Soft Core. Great place to warm into the game. By all means though do come to Hard Core when you're ready. It's always nice to see new folks join in the HC servers. Oh and should you need some starter items/gold in HC then that won't be a problem at all. We've been playing the game so long that we're desparate to give stuff away in order to make space in our inventory, lol.

Welcome to DarkMatters! :)

Thank you so much for all the information, Scoth! I'm going to read through the wiki asap, it's blocked from work so I've been reading most of the guides on the forum so far. Great read!

I'll look more into the different skills. All the arts are a bit confusing for me right now, and sometimes I can't understand how things work(Like Greed goes off at the same time as my CannonBlast even though they're in two different slots and not part of a combo. Maybe Greed just works that way, I don't know but I'll guess I'll find out sooner or later!) Not even sure if Dwarf is a good novice-character, or if it matters much which class you go for as a newbie.

I'll do my best to sharpen my axe a bit before I try the HC servers!

Once again, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :blink:

Edited by Den Delvar

Welcome to Dark Matters Den Delvar.

I dont frequent the Sacred servers as much as I used to but I still try to log on once a week.

A bit of friendly advice. Forget all about the open servers. Full of cheats and people that are just plain uncool. :blink:

Try the closed servers. Make yourself a Hardcore toon and join in.

The people there are only more than willing to help a newb start out.

Though a word of warning.....once you play Hardcore any other style of playing will seem very lame :)

Hope to see you there. :)

stubbs

I'm getting more and more juiced up to try out a HC character now!

I might aswell try it out, learning the ins and outs on Soft or Hard won't be much of a difference to me right now as I'm still low level. I guess I'd actually learn more from HC since most of the good people seem to hang around those servers. Trial and error, here I come!

So, if I want to introduce myself ingame and not here or on mIRC(where I just popped in), what hours am I looking at? I'm at GMT+1, so I'd guess most american peeps would be six hours less than that? Are there people still playing? :evil:

I was just ingame for a sec, my acc name is svori I might play l8r today but after that I wont play anything at all before monday again

Oh, cool. I'm insided the 'private server' in a game called Den's den. I'll be there on/off, so if anyone sees it and wants to join, come on in and whatch a newbie in action™

It was very nice to catch you online Den. Even if for just a little while. :evil: Best of luck and much mayhem with that Dwarf of yours!