Kamikaze Sunday - Anniversary Generation!

hehe, well, with the vamp I had to melee, so I was dancing cheek to cheek with the lady. Did not feel like I was dong much damage though, but it sure was fun.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold server is up a bit early, Bravemart is open, and Schot is probably on Requiem. Whoever is still around is welcome to join, and it looks like we're going to attempt another region boss so I expect it to be the eastern desert one.

P.S. - I got that spam private message thing, so is it safe to delete it or is there a special procedure needed?

Edited by DaveO

One or two folks had characters at the voted level, so we brought in higher level toons. Schot and I got assistance in power leveling at the Sakarra demon nest, and I had a bit more action with my Dwarf who just went up to the lower 130s. I'm hoping next week will see people at the previous voted levels, but it does not help when Sacred burnout seems to be spreading. This may very well be the final Kamikaze generation. :)

Well I guess I better fess up. You see... The truth is, well... *sniff* I gots Sacred burnout! :D Oh and it was baaaaad. I'm kinda getting over it and I think Requiem helped a bit, heh. On top of that I had a bit of "poster's block". NOT a good combo. That being said I plan to continue to be a part of the Kamikaze. Honestly, how could I not. But I will be keeping my play time in Sacred to a minimum for a while so no long bouts of Kamikaze for me for a while I think. 1-2 hours will be my max for a while. So that's the somewhat sad news but I have some good as well!

Here we have our anniversary run that we did on June 1st. Not a DivX sadly but none the less a video of us taking on some dragons and some Ice Elves. I was quite under-prepaired so a big shout out to all who helped keep me alive and kicking. And screaming! :bow:

sorry for not posting sooner, lord is taking his minion er I mean youngest son on a train ride for fathers day so he wont be able to attend. I ended up taking teenager to walmart to get more aloe vera as he didnt understand why you need to put sunscreen on not just your arms and chest but your neck and face too ... he resembles a lobster just not as tasty .... and he's blitering and we ran out of antibiotic ointment. joy and rapture abounded taking a teenage boy shopping with mom *sigh* but atleast teenager and I survived.... lord and his minion have yet to arrive back home so the train must have been fun ...

Edited by Genenut

We dropped to silver to try for more players - had up to 6 but mainly 4 on the bounty hunt. 1 by 1 we had to leave, though. DaveO and I ended it all up with the goblin in Moorbrook and called it a day.

Great fun again -- as always.

and slightly off topic, but

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there, too.

The Silver server was not only to try for more players, but to get a more even playing field. There were too many toons of much higher level than voted, so it was my idea to take it down a notch. Next week should see a more balanced Gold session I hope!

Well the t storm finally passed and I started my puter back up but looks like you all cleared out by 3pm EST ....

There was some discussion about changing the entrance word and I was wondering if anything came during today's session about that? Maybe its time to start a discussion thread about this and some of the issues we had today in a members section ?

Well I guess it was only a matter of time before the issue we had today would come up. What happened is that we had two players that were suspected of Overspawning during the event and to make matters worse is that they could not speak english. While I'm not saying that it could be proven that they were overspawning what I can say is that because they could not speak english there was no way to determine what they were doing on the server or even where they were playing. They were also 40 levels above the average player level and not being able to determine where they are playing makes it dangerous for the lower level players to travel. I did try to communicate with them but to no avail.

The lesson here is that it is going to have to be a requirement that participants do speak english. There are just too many reasons and needs to communicate occasionally. That said the password will be changed for the Kamikaze. Those who come to the Kamikaze asking for the password will need to first be established as being able to communicate in english well. The way this would be done is asking a simple mundane question and see if they can answer it. Something like "Hi so-and-so, do you know where the braverock tavern is?" Or something like that. A simple attempt at communication is all that's needed really. Naturally the player must respond in the same fashion. If they don't even answer and instead insist "password?" then that won't be enough. So the days of throwing around the Kami pass freely on the server when someone asks are over I'm afraid. I much prefer that any of our participants could freely hand it out but todays complications showed us that some discretion is needed. If I'm on then I'll be happy to handle those situations promptly but if I'm not then I will trust that you all can do just as good as a job. :cry:

As for the server change that was made last week from Gold to Silver in order to prevent higher level players. This is something we might have done long ago during the early days of the Kami. Some time ago however there was a public voting on how to deal with players much over the voted for Character level. At first the Kami was run in a way that you either joined the Kami at the voted upon level or you were not allowed to enter. After the public vote it was decided that the voted upon Character level would only serve as a guide for those who planned to play together in the Kami at the same level but players at any level above would still be welcome. This is how it has been left to stand and so any level player is welcome to join in the Kami if they are able to enter the server difficulty. This actually furthers the need for english communication.

Unfortunately the Kami kinda fell apart today due to the complications but it was certainly a learning experience, lol. And it was so nice to the gang together even if for only a short time.

Cheers guys for keeping the spirit alive. :tongue:

The general consensus seems to be Gold around level 70-80. Please feel free to join once the server is up. I'm heading off to create the server, but a new password is in place due to issues that happened last week.

Hope you guys had a good time! Sorry I couldn't stay this time around but it was great to see the action that was going on. Till next weekend!

Unusual...I got the server started a bit later than usual and nobody was there before me. Oh well, come join and have some fun if you're not too partied out from July 4th or a similar holiday. :P

Please Sign In or Sign Up