Requiem Bloodymare (Open Beta)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I finally got my download and also played some. :woot:

Im on the second server with enci and around level 15 with my warrior. Not sure I picked the right class and build but so far its fun and I just started to gamble for better items and upgrads, which is so much fun btw :)

So far I enjoyed it but quests are a bit repeative, eg deliver x to y and kill x of y with little change to them. So far also its been very casual gaming - eg you can login and play 30 mins and logout and still feel you did something, much like sacred and total opposite to WoW. Apart from this its like enci mentioned alot of bugs, balance issues, broken quests and so on but havent really noticed issues so far with lag, griefing, camping etc though chat is a mess from bot spammers, racist comments and rude language in general. Players I encountered has either been very quite, rude or helpful, id say 50-50 so far compared to sacred where everyone is helpful and always nice :). This is my first F2P MMO so no clue how other games are compared.

So, come join in on the fun :woot: ... atleast try it some ;)

I'm gonna make a new toon now on the servers you guys are on, I just made level 20 last night....:).... he was SO much fun to play, oh well ... I'll drag Schot into it too...lol, he's gonna be sore he's losing his Beast...it's a good lookin one too ^^

too bad :woot:

See ya guys in game!

:woot:

gogo

p.s heh, I've done so few quests...only the first couple to get me through to level 12 I think... I'm mostly grind...dunno...I kinda like it ..mindless meditation? :)

Awesome gogo!! :woot:

So much more fun to play with friends than random pickup groups - but whom to blame for silly wipes now :woot:

Ohh, forgot to mention in my prev post that my toon name is phir ingame.

Caught up with Ganto this morning talked for a few mins the lag was so bad for me I am thinking its a ram issue I have total about 1.5 gig and its bogging me down time for a new upgrade in ram I think

Ganto, Enci, EM, looking forward to hooking up with all you guys too... And Enci, you've got a healer...AWESOME! And yeah, EM, the ram issue can be a burden. Have you tried changing all your settings down to lowest?

:P

gogo

Hey guys, just made a sticky topic for us so we can make posts when we're going on. Lucky me, muhahaha, I got a good chunk of hours here at home today... guess where I'm going right now, and guess where I'll be for the next good while.

Second server, btw...Lint something? My Shaman is now level 9, weep weep... I'll see how many levels I can get him up to today. Hoping to see you guys online... my ingame's's gogoblender

:P

gogo

I just got done mowing the lawn and I'm going to get on...I'm on the first server because I originally thought that was where everyone was going to be, but if that's not the case I will be switching to the second server...StiCkeM is my in-game name and I'm a level 16 Warrior atm

See you there,

StiCk_eM

Just to add my little shpiel...

I had never played an MMO before, but I thought hey why not give it a shot...I've actually enjoyed it a lot! I've hooked up with Schot and seen EvilMale and it's been fun! I've also just grinded away the hours and even though the community is not like Sacred...it's still a lot of fun

The game mechanics are a little confusing and the world can be quite confusing at first especially if you try and do these quests going from place to place, but you get the hang of it fairly quickly :P I'm a level 16 Warrior at the moment

So really if you are asking yourself if you should try it out...just come on in...and I don't get lag at all, but I think my 4 GB of ram helps

Come on in!

StiCk_eM

If the Llama doesn’t like to start slow, he might want to avoid the Soul Hunter and Defender. Pyromaniac Llamas with a destructive mindset would enjoy playing a Shaman or if he’s not obsessed with damage, maybe a Templar. Warriors and Rogues seem to be pretty balanced int he first levels

This game has been a fun one to learn and real fun to hook up with all of our friends from the forum here. The game mechanics are similar to most MMORPG's I have played and to be honest its kind of nice playing a mmo with gore oh well what can you say it suits my darker side lol

This game has been a fun one to learn and real fun to hook up with all of our friends from the forum here. The game mechanics are similar to most MMORPG's I have played and to be honest its kind of nice playing a mmo with gore oh well what can you say it suits my darker side lol

Ohh yes, got to love the rating ;)esrb.jpg

Here are some screenies from yesterdays session ...

ganto.jpgenci.jpggogo.jpg

From left: Me, ganto, a brutal shaman :whistle: then enci with her dual swords and finally a headless gogo :)

Adding to Ganto's pics here are some of my level 12 warrior

ScreenCapture_2008_05_28_00_35_45.jpg

ScreenCapture_2008_05_28_00_35_48.jpg

more pics of some fun stuff

ScreenCapture_2008_05_28_02_09_4-2.jpg

ScreenCapture_2008_05_28_02_10_0-2.jpg

ScreenCapture_2008_05_28_02_10_1-4.jpg

*quick tip never let them run away*

ScreenCapture_2008_05_28_02_10_1-3.jpg

Hehehehe GOT HIM!

Sorry about the language in the chat window it wasn't me lol

Edited by EvilMale

One thing I don't like is that movement/combat. It doesn't seem to flow as smoothly as it does in, say, Sacred or Guild Wars. In those two games, you can click to move somewhere, or click on a monster & it starts attacking, or you move up to it & start attacking.

You get used to it very fast...though I will say I hated it when I first started using it. NOw that I'm used to it, I like the extra abilities I get with it...strafing, jumping,...strafing is very important in this game... later on you have to face things while you're firing at them...and walking backwards while you're doing it cuts down on the distance you have tween you and the enemy because walking backwards is slower... you have to run around the toon while facing forward at it, and then firing... lol, you could say that they're asking us to be keyboard athletes :whistle:

llama, what kind of class are you playing?

Gratz on the level warrior, EM!

:)

gogo

Question...how do I find out if you guys are on are not? In GW, we had a button that would show me a list of peeps that were on my friends list... is there something like that in Requiem?

:whistle:

gogo

There's a community button on the right side of the screen, below the character, quests, skills etc buttons. Unfortunately you cant add accounts to your friends list, so you have to add every single toon of ours to every single character of yours. I really hope they are gonna fix this

remote command is /friend name

if it doesnt work try /fr et al, commands have their mysterious ways…

I totally agree enci, and you have to frequently check the friendslist to see if any of your friends are online. No message telling you when they join or leave like in sacred :whistle:

And also worth mentioning is the blocking feature to block all spammers, just type /shut <username> ,also managed in the community screen. Finally to remotly invite a user to your party its /in <username> or just use the friends list but good to know for random pickup parties :)

Yup, I don't have any screenies to add, but the game sure is fun! I was playing with EM last night and his warrior with my new soul hunter which is working out great and she's on the second server name is StiCkeM and yeah you get used to the delay pretty quickly, but sometimes its a lil annoying.

But come and join us,

StiCk_eM

Let me share a screenie my favourite mob

Remember kids, its a horror game, so cover your eyes

I give you... the evol Nis. Boo

1212038445734.jpg

I think it is a bit scary - that you think him cute :P