Requiem Bloodymare (Open Beta)

yeah that is kinda scary that enci thinks its cute but rest assured folks it too will soon meet the edge of my sword.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

this game kills me... the monsters never fail to either be uber horrific or like something out of a nintendo nightmare. And...dom dom dom ... guys I just made it to level 20...woooooooooooo

Thanks Ganto! We just did an entire level each against the liebershaels... great experience and drops

we p w n!

:D

gogo

I'll be joining right now.. if anyone is online. This better be good. Several hour download unpack and install.. ehh..

edit: allready bored. Took me 10minutes? didn't understand anything what I was doing and every creature was stronger than my character and died 3 times trying fight against different ones. No clue how attack should work, clicking on foe sometimes attacks and sometimes just stand still.

Edited by Obsession

It can be confusing at first when there is a red circle under the enemy that means you are in attack mode and if are near the creature u will strike it...you must fight creatures that are your level or just barely above because its tough early on characters are very weak but that quickly changes...if you want we could try to get together and work it out if u want...but it seems like u already gave up...haha

peace,

StiCk_eM

Also, dont forget to buy the early skills from the skill master in Kurt :) Toss them into the little numbered squares at the bottom of the screen then go crazy with them :)

Also, dont forget to buy the early skills from the skill master in Kurt :) Toss them into the little numbered squares at the bottom of the screen then go crazy with them :)

Yeah, actually thats always how I initiate a fight with both my warrior and shaman. I too had the same problems attacking so now I just tap a skill key and then im in auto combat hitting away :D

I hope you stick with it Ob. It's much more of a demanding game to play than Sacred. The number of commands it's possible to issue to our toons in combat is extensive and makes for much flexibility. Think of it as a much more athletic take on these kinds of games. And, like you, I was sort of turned off by a lot of things...but just stick it out to level 11... don't forget to get your skills...those are very important, and you only get to use them to level ten...so make sure you pick em as they'll make your levelling up much easier.

At level ten, you'll get to choose your first real skills...and then it gets REALLY good. Shamans are lots of fun with their fireballs, and templars are pretty popular because they have a great ranged electro bolt combined with some great melee skills.

:)

WAIT you can use the temperion skills to no cost to your skills you get at level 10?! I never used the temperion skills I just was hitting them pure melee the whole time I never knew that it like "resets" at level 10 and doesn't matter if you used temperion skills or not! Hmmmmmmm...I've actually taken a break and went back to Sacred today...quite enjoyable, and I actually disagree Gogo I think this game is less demanding than Sacred...it seems you are able to que your skills in this game to go off one after another and this makes it so I can be on messengers on my other computer while I play the game rather than in Sacred where I have to stop fighting completely for me to actually have a conversation on a messenger...guess it's a matter of opinion :)

But, yeah we might be able to try it out tomorrow I might give it another go, but I think playing 6+ hours a day when I first got Requiem burned me out a little but maybe I'll get back into it tonight...who knows cause I mean I am installing Sacred on my Desktop now...used to only have it on my laptop!

Regadless, if you want to party up with me I'm more than willing to help!

See ya,

StiCk_eM

Hey Stick, hope to see you online too!

What I find so interesting with combat in this game, is that if you stay behind monsters, they can't use their skills on you...much in the same way that we can't hit them if we're not facing them. By using jumps and zigzags to get at them through their sides and always positioning our toons to remain behind monsters, we can always get hits in without taking any. This strategy works especially well if you're a caster and your def isn't the greatest.

Guild Wars and Sacred were pretty much just just point and right click. If you targeted a monster, you'd just keep hacking away. Fun, yes...but skilled... *cough*

I do like Sacred and GW's system of combat when I'm into just sitting back and exploring...but when you really get down to hardcore combat using positioning strategies... so far the versatility that requiem offers is incredible.

And can you imagine this kind of fighting in pvp? :)

Insane

:)

gogo

Agreed that there are many ways you can approach a fight in Requiem...but you are still able to juts conduct the simple point and click if you like...hehe

Always being difficult,

StiCk_eM

Scheduled Maintenance Thursday 5/29/2008

The following updates will be made during this maintenance.

Client Update

* Hack Shield will be re-implemented onto the client.

Gamplay changes:

* Looting Type and Party Menus have been updated.

+ Monsters now drop boxes containing multiple items.

+ Item distribution type for partying has been updated: Dice Function :thumbsup:

+ The Pick Up function (G) now enables you to obtain all items from dropped boxes at once.

* Due to the looting type change, the Item Discard function has been changed; you now cannot drop items but permanently destroy them.

* Lant now has a drop rate just like items; the Lant gaining rate has been increased.

(The drop rate, however, is not affected by monster levels, and boss monsters.)

* Equipment Binding System has been updated. Current binding equipment items are now classified into Bind when Equipped, and Bind when Obtained. :drunkards:

* The following items equipped images and icons have been

+ Ruinhorns Ferocity Armor Set

+ Ruinhorns Heinousness Armor Set

+ Ruinhorns Shine Armor Set

+ Ruinhorns Malice Armor Set

+ Lamenting Cry Armor Set

+ Lamenting Sound Armor Set

+ Bony Hook Armor Set

+ Hook Armor Set

* The Auto-Run/Stop function has been added to Mouse Wheel Button.

* When a monster is attacking a character, the character HP and MP information are now displayed at the right side of the monster information.

* While partying in Battlefield, your HP and MP information is now displayed along with your partys.

* Movement Speed decreasing effects are now applied properly when walking backward for the effect durations.

* While you are in a trade with someone, if someone dies, the trade is now automatically canceled.

* Your corpse will not be rotated when dragging a mouse while dead.

* You can now hide without displaying reinforcement effects.

* You can now hide without leaving a selection cursor.

* Battlefield standby image is now expandable horizontally.

Quest changes:

* Quest titles that are too long to fit in Quest Journal will be shortened and display [...] at the end.

* NPCs quest menu buttons have been extended to fit to quest titles.

Bugs :

* Miscellaneous typographical errors.

* Client crash problems when opening the Trade/Auction/Mailbox menus have been corrected.

* You can now walk backward and shoot arrows with a Cross bow weapon properly by casting Sniping skill.

So, do you get the skill points that you used on the pre-level 10 skills back when you hit level 10 (or 11, or something)?

No, you lose all your skills and skills points, used or unused, when you hit lvl10, so there's no point in saving them.

You gain 3 skills point after the lvl10 job change, then one for every level.

* Equipment Binding System has been updated. Current binding equipment items are now classified into Bind when Equipped, and Bind when Obtained. :drunkards:

Arrghh ... this I dont like :thumbsup:. So enjoyed the fact that we could share any item between us and pass them down to lower toons and so on, just like sacred. This is WoW all over again with endless dungeon raids just to get that single set item you need :paladin:

Edited by ganto

How about a dungeon run for today? If there are enough mid-teen toons or higher, maybe we could give Chaste Sanctum a go this evening. :drunkards: I can provide a healer

Around 20.00 GMT?

I think I'm gonna get on right now maybe remake my cursor since shes only level 15 at the moment picked some skills I shouldn't have...hehe

I hate being a perfectionist,

StiCk_eM

Oh in Game name is StiCkeM

New character, level 6-7? still feels like runescape whit better graphics. Just not my thing. I hate the feeling it's a online multiplayer game, but still it feels more like big online single player game. Too much space where isn't really anything interesting to see.

I had an awesome, awesome time playing with all you guys yesterday! Man...where did fifteen hours go, I tell ya :hugs:

The ROL runs were simply superb, and again, D.a.r.k shows heart...is there any group in a better mood online or more generous than us?

Thanks for the great runs, everyone, and Ganto, thanks TONS for the lament gear...I'm showing em off to everyone dontcha know :blink: And, looks like Schot is now higher than level 21, by the time I get back from work tonight, we'll have a solid group and SMALL group ready to run the dungeon...and it looks like Stick is rolling with his toon as well, Stick, what Schot has found, is that the quests give HUGE amounts of experience...super easy to level up on, especially at the beginning of the game. I never woulda thought it, but Schot seems to be addicted to that method of levelling up right now.

Also..guys, I gots me beast...gots me beast... and he's got his first CA... Ground shaking ground smack...

Ka Thomp!

;)

gogo

Um I went and have it fully installed now.. even went and created my first char.. Arilaftia (Poor girl, Dont know HOW that armor will protect her :drinks: ) Let me know when you guys are going in, Id like to tag along. :drunkards: may be show me the ropes a bit?

Some screnshots from the Ruins of Lament runs:

me, ganto and gogo at the entrance

20080603084156rol.jpg

and some action pics

ScreenCapture_2008_06_02_22_29_51.jpg ScreenCapture_2008_06_02_22_48_21.jpg ScreenCapture_2008_06_02_22_48_22.jpg ScreenCapture_2008_06_02_23_49_24.jpg ScreenCapture_2008_06_02_23_49_28.jpg

We still need a lot more set pieces, I dare not think about how many more runs it means. But if all goes well, Wednesday's exam will be the last one, so finally I wont be half asleep when you guys join in at least :)

Does that include the quests you can buy?

They give some XP, but they are generally better for making some money. Still worth doing. If you have to grind, you might as well can get paid for it ;) And killing nightmare mobs is always fun

Um I went and have it fully installed now.. even went and created my first char.. Arilaftia (Poor girl, Dont know HOW that armor will protect her wink.gif ) Let me know when you guys are going in, Id like to tag along. blush2.gif may be show me the ropes a bit?

My theory is that we seduce the mobs so we dont need the protection. Same applies for male Kruxenas :drunkards:

Im thinking of trying another melee character, Im not really happy with playing a rogue. I'll be down to lower levels in a few days. But tanking on high heels? :drinks:

Edited by enci
Um I went and have it fully installed now.. even went and created my first char.. Arilaftia (Poor girl, Dont know HOW that armor will protect her ;) ) Let me know when you guys are going in, Id like to tag along. :drunkards: may be show me the ropes a bit?

Yay :drinks: Awesome ari, cant wait to party with you again ! Im gonna roll a templar this time I think :)

Ohh, and great screenshots enci!! ;)

OOooh question.. is there in game voice? nevermind the What class do I play? Where do I go to meet up with you guys .. um I know from what I saw last night.. I could do the usual run and turn thing.. haha