Requiem Bloodymare (Open Beta)

OOooh question.. is there in game voice? nevermind the What class do I play? Where do I go to meet up with you guys .. um I know from what I saw last night.. I could do the usual run and turn thing.. haha

No ingame voice, atleast that I know of. Same with cute bunnies and whips - none! :cool:

Friend system is a bit silly as the user you want to add to your list must be online else you get an error - same error as typos actually and names are case sensitive. To add a friend ust the community tab or type /friend <username> . To send a whisper just type /w <username> <msg> and to reply just press R.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enci, the pics look awesome!

Remember me to hire you for the next set of family portrait pics :)

Ari, glad seeing you on board... quest along as best as you can, the points you get for that are stellar. I'm hoping this game can take us all through till Sacred 2... I know I'm suffering a bit of a burnout from Sacred, and I can imagine others are as well. There's a mighty chunk of new goodies in this game, and it's got a good bit to offer.

:)

gogo

I must show off with my brand new and full set of Lamenting Sound ;)

18333844748.jpg

18334532216.jpg

and also found this in my screenshots folder:

ganto with his friends (I counted 9 of them) :cool:

18333248641.jpg

gotta love the trains

18333248641.jpg

gotta love the trains

Haha ... it could be anyone :) .... but no it was me.

What the screenshot doesnt show though is that I stopped and singlehanded defeated every mob!! :P:D

Edited by ganto

FYI, I'm going to be on holiday from Saturday (7th) till the following Saturday (14th), but may not be online much on the 14th or 15th (Teddy's 2nd birthday party).

Ari!

Add me to your friends list... gogoblender2... me and Schot, as soon as I finish with the posts here, will get onto the servers and keep levelling with my toon. You can join up as well!

:drunkards:

gogo

p.s. hurry up and join us Erling...we need TANKS :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

List of changes since the beta:

Level Cap Raised

• The level cap has been increased from Level 59 to Level 69. - New Items for Highest Level User

• New items for level 60 to 69 have been added including new armor sets.

New Maps

North Hammerine Wood

• The North Hammerine Wood was once a lush and flourishing forest. Now trees contaminated by the Thanatos Tragedy have overtaken the North Hammerine Wood, reducing the region into a wasteland of monsters and endless flames.

• North Hammerine Wood is designed for the high-end players level 60+. And, compared to the existing fields, nightmare monsters are more rampant. In particular, the fields around the Zauber Village, where Nach’s eye exist, are on almost 24 hour-nightmare-mode. So, stay sharp and tread lightly.

New Instance Dungeon ‘Secret Lab’ in the Ancient Temple

• Secret Lab is located the deep inside the heart of the Ancient Temple in Parness. Brutal and secret experiments were conducted in the holy land of Xenon in days past, but are the Secret Lab still active

• The secret lab is designed for plays Level 40+

• Great treasure and vast amounts experience await you inside.

New Raid Monster ‘Biskra’

• Following RuinHorn, a new field raid boss monster Biskra, King of the Sea, has been spotted near the shores of South Hammerine Woods.

• A large Alliance of characters Level 60+ will be needed to defeat Biskra.

• Biskra presents an immense challenge but not without great rewards.

Raid Changes

• Raid Monster "Ruinhorn" moved to Instant Dungeon Ruinhorn Lair.

Mounts: REX

• A new means of transportation, REX, has been added. REX helps players move over long distances faster.

• REX can be obtained via quest and will be stored in your bag. It will be able to travel with you anywhere.

• REX can only be used when out of combat. If attacked while REX is activated, this can cause player to be dismounted.

• Speeds defer depending REX type.

System Changes

• Quick slot icons are stored on the Character Info

• Character select list is now in Created in order rather than level order.

• Critical Damage now applies on Skill usage if the skill hit crits.

• HP does not regenerate naturaly during combat.

• Battlefield requirements lowered from 32x32 to 24x24.

• Corrected Magic and Attack Power to display proper values

Job Change from Temperion

• Level 9 experience cap (100%) is removed.? Temperions can continue to level as non-classed to very high levels.

• Temperion Skills are gained via quest rather than purchase.

• Temperion Skills consume 90% previous MP.

• Rondel Village Talk to Temperon "DNA Manager Damon" to job change.

• Kurt Village Talk to Temperion "DNA Manager Zio" to job change.

HP does not regenerate naturaly during combat. - way to cripple the defenders even more

REX can only be used when out of combat. If attacked while REX is activated, this can cause player to be dismounted. - Fortunately it seems that it doesnt exactly work

like this, you can take a number of hits before youre automatically dismounted.

seeya on the servers guys :hugs: Lintra again?

hmmm not sure if I like that new change regarding non-regen hp during combat... I wonder if they'll be "selling' items that now allow this :hugs:

Will see you guys in servers, looking forward to some non-grind lol... see ya on Lintre...soon as I gets me new comp goin!

:hugs:

gogo

lol, what's with that headless pic :tongue: Not just you but almost everyone else I met in game said the same thing to me. First pantless, next headless...what's next ;)

And...was great seeing all you guys in game yesterday. And we're all in our teens and slowly climbing. Quests, quests, quests... only way to climb!

:cry:

gogo

lol @ first pantless now headless... Oooooh things are not looking good for you gogo, haha.

Great to be back n the action finally. Thanx for the change list enci. :tongue:

I'll be joining as soon as possible! I just got back home from a basketball tournament and I need to download the new client and will be on if not tonight then tomorrow!

Can't wait to do some more quests,

StiCk_eM

Take every quest possible, Stubbie. Quests are SO good in this game... always look for that great yellow question mark, and keep the quests all up and pinioned in your gui up at the top right, to say what you've done and haven't.

I'm at work the whole day, and I know you're in an opposite time zone...when I get back home, I can hook up with you and we can try and get quests done for you together with the gang.

The Playing now thread for Requiem is here, if you ever want to announce or know who's playing right now to the forum:

Requiem Time to Play

Cheers!

:)

gogo

I'm at work the whole day, and I know you're in an opposite time zone...when I get back home, I can hook up with you and we can try and get quests done for you together with the gang.

I'm going to need a day or two to get used to the controls before I unleash (burden) myself upon others :woot:

This game takes a bit of getting used to the combat controls.

And I seem to be having some lag issues atm.

One of the frustrating things I have found so far is the lack of quest information.

The required quest giver to collect your reward doesn't show up on the mini map till you are very close to them.

Means you have to remember where every NPC is located. :)

stubbs

Yeah when I was playing stubbs it seemed to me that Requiem is a ram intensive gave you either have to have a really good GPU or a fair amount of ram and even with 2 gig of ram I was still lagging and I also have a decent GPU but it didn't help either

Edited by EvilMale
Yeah when I was playing stubbs it seemed to me that Requiem is a ram intensive gave you either have to have a really good GPU or a fair amount of ram and even with 2 gig of ram I was still lagging and I also have a decent GPU but it didn't help either

Pent 4/3.2ghz and 2gig RAM here so its not too slack.

Not sure if its a memory or a lag issue. Sometimes the game will just not respond for a second or two.

Not a major issue yet though as the battles get tougher it might be.

Finally able to handle the controls better now that I chose "mouse movement". :)

I'm level 7 and the game is starting to hook me in now. :whistle:

My toons name is "stubbie" btw :blush:

stubbs

lol stubbs. Yaaaay. A new addict. :whistle: Sadly I get some nasty graphics lag as well. On gogo's new pc however it runs so smooth on highest settings. I think the lag for the most part is coming from the range of vision. I have all settings at lowest possible with the exception of field of vision. I still get some lag but not too bad. What I notice most is that there is quite a bit of lag when I enter the game but after 10 minutes the severity reduces. My pc is a P4 2.8/2GB ram/X800 XT PE. If you get a particularly rough bit of lag you could try pointing the camera directly at the ground to minimize the action on screen. I do that occasionally so that the graphics card won't have to render too much. :blush:

If you're getting hooked now just wait till you play with the compounding and the auction house, lol.

stubbie, add me to your friends list. Great seeing you getting the hang of it, and you chose mouse movement? Does that allow you all the controls of not having it chosen for moving your guy around?

Just got back in right now, soon as the sun goes down I'll be on for an hour or so. Yeah, heh it's hard remembering where all the guys are huh...lol, not like Sacred at all that way...but let me tell you ...when you finally do find where you're supposed to go, it feels amazing... and so rewarding.

:whistle:

gogo

Sorry for the double post. I've just merged posts from the other thread that was about download information to this one here, which is more of a general discussion for the game we have going so far.

Again, Stubbie, glad you got it goin, looking forward to seeing you in game.

:blush:

gogo

Schot.....I have just installed a X850 (given to me by a friend) so my pc is pretty much along the lines of yours so I will try using a different angle as you suggested. ;)

Also occasionally I get a black screen then it goes back to normal...weird.

The auction house and the blacksmithing and upgrading weapons side of things look a bit mind boggling atm, but I'm sure I will pick it up when my toon gets past lvl10.

That in itself could be a problem as I'm trying all different toons atm and no one is over lvl8 yet :lol:

All the character models look so cool and I haven't even decided whether to go with a male or female yet. ;)

I'll try adding everyone to my friends list tonight.

I suppose that you have to add each persons different toons name :( unlike Guild Wars where just one added nick was enough.

I'll check that out as well, because now I don't know who my main toon will be. :blush:

stubbs

EDIT:

Adding someone requires them to be online at the same time I just found out. I was able to add enci :) but thats all at this stage.

And to help make it easier for this exercise I am only going to play a toon named "stubbie" ;)

btw.....do we have a guild set up.....might make the chat thing a whole lot easier?

got my first taste of random attacking enemies tonight....Desert Goblins :whistle: gosh! trying to kill them buggers at lvl7 was pretty dumb :)

Edited by stubbie

Haha.. Reading through the first couple of pages was fun for me :D Idk, im not making fun, just commenting. Just seeing you all adjust. ( Or, rather, reading about it ) So you guys are havin fun huh? Gogo you are right that in an MMO, a good deal of what you have to work on is keyboard atheleticism ( is that what you called it?). Here is how I do MMO's:

1) Spend a little bit of time hitting every key to figure out what they do. I could just look it up, but when looking up buttons you could be overcome with the masses of what does this or that. Afterwards you may want to customize your keys to better suite your own needs. ( Ex. I like to have spacebar be either jump or attack, so I need to change it to one.)

2) Practice fighting little things while jumping and continually moving. Whether the jumping actually helps in a fight is not important, its just the getting used to using both hands for movement while also having to steal a half-second to hit moves. Like you all said, strafing is useful.

3) Form a massive party and take over the world. Jk.. but at the same time completely serious. Ill bet some of you know what I mean, teamwork is essential.

Um, anyways, im sure not many of you needed that, but hey ive got nothing better to do at the moment, and ive got a thing for MMO's.