Most Underrated Toon in Sacred

Hmm...well, if you are asking that which toon has the worst builds, the lowest def, resist, dmg, CA-s, spells, then I'd say the Seraphim.

Hehe...thats my opinion. I don't want to hurt anyone though. :P

I'd have to say that Dark Elf is under rated. If you build him right, he exceeds the capability of Gladiators. In fact the DE may be too powerful. As far as Tomi's mention of the seraphim, she really needs a horse to shine since it increases her melee capabilities far better than a specific lore ever can.

Without question the Seraphim.

She has (atleast in SP) the roughest start, and is not the easiest to excell with either. which is mainly why I atleast only play seraphim when I have loads of sparetime

Definitely the Seraphim, imo. She's very hard to start, and she's built to be competitive while using a large number of Combat Arts. I see a lot of peeps trying her out, she's good looking, in just about anything...specially a battle thong, but getting her really tweaked is tough to do. She misses a lot and you really have to get used to her using a lot of buffs...specially SOF...so that she won't miss as much. Rbol is a must with her, and learning how to use buff, cl and a damage buff, all at once, with other niceties running in the background... could only have done it with my Nostromo. But, if you're able to get her to perform, she's an amazing payback...specially with her flip. She's a natural undead killer, with her Combat Arts all set up for mostly magical damage, and is amazing to use, when specifically targetting undead in the desert. seraphim's love the desert, the heat's good for her skin, and with her Light...full magic damage quickly melts away any baddies.

:)

gogo

I would have to say that I believe the most underrated character has to be the Dwarf. He is definitately the most versatile character in the game by far and no matter what you want from a character, he provides it. Just consider all his advantages.

1) He is the only character able to take Trading Skill at level 1. :bow:

2) He is the only character able use Forging skill. :)

3) A master of unarmed combat, the only character able to hit EIGHT times in one attack (Assault CA) :)

4) He uses firearms like Dirty Harry with an attitude (Assault CA again) :mafia:

5) He can do some vicious damage with huge 2handed weapons bigger than he is, including damage to multiple targets. :D

6) He excells at short range carnage using his Flamethrower. :evil:

7) He also excells at long range combat using his cannon and is the only character able to shoot over obstacles, attacking enemies from concealment using Mortar Grenade. :explode:

8) He can set a trap in the form of a minefield that he can then lead enemies into. :bomb:

9) He also seems to take such pleasure in being a grumpy, bad-tempered little ball of concentrated violence. :viking:

10) If you don't equip any weapons, he does some mean breakdancing (try out the different CAs for different moves). :o

It's just a shame that he is denied dual wielding as well, I would love to see what he could do with twin pistols. Sigh! :guns:

Despite all his advantages, it seems he is regarded by most players mainly as a utility for trading and forging. What a waste! :sigh:

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

I would definitely agree with Gogo the Seraphim is probably the biggest underdog toon of the game. As it has been said she is the hardest to start out her ca and spell regens are awful. He movement speed slower than snot. And all around boring in lower level's. But once you get her past say 20 or 30 she really starts to shine. She can be a power house with her dmg buffs and offensive Combat Arts and spells. she really doenst need a horse to shine in meele imo it really only depends on y our build so I would disagree with the horse factor. alothough she has a lot to over come with the baddies of Ancaria. She really is a power house to take out the Un-dead so if you want to power level the heck out of her your best bet are undead caves and the deserts

Hmmmmm maybe just maybe now I want to be challenged once again and start a wonderbabe

Edited by EvilMale

Lol seems like Seraphim takes the cake then. Like the Paladin-like concept but hated her limitations and her leaning towards hybrid (I can NOT utilize hybrids at all let alone build one).

Now...who's over-rated? Sorry if I should have started another thread but felt like I was spamming...

Is this underrated or underpowered?

For underpowered I would agree on a melee seraphim (or melee Vamp in Knight form).

Underrated....hmmmm....that's more subjective...I think I'll go with a melee DE or a ranged Glad. Don't see either played that much, but both can really crank out damage.

Overrated-I'd go with EB seraphim...just from my experiences with it

Overpowered- MG Dwarf or PM DE

My MG Dwarf can one shot anything and I do mean anything in game...any dragon...any mob...if that ain't overpowered than I'm not sure what is :devil:

Impressive. Ayup, that's underrated . Knuckles, how does it handle mobs...super high defense as you pick off stuff...or do you get distance tween you and a group of baddies as you peg em off? This toon/build good in Niob too?

:woot:

gogo

I have to say MG is my favorite CA, even including all the gfx glitches and ctd's I get. It's great handling any mob. I can round up all the Sakkaras and kill them with 1 MG. Sometimes a few are outside the blast radius, so often a 2nd shot is required. But typically the regen is 2 secs or less so they're all dead fairly quickly

I've taken this build to Niob but never got to level 216. At the end of Plat/beginning of Niob you'll probably run into the damage cap. After that only Crit (and possibly WIDD-haven't tested this) will increase damage.

Typically I keep a lot of distance between me and the enemies unless I'm rounding them up. Don't do anything special for defense. No War Cry, Entrench or Dwarven Armor.

Probably the easiest thing to do is make a short video of me rounding up Sakkaras

I have to say MG is my favorite CA, even including all the gfx glitches and ctd's I get. It's great handling any mob. I can round up all the Sakkaras and kill them with 1 MG. Sometimes a few are outside the blast radius, so often a 2nd shot is required. But typically the regen is 2 secs or less so they're all dead fairly quickly

I've taken this build to Niob but never got to level 216. At the end of Plat/beginning of Niob you'll probably run into the damage cap. After that only Crit (and possibly WIDD-haven't tested this) will increase damage.

Typically I keep a lot of distance between me and the enemies unless I'm rounding them up. Don't do anything special for defense. No War Cry, Entrench or Dwarven Armor.

Probably the easiest thing to do is make a short video of me rounding up Sakkaras

If you can make a video, awesome. It would be cool seeing a dwarf throwing some muscle.

:(

gogo

suprised to see the melee seraphim as underpowered, got a nice 216 melee that only uses sof with her attack in hardcore. gogo was right, very fragile at times during development but that is her charm.

as far as my inability to build, got to rate my lvl140 gladiator due to my lack of time as one of my weakest characters.

• 2 months later...

The most underrated is definitely the seraphim, but there are builds for more popular characters that are horribly underrated.

Consider the Battle Mage, just about the only builds people play for him are Water or Fire there are a few air and earth mages out there but no where near as many

Oh and I love air mages

:thumbsup:

~Doom

• 10 months later...

My definition of underrated does not correlate with underpowered.

I would say that the most underrated character is the Dwarf. He isn't played very often.

The most underpowered character (at the start, I would say) has to be a Seraphim. She takes some finesse to play. So to all my fellow players who have taken their Seraphimas into Niobium, hats off to you. ;)

The most overpowered from the start? That's easy...the Daemon. She's obscenely OP.

@Knuckles: Hmmm, my favorite DE has always been a melee DE. His Multi-hit is godly. Cobra is nicely overpowered. Pumped up with Testosterone, boss mobs die swiftly.

• Like! 1
  • 11 years later...
On 6/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Speedoom said:

I feel personally offended, my Seraphim crushes skulls with high heels since she set foot outside of the monastery. Sure, she was a bit slow at the beginning.
For starters, she (Syncyn) went for a pair of Elightened Iron's. Last time my mage experienced what dragon scale farming can do to one's damage. It could have been easy going for a dragon slayer build with Syncyn, too. But she has her own path. Speed was never important, so as she was learning her high heels, she was walking slowly. That's alright. I recently completed The Book of Five Rings (Miyamoto Musashi, YouTube link here for the audiobook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ57Jl01aT0 ). The Master talks about two-sword fighting against multiple opponents, the last part of which is Sacred in a nutshell. So - naturally - Syncyn went for two swords. Walking slowly is part of swordfighting, no problem there. Instead Syncyn focused on finesse of swordplay.
She trained her Whirling Hit ability only a little - it's a stun mainly, and not an escape. And the best thing about it is that it does not need any level ups. The only danger for her are archers and she didn't want to waste time on studying the magical ways of Light Shield. So anytime she gets close to a mage/archer, she stuns them with incredible spins. Then they are done. Meanwhile, the rabble can come after her, she hardly feels a scratch. Stuns are great against poisonous enemies, too.
Syncyn usually uses her Attack and after a while she developed a consecutive moveset of four of these. The ancient technoque of Attack is as old as the Seraphims are, but Syncyn are destined to make the best out of it. She follows the teachings of Honey-in-Caffee, an ancient Seraphim, who vanished 2000 years prior. The two-sword fighting, each embedded with cleansing fire, is the clearest way for Seraphims to shine. The fast and accurate thrusts and cuts can defeat throngs of lawless, depraved and rotten creatures, all the while protecting her from bites and scratches with a wall of swords.
Do not mistake her ability with a sword for the Rotating Blades her heritage provides. She is a flawless master of swordplay, and that's all.
She felt a need for traps, though. While she oftenly uses her environment to her advantage, sometimes that is not enough. An example of her cleverness was when she fought the devious Sakkara Priests of Shrines Pen's. She ran for the fields of golden crops, when the land is hard to navigate and the conjured demons of the sky can block the path of her pursuers. Then she used her Enlightened Irons on the occasionally sky-diving demons, trapping them with the swords' magical ability. These creatures of Hell remained locked, both in position and movement, long enough for her to fiercely cut down the screaming priests, who went raging after her. No matter the terrain - she finds the spots of tactical advantages. As for traps, she studied the arts of conjuring pillars of Celestial Light. The ancient knowledge of Seraphims becomes more and more in-tune with the warrior as she progresses on her way. For the first time - only a tiny, little pillar appeared. But now she can conjure the mightiest pillars of Light of her era.
Yes, she could have been a priestess, one who conjures the complete might of heavenly paraphernalia, but Syncyn is for the people of Ancaria. She is one with them in her stand. And the best way for her to stand beside her beloved people is to show them the way they can walk, not the way choosen only for her kind.
The pillar tactic is useful in any situation, although once she almost got in trouble for it. She was clearing out a once-forgotten unded crypt under the capital city. When she conjured the pillar, the vampires vanished, all right, but the pillar struck through the ceiling of the room - in fact, it burned clear a hole through the town wall, which was right above the crypt. But little could she do know about it and it's not like anyone is about to storm the city, not from the outside, at least.
So while her battlemage companion is a hoarder of dragon scales, she usually goes for the occasional Enlightened Iron according her gathered knowledge. Her tactics and overall combat powers exceed beyond expectations. While her mage friend relies on agility and movement, she can stand ground in most situations. Only large pray require some serious movement, but she usually sticks close to the sides and tires her opponent.
On the last Enlightened Iron-run she gathered a formidable band of followers that consisted of at least sixteen goblin warriors, seven cutthroats, three goblin shamans and an orcish warrior. Some then joined in the pursuit, but they ultimately met the same fate as their fellow undesirable friends. She stopped. They gathered around her in a circle. The air froze for a moment, but as soon as the moment passed, they began attacking from all angles, screaming, roaring, throwing curses both magical and verbal only, shooting arrows, and the like. She leapt to the air, landed on the shoulder of two robbers with the frontal tip of her heels, then she began cutting necks and ears, thrusting eyes, all the while running and spinning around her surprised foes. She landed on the ground - seven of her enemies where already done - and she inmediately rolled, while cutting under an armpit and a leg. She kicked a goblin against another's sword, then grabbed a shaman and sliced the evil thing in half by the stomach. She leaned left and right against the deadly blows coming for her, fueled all by hatred. She blocked a few strikes, measured up her enemies, then she spinned a little and all of them where left off-balance. She was right at the throat of the big orc, slicing his neck and sliding right around him, only to use his falling weight to trap an unlucky shaman below him. Her eyes sparkled. She then used a combination of kicks, jumps, cuts and grabs to take down at least twelve of her opponents, before they started running away. She used the time perfectly - the conjured pillar of heavenly light took out at least three archers and a goblin shaman running through of it. After a while, only an old, war-hardened warrior stood I nehr way. The old man wore a torn-up mascarellian uniform. He wielded a longsword, held at throat's height, pointed at Syncyn. She jumped and flipped while cutting forward with her sword, and the old man was distracted. She thrusted through the robbers head with the pointy tip of her high heel, while holding the sword of the lowlife down, locked between both of her swords. The battle, as all things matter of life and death, was disgusting, unforgiving and deadly. But that is the way of the Seraphim. Protecting Ancaria does not come free from a price.
She is a powerful warrior. For an underrated hero I'd propose the vampiress. Most of my friend still playing Sacred don't seem to favor her. I've had troubles with her, too. Her underworld performance was a bit less than what I'd call desirable.

Great prose. You've weaved guide with enormous amounts of useful tactical information, strategy and a great story line to boot.  Marvel will soon hunt you out for one of the many story lines.  Thanks for this revisit to the screaming sakkhara's... I cant forget that amazing feeling of hearing them scream in their comical manner in the desert and you've brought back the "feel" of that Celestial Light... this was one of my first video games and the first one I played online with a community... first time I saw Celestial Light in action took my breath away.

You've done that again with this great story.

:respect:

gogo

• Appreciation 1