Who will be able to play Sacred 2?

Will your cpu be able to run Sacred 2?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will your cpu be able to run Sacred 2?

• Yes! =)
    • No =(
    • I'll do some upgrades on cpu.
    • I don't want to play it.

Hey folks! :)

The title speaks for itself. ;)

I was watching some Sacred 2 pictures, and I wondered, who will be able to run the game in his/her cpu...

Pls vote. :D

Looking forward to your answers. :woot:

(btw my answer is NO! LOL! But I wish it could...)

I''m definitely here for this. I'll have the comp ready to go about two weeks before release. Yeah it' looks like it's going to be a monster to run well... but... this is Sacred 2...

Pulling out all the stops

:woot:

gogo

Awh Tomi. But you HAVE to play Sacred 2. :woot: I'm really hoping that your no will turn into a YES!

I'll have to do some upgrading which I've already saved my money for. I'm going to wait till we are closer to a release date though. :)

My machine exceeds all the min specs so I 'theoretically' should have no probs. Now if only my settlement would come in. I got an uber alienware machine with my name all over it.

I am seriously doubting my pc's capabilities as of lately. And it is going to cost too much for me to be able to get a new one for Sacred 2 going to have 2 kiddo's in school so unfortunately I might have to bow at for Sacred 2

My current pc will not cut it so I will have to get a new one to play. :sweating:

But, beg borrow or steal.......... I will be playing, just probably not until a couple of months after the release date.

See......September is Fathers day and December has my birthday and Christmas so......... :friends3:

stubbs

Most of my Specs are well above recommended but my video card leaves much room for improvement. I'm hoping I can simply replace it with a better one. If not, my "yearly computer" will have to be a little more than normal.

Okey! So most of you need upgrades. But! Good to you! You have money, and no parents, who say: No, you can't buy a cpu for yourself!

Hopefully I can say YES also, but not 100% sure. :S

Much as I would like to be able to, mine will not run it and unless I have a long lost rich uncle about to leave me lots of money, I seriously doubt I will be able to afford to upgrade in the near future. Still I wish you all great joy of Sacred 2 when it arrives.

You guys have got me a bit scared about the release of Sacred 2 and the sordid state of my poor computer at this point. And... dom dom dom ...I've begun the fun job of doing the research for my new comp. Just gonna get a case, mother, cpu, and ram... I already have all the peripherals and will just cannibalize my old to make something that can handle Sacred 2. I'm hoping to get some decent value with by only getting what I really need, will not even use my old hard drive, and dvd drive... gonna be barebones for a while, but...I'll be able to run the game.

Podgie, keep on the lookout for second hand maybe? Timo's been so good at pointing out fantastic value with refurbished stuff...I'm sure there's something there for everyone.

:4rofl:

gogo

Just ordered new PC.. or pieces of it, have to assembly it by myself as otherwise it would be 50e extra (which is more expensive than 2gb ddr2 ram or 320gb sata2 hd I got for it). So I'm ready for new any new games, including sacred 2. More info later when I get it to work.. hopefully. Never have installed cpu on motherboard or motherboard on case, but in theory it should be easy thing to do...

I might upgrade with a new GPU, but I think I'll try giving it a go with my current second-hand one :4rofl:

And yeah, to all in need of upgrades and short in money like Podgie, I don't know how familiar you are with sites like eBay, but you can find some really good deals there. Also, here in Holland/Belgium there is a site owned by eBay called 'Marktplaats' ('Market place') where any person can put up an ad to either find or sell a product, and you can find good second hand gear for lower prices compared to buying retail. They propably have similar sites in the US/UK I guess?

Also, keep a look out for online sites selling refurbishments/RMA's. Two reasons for that:

1) Online sites are up to about 25-30% cheaper compared with normal stores;

2) The menstioned product types generally are good products with warranty, but had some problems that the company fixed.

I hope this might help you all a bit :)

Edited by Timotheus
Even tohugh it's a nice thread/poll, I'd like to add one thing.

People should know that in most games GPU power is far more important than CPU power... :devil:

And still, my GPU would be good enought for some new games (atleast on low settings), but CPU is too slow to run even some older games whitout getting low FPS. So even the best GPU won't help much if CPU is powerless. So cheap CPU and expensive GPU won't help you anymore than expensive CPU and really cheap GPU.

I'll have to do some upgrading which I've already saved my money for. I'm going to wait till we are closer to a release date though. :)

Schot, you could always, *ahem* borrow Gogo's new pc when it arrives... Or tell him that there was a horrific accident involving the uber-pc transporter & his new pc now looks like your current/old pc...

Yeah, mine should, I'll not be a happy bunny if it doesn't.

Ah yes. I'll just emm, "borrow" it. *rubs hands together evoly*

Awh who am I kidding... I totally caved and starting buying new parts, haha. I was weak! :) Too many shiny glittering techno geek toys in that pc shop had my wallet as soon as I set foot inside. Ah well. I need an upgrade anyway. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself, eh heh.

Looks like Tomi here has begun a wildfire of techno geek madness, lol.