Requiem Wipe

Alas, the wipe... how sad. And you know, in the last few days before it happened, they offered coupons for skill resets... course I jumped up and down for one, and it was sort of nice in a happy/sad kind of way, everyone all in the square all doing cartwheels, ca showoffs, and duels. Getting the new skill reset was cool, paying all over again for skills...owch... was a surprise :D

Luckily, as it turned out, I was fortunate enough to have enough gold on me, and so I actually tried something quite dif...traded out totem for the flame wave Area of Effect thingy.. and as others in the requiem forum had posted...yeah it blows. And then, I don't know what happened... it seemed liked playing when I knew the game would only last another two more days was just tedious...know what I mean?

The last few days have bee strangely empty, lol, though I have enjoyed once again making fervent posts here and all over the net, and I see Schot has taken up time with that game that Tomi has show up here on site with... it looks like Schot's addicted.

It's sort of weird, when you have an activity that you were spending so much time with is gone, and so...I'm sitting back here waiting for the true launch of the game. I'm hoping that the reduction in experience will still make the game fun. Then again, if they were hoping to populate their servers with lots of peeps at different paying tiers, I guess they'd have to sort of make sure that the kind of experience us non-payers have has to be half-decent...right?

:bow:

gogo

I totally agree gogo, the wipe was a sad moment all though expected. :D I cant wait for the real launch as I so enjoyed playing the game and I hope atleast some will continue to play.

Im currently working on a little side project for requiem to help make our builds easier, nothing major but a fun little app that im bugging enci with :) Hopefully Ill have it ready for the 19th so we can plan our shamans from level 1! :twitch:

It's sort of weird, when you have an activity that you were spending so much time with is gone, and so...I'm sitting back here waiting for the true launch of the game. I'm hoping that the reduction in experience will still make the game fun. Then again, if they were hoping to populate their servers with lots of peeps at different paying tiers, I guess they'd have to sort of make sure that the kind of experience us non-payers have has to be half-decent...right?

:twitch:

gogo

why would they? Non payers will get a taste of the game, enough for them to want more, while the xp reduction et al make levelling painful enough to want a premium account. Im preparing for loooong grinds at least. I hope Im wrong

lol, enci, you know... because of you...I'm addicted to the advantages that quests give us in in this game. It clothes, monetizes AND experiencizes us ...

I hate grind now

See what you've done!

:twitch:

gogo

Weee ...grind grind grind!! Tbh, it was a bit silly that you got to level 7 without killing a mob before - but at level 30ish it was grind hell :)

It would be nice with more quests so you didnt have to totally grind every single experience point...sigh .. it can never be as bad as sacred > 200 though :D Wish RoL runs gave better experience also :D :D ... or gates atleast gogo :)

I see Schot has taken up time with that game that Tomi has show up here on site with... it looks like Schot's addicted.

Huh wha? :D

Awh the closing of the beta was kinda sad. All that hard work leveling, compounding and saving of lant. Well the lant sure did go fast after I got my skill reset coupon. Didn't even have enough lant to spend all my skill points... :D I did however get to compare something I had been wanting to. Stealth/Ambush attack vs Crossbow/Poison Arrow. For most of my build I had been using a crossbow to start off an attack which allowed me to get some damage on a target before it could get close enough to hit me. I could get in anywhere between 300-600 damage using a crossbow+Poison Arrow. All that and with only about 23 MP spent. I found Stealth/Ambush came nowhere near as close to being effective as it only had a chance to stun and would end up costing much much more MP. So upon Launch I'll be sticking to the crossbow for sure.

Leveling will be interesting. During the OB it was a snap really. Barely any grind at all. In fact if it weren't for the broken quests I think I might have ended up grinding for maybe an hour in total up to level 34. Grinding is way less painful in a party so we'll have to try that as often as possible. :)

Oh I had a fun duel with a level 40+ player in Giont form, lol. I called a duel a duel on the Giont. It was during the time they were giving out reset coupons and so was very crowded. Both of us were right in the center of the crowd which made it very difficult to get a lock on eachother but I managed to lock on him first and immediately used a stun skill on him. Mwahaha! From there on he went down pretty fast. After which he prized me with a single word... Git! Is that a good thing? :) I had a couple other duels during the OB against Casters and boooy does my Rogues crossbow come in handy!

Oh and awesome news about that calculator you two. Looking forward to seeing that! :D

3 more days to launch. Woohoo!

After which he prized me with a single word... Git! Is that a good thing? :D

I'd rather be called a git than the one who calls someone a git.

Edit: Is it just me or does the non-torrent download of the new client want you to log in (somehow) to get a decent download speed? I couldn't work out what I should be using to log in (to the DL), so I didn't & was getting ~20-30K per sec, so it would have taken ~20 hours!

Edit: Is it just me or does the non-torrent download of the new client want you to log in (somehow) to get a decent download speed? I couldn't work out what I should be using to log in (to the DL), so I didn't & was getting ~20-30K per sec, so it would have taken ~20 hours!

I know for BETA download atleast that when with too many concurrent downloads it showed a login box and the only answer then was to try again. I gave up eventually and used the torrrent option and did so for the live version aswell.