New client to download

Hey

Not sure everyone knows but the new client is available for download so my advise is to download it asap and be ready when the flooding starts on the 19th :twitch: 2.41 GB of pure gore is waiting!

Woo Hoo...Schot said he already downloaded it...yesterday or day before? hmmmm, is that possible? So, we're just gonna use our LAN to transfer it over to my comp.

Can hardly wait!

:)

gogo

Ok gogo,

I'm going to try and download this game yet again.

I did it once before and the 2.5gig file was corrupted. That was a heck of a lot of wasted bandwidth.

But your enthusiasm for the game has inspired me to try again.

If this download doesn't work mate.....I'm sending you the bill :tongue:

stubbs

The bill is on its way mate...........the damn file was corrupted yet again. :cry:

Could you post a linky to a download site that has a good version of the client please. ;)

I really cant afford to waste any more bandwidth this month.

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

Cuz we luvs ya...how bout we try uploading the torrent to our site, then we can provide you or any others we know with the link? It's a hefty download, but we're about halfway into the month, and we've a few gigs which we can use for this. We'll have to wait till Schot is finished with the Kamikaze, and then he said he'll see if he can get it uploaded properly.

You won't save on Bandwidth, unfortunately, but, hopefully, you'll get a clean copy.

:tongue:

gogo

Cuz we luvs ya...how bout we try uploading the torrent to our site, then we can provide you or any others we know with the link? It's a hefty download, but we're about halfway into the month, and we've a few gigs which we can use for this. We'll have to wait till Schot is finished with the Kamikaze, and then he said he'll see if he can get it uploaded properly.

You won't save on Bandwidth, unfortunately, but, hopefully, you'll get a clean copy.

;)

gogo

That would be most excellent. :tongue:

Thank you.........I shall be anxiously awaiting further news :cry:

stubbs

Argh! Ok... 2.4 GB of upload seems to be very unappealing to our server and ftp client, lol. I'm afraid we won't beable to host Requiem stubbs. :D

The best I can do is suggest you do it the way I did. I used a download booster to pluck the client direct from the Requiem site and provided download by them and had 0 problems. Took about 4 hours. Average DL speed was anywhere around 60-400kbps. Mostly 300kbps.

So! Download and install Internet Download Manager. Then go to Requiem's client download page, sign in and then choose to download Full Version Download. It's the button directly across.

At this point the Internet Download Manager may have prompted you to perform the download for you. If it is offering to download "RequiemClient_20080613.zip" then choose yes.

(Faster Way)

Alternatively I do have the direct ftp link for the client download so what you could do is simply open the Internet Download Manager window after it's been installed, push the Add Url button at the top left, paste this:

"ftp://ftp.gravityus.com/RQclient/full/RequiemClient_20080613.zip" (no quotes)

Hit Ok, Start Download, minimize the window and wait. :D

I find the Internet Download Manager overly insistant on downloading anything and EVERYTHING so once you got the Requiem client I'd advise scrapping the I.D.M. I still have mine however...

Good luck and if you get stuck feel free to ask for help stubbs. :)

Thanks for all that Schot. :)

I've installed IDM and currently its downloading the Requiem client. :D

Fingers crossed that the zip file isn't corrupted like the last two were :D

will report back in about 2 hours.

stubbs

I got my fingers crossed for yeah stubbs! I believe the total file size should be 2.41GB though it may have been changed since I got mine. You'll also have a fair bit of patch updates once you get going.

See you on the servers soon I hope. :)