Requiem Bloodymare Skill Calculator

ganto

Here is my go at a skill calculator for Requiem :) Feel free to comment.

th_ifranview.jpg

Current version: 0.6 BETA

Supported browser: FireFox and IE

Try it out here: http://web.axelero.hu/hajduhajnal/requiem/

Download source and run locally: Here

License: GNU Lesser General Public License and the GNU Free Documentation License for the wiki data.

Roadmap for version 1.0 (if I ever get there :badbad: )

• Printer friendly view
  • Summery view
  • Include all classes
  • More meta data for each skill

Beta notes

• Only defender, shaman and templar added
  • Data is from Open Beta.
  • Design not final - eg tooltips headers etc
  • No errorhandling
  • No help texts

Quick rundown on how it works:

1. Select the desired class in the combobox

2. Either add a skill with all levels using the skill combobox or individualy click on a level to add/remove single skills.

3. When done copy the generated link to favorites or store it in a text file (or why not post it here) to save it for later use.

Credits goes to enci for testing, ideas and doing some photoshop magic :( All data taken from the Requiem Wiki

History:

Version 0.6 BETA

* Added defender class (creds to enci)

* Fixed initial free skills bug where extra awakening skill were missing

* Redid the confusing skill info so now it displays free and available skills only.

* Fixed proper display of mastery errors.

Read older changes here

Edited by ganto

Oh wow. Awesome work you guys! That just totally rocks and very exciting to see. Awesome project ganto and enci. If there is anyway I can help please don't hesitate to ask. Granted I've never used html in that way but it sure would be a fun learning experience. :badbad:

lol @ subtitle

Ty schot and we need all help we can get :D Added source to the downloads so feel free to download and mess around with it.

All areas needs improvement be it design or codeing so you can pick what ever you want. Design is the area where I fail totally ...hint hint :) . When it comes to code im now trying to seperate the concerns, eg cleanup, using Model View Control (MVC) pattern. The HTML is also just a mess and there I need to cleanup the styles. Haha..the list just goes on so ill stop :)

Oh that's going to be fun to tinker with. My god there's so many scripts. :hugs: I guess this is a great opportunity to get to know javascript. I've quite the lack of knowledge in that area sadly but this could really help me to learn some.

First thing I notice however is that I can't select any char class at all. I do have FF3 installed so I'm wondering if this is not compatable with FF3.

As for design I could certainly imagine a few touchups here and there. I'll play around with it on my pc and see what can be found.

Is there a site you are using that offers tutorials or help of any kind on building an app like this ganto?

Your right schot, doesnt work on ff3 :hugs: . I was using ff2 but upgraded now so im on it.

Awesome schot! There are some nice tutorials I can recommend aswell as a reference site I use. Ill compile a list and post it here. But most important is a good IDE I think. I use IntelliJ, commercial though, because thats what I use normally when I program. I dont normally use javascript so cant really recommend a good free one.

Whoo cool. Teach me yer 1337 ski!z. :hugs:

I've gone ahead and downloaded the free Aptana Studio 1.1. I haven't the faintest clue what to do with it so I guess I'll just go and push lots of buttons. :)

Yeah that FF3 might complicate things a bit eh. :hugs: But where there is a will there is a way I like to say. I did try to load the Calc' into explorer just to see what would happen and it gave me an error stating that a character class has not been defined so I'll be looking at the class scripting.

This is fun already. d_nerd.gif

Great, I got the ff3 issue solved now - so in version 0.56 FireFox 3 should work properly :hugs: Just download the latest source.

And here is the site http://www.w3schools.com I can recommend the most for both reference and tutorials with Javascript, DOM, HTML etc. Also to get some understanding on all my script files read up on MVC pattern here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-view-controller

Cant wait to see what you come up with :hugs: - and awesome if you make it work for IE, crossbroswer support are the worst, silly writing the same code multiple times :)

Oh, btw, remember that everything is cached locally, so every change done to a js file requires a complete refresh in the browser, same goes for the xml files and css files. (thats why I keep the css in the html file for now so I can do changes easily).

Edited by ganto
Wow

Enci, Ganto, you guys are genii! (notice the plural...was waiting a while to use that :4rofl:) The skin was awesome.

:)

gogo

:thumbsup: ganto’s doing all the work, I just added data and keep bugging him with requests

ps

I thought genii lived in lamps :oooo:

Edited by enci
Wow

Enci, Ganto, you guys are genii! (notice the plural...was waiting a while to use that :oooo: ) The skin was awesome.

gogo

:4rofl: ganto's doing all the work, I just added data and keep bugging him with requests

ps

I thought genii lived in lamps :)

She is beeing modest ;) - without encis help I would have given up after the fist 10 lines of code :thumbsup:

As a duo, you guys are great. And..dom dom dom dom... I Digged this thread yesterday morning, and as you can already see by the number of views this thread has received, it looks like your calculator is already being read...You've probably made a a lof of happy fans out there, be on guard for peeps throwing flowers and thanks at you both in game.

The work actually on this calculator took me by surprise. The quality of the skinning is outstanding. I took a pic of it and placed it in the first post. Once you guys are perfectly happy with your work, we can even host the calculator here on this site if you want, the bandwidth will be better, and you'll be able to get more uses to users.

:D

gogo

Ty gogo, and why didnt I think of posting a screenshot :) And about the hosting that would be great, especially when its stable and more complete.

Hopefully some find it useful, but haha... I rather have them throw lant or rare items at me than flowers though :4rofl:

lol, well, everyone's starting off just now...you'll have to wait a few more days before those flowers turn into lant

gogo

p.s. btw, the digg did really well for google...just google requiem skill calculator and see what you get now...it's number one on google. Nice work you too.

Thanx for that info ganto. That will help me a great deal! Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it work yet on my FF3 but I finally got to see it in all it's glory on gogo's pc the other day. It's awesome! Really well done you both! lant and rares for ganto and a bunny suit for enci, lol.

Hosting it will be no problem at all though my coding in this department of javascript might be ummmm. Lacking? I do want to try though. :tongue:

Thanx for that info ganto. That will help me a great deal! Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it work yet on my FF3 but I finally got to see it in all it's glory on gogo's pc the other day. It's awesome! Really well done you both! lant and rares for ganto and a bunny suit for enci, lol.

Hosting it will be no problem at all though my coding in this department of javascript might be ummmm. Lacking? I do want to try though. :)

Great schot!! And I promise once you get started its easy enough, and dont hesitate to ask away any question you might have. A starter tip is to comment out big parts of the code and just focus on a small area first; like reading the xml file for IE. And finally ill try to comment my code better to make it easier to read :)

About your FF3 issues, could you check the errorlog for me, have swedish version so no clue what its called, but CTRL+SHIFT+J opens it for me in firefox. Any error that occur will be logged there.

lol @ the bunny suit :D :D

Well I tried out my Aptana IDE and ran the calculator through it. Wow! I was sooo confused, lol. Sure are a lot of buttons to push. :D I got a bit of an understanding of it and even resolved some warnings. Woohoo. I found that in the index.html there are occasional / / . I'm not sure but I'm guessing that maybe this is to indicate a comment in some script language. For myself I just deleted the entries to see if they would resolve but for CSS commenting would be:

/*

Comment

*/

and HTML it would be:

<!--"

Comment

"-->

I'm gonna try those out next.

The error I got using your handy CTRL + SHIFT + J trick is:

Error: Permission denied to call method Element.getElementsByTagName

Source File: http://web.axelero.hu/hajduhajnal/requiem/...ntityFactory.js

Line: 14

Even took some pictures for you to click on. :D

th_REQ_CALC_errors_FF3.jpg th_REQ_CALC_in_FF3.jpg

Thanx again for your tips code master ganto! :)

Well I tried out my Aptana IDE and ran the calculator through it. Wow! I was sooo confused, lol. Sure are a lot of buttons to push. :guns: I got a bit of an understanding of it and even resolved some warnings. Woohoo. I found that in the index.html there are occasional / / . I'm not sure but I'm guessing that maybe this is to indicate a comment in some script language. For myself I just deleted the entries to see if they would resolve but for CSS commenting would be:

/*

Comment

*/

and HTML it would be:

I'm gonna try those out next.

The error I got using your handy CTRL + SHIFT + J trick is:

Error: Permission denied to call method Element.getElementsByTagName

Source File: http://web.axelero.hu/hajduhajnal/requiem/...ntityFactory.js

Line: 14

Even took some pictures for you to click on. :evil:

th_REQ_CALC_errors_FF3.jpg th_REQ_CALC_in_FF3.jpg

Thanx again for your tips code master ganto! :woot:

Ty, not sure why I don't get that error but its easily fixed now once I know where and why the error occurs :D And yes :) ... lots of cleaning to do, especially in the html file as its just a mess. Reason I used the // is that my IDE displays that as comment also (from java) and so much easier to quickly type when you just want to test things like changing styles etc ..lol ..I know... shortcuts/quick hacks are never good ;) The whole style section shold be reworked, eg create proper CSS styles for everything and move to a seperate css file. Coding is just so much more fun though but its on the list ..haha.

Edit: Issue resolved in version 0.57 Beta

Edited by ganto

ganto... You's a genius! Works like magic now and it's soooo cool to see. Can you tell me what you changed though. I'd love to know how you fixed. Maybe will help me to grasp javascript. :hugs:

I was playing around with it a bit to adjust the background to fit the entire screen at all times which seemed to work well. I think I could transfer the css to external without too much fuss. I'll update the files I have on my pc to reflect the changes you made and then do some css edits. See what can be done. I'll try uploading it to somewhere on FDM and develope a page for it built into the forum somehow as well. I've not made a custom page within the forum before but it is something I've been wanting to do for things like the Roster.

Wish me luck!

ganto... You's a genius! Works like magic now and it's soooo cool to see. Can you tell me what you changed though. I'd love to know how you fixed. Maybe will help me to grasp javascript. :)

I was playing around with it a bit to adjust the background to fit the entire screen at all times which seemed to work well. I think I could transfer the css to external without too much fuss. I'll update the files I have on my pc to reflect the changes you made and then do some css edits. See what can be done. I'll try uploading it to somewhere on FDM and develope a page for it built into the forum somehow as well. I've not made a custom page within the forum before but it is something I've been wanting to do for things like the Roster.

Wish me luck!

Finally schot :hugs:

I had to change how I read the XML files in the factory class, parseXMLData, that was what caused the error. Not sure why FF complained as you should only get that error when reading data from cross domain as its a security feature.

Also a new version, 0.58, where I played with the styles some, I hope that doesnt effect your changes to much so we can merge it easily. Gonna see if we can use sourceforge as version control also.