Sacred 2 Kill Counter Quests would rock

Hey guys

It would rock.

I've become insanely addicted to kill quest counters in Requiem Bloodymare. They have completely transformed my penchant for grinding into something very interesting. In Requiem towns, you can go to agents. Each of these agents offers to sell you quests. They each have a number of quests, all for differeing levels. You purchase the quest, it lands in your inventory, whereafter you click upon it. Clicking on it adds it to your lists of quests that must be completed.

Kill Count Quests, in this case, then say get five (It can be any number) of such and such a thing, and if you come back to me, you get x amount of experience, plus an item. What's awesome is you can have a number of these running at once. And let's say you have different quests from different levels all being combined, while you're in an area killing specific beasties, they add to your running tally. When you go back to the agent...Bingo... you get your good stuff!

Playing Requiem, now has gotten much deeper with the Kill Count Quests. For example, certain bad guys only make their appearance at certain times of day... so you find yourself running to beat the clock to get to areas where you can have as many of your kill counts done, and then hoping to get to another area where new beasties will spawn depending on the time of day.

Simply genius.

In fact, I've become so used to the idea now of only having to kill for pay, that having to kill anything for the simple sake of getting experience has begun to look more and more dreary. Why kill anything unless there's a reason for it? Yes, killing things without a quest running in the background gets you the experience and the drop. But doing it at the same time while accomplishing something as well , as all the reasons of simply grinding add a layer of depth to the game which Sacred never had for me.

The Kill Counter Quests are diverse, take you all over the map, and...when you team up with someone you get the added benefit of any kill made by any member of your party being added to your own personal kill count. Really genius! Kill Count Quests, are another layer of the very well thought out questing being seein in Requiem. While there are main line quests that advance your character along a story line...the extra value added by Kill Count Quests, adds a timing factor, community skills, and overall good map knowledge to the game which has greatly made me appreciate how quests, in this way, can become a regular part of the growing up of a character. In Sacred, right now, Kill Counter Quests are not common things. Why not give players tons of these kinds of quests, which they can choose from at their leisure, while affixing higher price values what the agents charge as the level and rewards of the quests increase?

As well...the value of Kill Counter Quests in Requiem, is much enhanced by us being able to click on any quests are incomplete or in the process of being done...and then have them appear in a semi-transparent checklist at the top right of our screen. What this does is give you instant satisfaction as you kill monsters...you actually see your kill count tally increase, and when the count is done, you yell hey ho...and run to the new area where another one of your quests has the monsters you need to bag your prize.

I've enjoyed this so much in Requiem, and it's become the biggest reason for me now to keep playing this game while awaiting the release of Sacred 2. Requiem was the biggest eye-opener for me regarding the importance of quests in a game, and I'm hoping that Sacred 2's questing system will have it's depth and funness.

:)

gogo

That would rock. Sacred does have a number of those quests but they're just not rewarding enough. In fact I'm pretty sure there are enough quests in Sacred to carry you through a long time and keep you busy. It just comes down to the rewards pretty much.

Requiem has also changed my perspective on questing. Requiem seems to have put a fresh spin on questing so as to be a sort of quest grinding game rather than what I've always experienced to be in other games a grind only system. Having a quest require you to grind an allotted number of enemies feels soo much better than grinding. You have a goal in mind. That goal is not too much work to attain and you get a nice little counter showing progress. The best part being that in Requiem you KNOW you're going to be well treated with a reward. That's what it's really all about I think. If the reward is crap then why would we bother with them. More to that is that if rewards are crap and nobody bothers with them then it is a failed game design I would think. All the effort that went into building hundreds of quests amounts to wasted energy and resources if no one wants to play them or feels any benefit from doing them.

Give us our just deserts I say! :tongue:

I would agree it does add a new twist to grinding but a lot of other MMO's have these style of quests it seems to be increasing in popularity. With the dev's of mmorpg's and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if Sacred 2 had some quests like this. All we can do is hope and pray for the best as the dev's have said this will completely bow the original sacred out of the water.

I think it's the fact that the items you get, if you're sticking mostly to quests all come in order to form a good quality armor. Questing has become sensible, something which, in Sacred, never felt like to me. I felt like I was really completing parts of the picture but on so many levels.

Needless to say... can hardly wait to see how Sacred 2 is set up..if it's anything like Requiem, it's going to be awesome.

:hugs:

gogo