Diablo 3 to be released!

image7.png

Yep theres going to be a No three as well :P

Just look at this... Woo Hoo :P

ss36.jpg

map.gif

Blizzard even got a nice looking website up and running with a lot more "stuff" on it

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! :P

Does this mean WOW numbers are going down?

Or they have gone so up that now they can spend money on Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3! :P

Awwh come on. This is just another rumor. Someone threw together a lil video and some cheapy website. Just a hoax as always. Move along everyone. :P

Just kidding! :P Really cool to see Blizzard is finally giving in to the demand. I wonder if they will manage to set a new standard of gaming. Again! Blizzard has always been at the forefront of game development ingenuity. So I'm very curious to see what they will do with Diablo 3!

I'm not impressed so far, and there does not seem to be much wow factor to the game. That could change in the 3-5 years this game will take to be released... :P

:twitch: @stubbs

anyway you can DL a nice video here (350 MB) both gameplay and a bit of "introduction" story telling :oooo:

VLC is one of the many players that can show this video :D

Oh look, D3, that is a surprise!

Gogo, D3's not going to be out for ages, I wouldn't worry about it impacting on Sacred 2 much (unless you're waiting to buy Sacred 2 Gold :twitch:).

I doubt the WoW figures are dropping, they're trying to cover as many different genres & player-types as possible to maximise revenue. They've got MMOs sown up with WoW, RTS' with StarCraft & now (well, in a few years) aRPGs with D3.

Will I buy Sacred 2 as soon as it hit's the shops? Absolutely, will I buy D3? Probably (eventually). Hell, I'd be surprised if some Sacred 2 devs don't buy D3. Can you like both? Yes, I think you can.

Oh killer I will definitely buy D3 heck I have all of them right now so yeah I will admit it I am a big time fan of BLIZZ

p.s. says in weak voice "go Sacred 2" :oooo:[/color]

Sorry Gogo Sacred 2 will have no chance against Diablo3. Diablo3 will be so much better. On the other hand S3 will probably be fighting neck to neck with Diablo3 because rumor has it they will come out at the same time. :twitch:

This is really bad news for Sacred 2, when ever it's released. That game looks really good and sounds really good. Allmost must have game.. maybe even pre-order. Even the site looks really good, they must have spend lot of time doing it and not just put up some half empty page like sacred 2 site was when launched. Graphics are updated d2 style and that is a good thing. Also noticed many other stuff from d2 in that ingame video. Haven't had this good feeling about game for a long time. Let's see how long does it take for them to get it on stores.

Even the site looks really good, they must have spend lot of time doing it and not just put up some half empty page like sacred 2 site was when launched.

Yeah, site looks very nice.

(and as I thought, Barbarian is back)

But I don't think this game will be relased soon... and I don't think it won't be expensive.

*sigh* Blizzard is blizzard.

Woo! Diablo III!!

Course, it's not going affect Sacred 2, for me anyway :)

And why, oh why, did they have to bring back the barbarian of all the stupid characters... Oh well I hope they have a sort of combination of the sorceror and necromancer and druid all mixed up... or at least a sorceror....

:hugs:

~Doom

This is really bad news for Sacred 2, when ever it's released. That game looks really good and sounds really good. Allmost must have game.. maybe even pre-order. Even the site looks really good, they must have spend lot of time doing it and not just put up some half empty page like sacred 2 site was when launched. Graphics are updated d2 style and that is a good thing. Also noticed many other stuff from d2 in that ingame video. Haven't had this good feeling about game for a long time. Let's see how long does it take for them to get it on stores.

Not necessarily, one possibility (and granted, it's quite a positivist one) is that all the advertising & the inevitable wait will get aRPG gamers all worked up & they won't be able to play D3, so they'll either go back to D2 or look for alternatives (Sacred 2).

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a post together here with ten action trailers from Diablo 3 showing off all their new Combat Arts.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=8081&hl=

While watching them all, I found myself again drawn into the fascination I have for the complexities of sound. It looks like Diablo has definitely got some of the most intriguing, squishy, satisfying sounds out there. This is the kind of sound I want. The kind of sound that makes you want to hit things over and over again just so that you can get that visceral "thump' of beating out a baddies innards. :whip: Yes, it may should a bit too honest, but I'm sure their devs asked themselves over and over again, whether what they've created satisfies human gamers in a primal way.

I'm particularly fond of the distortion effect that happens when the Gladiator uses his special moves. I was quite surprised that a Glad, usually the toon I least like to play, was actually made to look enticing.... did you guys check out the Barbarian Whirlwind move?

Incredible

:)

gogo

Honestly I haven't been that impressed thus far! And I don't think that D3 will amount to what D2 ever was...these are different people creating the game...

Yes it looks nice, but I'd say Sacred 2 looks even sleeker...I know its early, but still this honestly looks like what Blizzard is doing for a few of their games...graphics update...not a whole lotta new content really just the same thing with better graphics!

People will still love it though I'm sure because its Blizzard and Blizzard makes great games I'm a fan of all of em, but I'm not impressed with what they have done thus far and yes I've watched all the gameplay videos there are, but I do like the Barbarian affects when he did his Skills or CAs or w/e they are called in Diablo lol

Wait and see is all I can say,

But, you'll prob find me playing Sacred 2 and maybe MAYBE buying D3 as an afterthought when it FINALLY comes out or when the price will go down,

StiCk_eM

I think that from the looks of the vids I've (which are showing a very limited amount of gameplay & with the player classes totally overpowered) that the gameplay reminds me of arcade games, not necessarily in a bad way, but not quite as "deep" as Sacred. Still, I'll definitely try the demo.

I agree with you llama. I think the game is looking kinda arcadish. The first thing I thought was that it would be nowhere near the kind of depth that Sacred 2 is hoping to offer. Diablo 2 is sticking to isometric.... ugh, don't know if I can hang with that for a while...but I know it'll be the thing to pick up when it's released, and it's definitely on my list.

:drinks:

gogo

Ref: FAQ

Will players be able to choose the gender of their character, regardless of class?

Yes. Players will be able to create male and female characters for all five classes.

It would be nice if other games allowed this.

Edited by Spock