Diablo 3 to be released!

Glad hearing some good news with your experience with this game now, loox like the servers are getting better? DB, if you can get this game that cheap, GET IT! This is the kind of game you can easily turn on for 15 -20 minutes of kill time and fill good after...it's not wholly team oriented as guild wars is, and they really have the visceral satisfaction down perfect.

Schot just got the game last night, he loves Diablo 3 too, and was happy his playing experience was very much better than with Beta, which he didn't like that much. I'll be getting the game this weekend, Shadout, how do toons differentiate themselves from each other...is it only be equipment?

Looks like we have a winner for us with this game!

:dance:

gogo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, I'm so jealous and thrilled! Schot said he tried to jump into HC right away, but you have to get to level 10 first in SC before being allowed in... just one more work shift, have to help build a patio with aunt and uncle, then do Diablo 3 with an extra day off this weekend, save some baddies for me!

:)

gogo

Characters aren't different from each other in any way really. Items are different of courses, but there is nothing permanent or even semi-permanent.

Regarding HC, I guess Blizzard was right with their "You will die" ad. Unfortunately there are quite a lot of "unavoidable instant death" stuff in the game right now - at least it seems like that. Such as losing control of your character, and getting dragged into an instant-kill "zone of death" on the ground.

Hopefully Blizzard will look at it in patches soon. Otherwise Hardcore might feel a bit crappy in the long run.

There are lots of challenges which are avoidable if you play very well however, which makes it very interesting and fun to try and survive. It requires a lot more movability and awareness of your surroundings compared to Sacred 2 imo. And a ton of great gear :)

Edited by Shadout

I didnt die in most of Normal as far as I remember, but I have probably died 100+ times since.

Of course I'm not playing as careful as a HC char would, but even if I went full defensive spec and playstyle and gear I cant imagine surviving some of the stuff that is happening in Hell dificulty.

Edited by Shadout

Is there any chance we can make a Time to Play thread for Diablo just like the Sacred 2 one? I think that would help players connect and find each other more easily in-game :)

Is there any chance we can make a Time to Play thread for Diablo just like the Sacred 2 one? I think that would help players connect and find each other more easily in-game :)

Done!

Tradition ain't goin nowhere!

gogo

I had planned to give all 5 classes a go, but am enjoying the DH so much that I'm sticking with her for the moment.

I think when I have completed the normal level and am more confident in my play, then I'll give the other classes a quick go. Probably just for a bit of fun though, before continueing with my DH.

I really am enjoying playing that class and the game as a whole.

Steve. :thumbsup:

Am I doing something wrong or is the difficulty just REALLY weird in this game? I find areas that are fairly easy to grind through and take the damage and heal in a little bit, but every couple minutes there's an encounter with monsters that can take me out in 4 hits. And this is in normal with a barb :sweating: ! The game just doesn't seem very balanced for me, but is it because I'm not playing right? Or has anyone else had this feeling?

It all depends on the enemy. Unlike Sacred the Champions ARE champions...not just slightly better versions of regular types. Many come with unique abilities. And then you have the unique yellow champs.Having 2-4 blues and a yellow saying 'hello' at the same time can be very tough. All I can say is for a Barb, stun should be your first skill used in any encounter with a blue or yellow enemy. Several of them have stun or knockback capabilities so you need to prevent them from spamming it on you as soon as possible.

Am I doing something wrong or is the difficulty just REALLY weird in this game? I find areas that are fairly easy to grind through and take the damage and heal in a little bit, but every couple minutes there's an encounter with monsters that can take me out in 4 hits. And this is in normal with a barb :sweating: ! The game just doesn't seem very balanced for me, but is it because I'm not playing right? Or has anyone else had this feeling?

Yes, Diablo 3 HC is VERY tough! I've found myself playing so defensively, though I find the first fifteen levels very easy now...it's all about equipment, and after making that run about 6 times :4rofl: I'm starting to really know almost every corner of the game because of the deaths :P

Cool thing is, I have a routine, and I have put away cool equipment that I use at the beginning of the "run" For Demon Hunter, best low level set of pistols instantly makes the game almost easy, and I can run it through this well. It was amazing that SC toon going with you, and later on, I got to meet up with kriv and zodiac, and as of yesterday, even Lujate has joined up too!

With Knuckles on the stun routines. For bosses and difficult ares, stun stun or slow then stun ^^

:

gogo

Indeed, the elite fiends are really nasty in this game, especially those with life leech and the arcane "sentry" that swirls around, and good that is as a challenge is always neat.

Yeah, it has been suggested that hc should be avoided for now, because this lack of balance will kill you sooner or later :bomb:

I've been happily ignoring the suggestion, and my death toll has been three toons so far :tomato:

Yeah, It feels like some areas and enemies of HC are not balanced yet, I'm waiting for this to be patched up, but, like you antitrust, I'm ignoring warnings, hc is just to dang fun!

:cow_white:

gogo

Hit level 59 hc now-> survived a routercrash @Zol kutal...lol

I think it would be almost impossible to play HC in D3 for any length of time without being in a party.

Did you get to level 59 solo Chrona?

I think it would be almost impossible to play HC in D3 for any length of time without being in a party.

Did you get to level 59 solo Chrona?

yes, most of the time solo

9mhnoy3n7u.jpg

u1gtaa758q3t.jpg

Was wondering where you were?! lol, should have known you were out breaking records for this game just like in Sacred 2.

Really nice work Chrona, I'm inspired to get my HC toon up going well as well.

Any tips? And is this your only toon, or were there other witch doctors before?

gogo

Any tips? And is this your only toon, or were there other witch doctors before?

I lost a level 24 wd @Belial

I've a co-op wd @level 38

solo with templar is really easy, stack vit + int

don't craft, look for cheap items @ah

I switched from 1h/mojo to a 2h-weapon and raise my dmg from 3k->6k

Playtime level 1-60: 58h

don't craft, look for cheap items @ah

That's what I like too! Crafting doesn't make any sense, AH has great equipment coming from more advanced players... in a way they feed us ... and it's a way to finally get good equipment at our levels.

Love Auction House, and am always looking for deals.

gogo