Diablo 3 to be released!

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I'm behind the times, but I was just looking through this site :-Diablo 3 and I see that there is a chance that we will be able to choose the gender of each class ! That's the first I knew of it.

Was that available on the beta weekend ?

Will there be another beta weekend, or will I have to wait till release now to get any playing in ?

Steve. :)

Yup you could choose gender in the beta...

I'm sure there will be no more beta's as the release is 2 weeks away

Thanks for the reply mate.

I guess that makes sense as it's so close to the release, silly me !

Looking forward, after so long, to the D3 release.

Only two things are, that I'm not sure how much game time I have these days, and with a slow broadband how well the game will run, especially as many, many people will be trying to play on the servers at the same time. Bit concerned that I'll spend my short periods of time just trying to get connected.

Steve.

Yup you could choose gender in the beta...

I'm sure there will be no more beta's as the release is 2 weeks away

Thanks for the reply mate.

I guess that makes sense as it's so close to the release, silly me !

Looking forward, after so long, to the D3 release.

Only two things are, that I'm not sure how much game time I have these days, and with a slow broadband how well the game will run, especially as many, many people will be trying to play on the servers at the same time. Bit concerned that I'll spend my short periods of time just trying to get connected.

Steve.

It's an amazing game to just "pick up". It's not hugely daunting like a mmorpg. As a grind game it's one of the top three out there, and this means it's something to easily sink our teeeth into and just get lulled around with the game's siren song of items... with hugely exciting graphics and a feel of "ownership" for our build. Cool thing is with Guild wars 2 out there now, I can go tween both, the easy link to an almost single playing experience on Diablo 3 or a massive immersion into a huge mp world like gw2.

Looking forward to seeing you in Diablo 2!~

:)

gogo

Depending on how many servers Blizzard provide, getting into a game may be an issue, it was during the beta weekend, but they were deliberately monkeying around with how many people could start new games, though you could join somone else's game via the friends list easily enough.

Lag should be less of an issue due to the way they've built D3, so hopefully your BB connection will be ok Steve.

Depending on how many servers Blizzard provide, getting into a game may be an issue, it was during the beta weekend, but they were deliberately monkeying around with how many people could start new games, though you could join somone else's game via the friends list easily enough.

Lag should be less of an issue due to the way they've built D3, so hopefully your BB connection will be ok Steve.

Might almost be worth holding back for a month or so till the 'fever' dies down ?!

Don't know if I can be that patient though.

How many are actually paying for the download ? At £45 I am giving that a miss ! I'll pay £33 for a hard copy from Amazon.

The game better offer a respec option for the inevitable class skill changes. I might get interested in the game after multiple patches and/or when an expansion is released. At the moment, there just seems to be too much missing and not enough to attract me to purchase the game at launch.

It offers so much respeccing that you can literally drown in it :/

15 sec respeccing is just about it.

Getting into the servers will probably be hell for the first 24 hours. If WoW and Starcraft 2 is anything to go by, I wouldn't worry about server issues much further than that.

After the stress test they have added a queue system to creating new games (the queue was just 1 sec in the beta though, since there obviously was very few players around), probably to fix the stress test issue of a 100000 trying to make a game within the same second.

Edited by Shadout

Actually in the beta there were 250,000 players logged in at one time :) (per Bashiok's tweet)

Good going.

I can only dream of Sacred 3 being that popular ! ;)

It may take a while to get on, but I get the feeling it'll be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Steve. :)

I've been reading in a bit more depth about D3, and it seems that they have certainly gone to a lot more effort with the skills. I just hope they haven't over complicated that side !

Edited by cider_steve

I think its like thirty possible Skills per class? HUGE pickings

There's already some peeps who have uploaded videos of each and every skill to you tube, I'll see if those can be organized for us here... they're fun to watch while waiting.

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the game from disc, set it up, logged on, and played it with no problems at all. I've read a lot of complaints in forums of problems, so maybe I just got lucky.

Only had time last night for around 30 - 45 minutes, but from what I've experienced, it's a brilliant game.

Yay !

Steve. :cow_white:

That's awesome!

I wanted to hear some feedback on if peeps are all finally in game or not, I know that Barristan was still having problems?

:blink:

gogo

Installed the game from disc, set it up, logged on, and played it with no problems at all. I've read a lot of complaints in forums of problems, so maybe I just got lucky.

Only had time last night for around 30 - 45 minutes, but from what I've experienced, it's a brilliant game.

I had the same experience until about 90 minutes of playtime where I got booted out of my server due to error 37 :( Other than that, it has been an amazing game! :drunkards:

Any chance for any feedback on the game? I may have a chance to buy it for $20 next week and if its good...

Well worth the effort.

I loved the first two games, so was worried when Blizz broke up the team that made them. But they've done a fab' job with number three, they really have.

I would even go as far as saying this is the best Diablo they've released, IMHO. I have played for around three hours so far, not a lot, but enough to fall in lurve with it !

I don't know what else to say, other than to give it a go. If you know some-one that has the game, then maybe they'll let you have one of thier guest passes ?

More fun than you can shake a pointy stick at !

Steve. :thumbsup:

I have played a ton so far.

If you like the genre its interesting for sure (and people in here probably like the genre). Story, random events in the game world, Blizzards usual ridiculous attention to small details is all there.

On the other hand it is quite rough around the edges, in terms of features, balance and sadly not least stability (always online stuff... except when you aren't).