Things, that make you happy!

Ok so this topic would be about (and hopefully will be about) the every day's simple moments, that makes you happy. :)

You can post them here, to make us happy with it too. It can be some nice words, a present, maybe a gesture, or even just a thought.

So tell us what good happened to you today!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaming has always made me happy :-)

Not to forget Beer and endless partying! But mostly... Gaming, Beer and good friends to share with is what makes my day. Everyday! :)

EDIT: Typo <.<

Edited by Putrescine

In reverse order, my top three things that make me happy;

3) Being able to game without being bitten on the butt by the lag monster! :P

2) Being able to team up with my mates for a great gaming session. :)

1) Cream cakes! :blush:

Or for absolute heaven, all three at the same time! :bow:

Edited by podgie_bear

Ohh that's nice! :)

:P Though I thought a little else form of these, but it's okey. (like: This happened to me today.......and it made me happy. hehe but never mind.)

Ohh and I agree! With both of you! (Especially the Cream cakes. :blush: )

Nice topic

Poutine, parties, coaching hockey, posting topics, playing online with friends, eating thai green curry with shrimp, a good night's sleep, running up the two flights of stairs on the way to work, drinking the first cup of coffee, playing Crysis in almost full settings, being surprised by a great present, laughter, good creme brulee, any creme brulee, tapioca, beer, bailey's, classical music, goa trance music, icy cold water, taking my 94 year old neighbor's garbage out, crispy, cold, summer mornings, clocks by cold play, my oral b interplak toothbrush (thanks parents!), kind-hearted folk, new pair of socks, smell of fresh basmatti rice, haagen daaz honey-vanilla ice cream, waking up, going to bed...

did I forget anything?

This is addictive, I'll be back

:P

gogo

sports, getting killed at workouts, abusing forums and overloading the system with posts, texting, when my cat is asleep, movies ( the good ones), going to sleep at extremely late hours because of gaming, waking up extremely early to eat.. and then possibly game, telling myself I dont have a gaming addiction, and im sure many more things. THese are all pretty small right?

oooooo :lol:

cycling, trampoline, gaming, buying useless stuff, buying clothes, buying games, break you're own records, wake up on a saturday and forget its saturday and rush down stairs to go to school but then u remember its saturday and u suddenly have a few early free hours of gaming, happy dog, heigits :P wohoo, speed, skiing, snow, killing mosqitos, internet communeties... :blush: , finding lost stuff and much more I cant think of atm :bow:

today I killed a mosquito, gamed and loged on to fdm, that makes me happy :)

Things which make me happy, huh? Not much of 'em.

Sleeping, metal and rock music, silence, cycling, walking, drawing, writting, posting, gaming (especially text based RPG and cRPG)...

oh, and I loooooove to watch sunrises.

And singing.

hmm...

yeah, there's something else I think :P

Edited by TelariTurunen

This Cover :P , Bananas, Abusing the posts on here, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal, Viking Metal, Pagan Metal, Folk Metal, you get the idea, (thats the sort of post abuse I mean :lol: .) Also chocolate, chocolate digestives, bouldering, ice cream, summer, winter, warm fires, reggae, drawing, gaming, reading, posting here, posting on DA, posting anywhere else, my dad's curry :) , my mum's cooking, weekends, art , walking, snow (pity its rare here) , the smell of curry cooking (and that of basmati rice, we are of one mind gogo :blush: ) , being with friends, strawberry flan (or whatever its called, its still delicious!) , salads (pasta, potato, mozzarella, couscous etc.) , talking, bananas again, apples, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, other fruits (but not as much), this thread.

This is addictive, I'll have to come back

:bow:

~Doom

Yesterday evening I remember one more thing :P It was dark and I went to open the window - and I've heard that sound, which grasshoppers make.

I decided to go for a walk^^ I live at the countryside so after sunset it's quite silent here.

I luv moments like that.

:)

ooooo great job guys! :P

Waking up, gogo? Phhuhh! :)

Going to sleep at extremely late hours because of gaming.
LOL I agree.

Falling asleep alone during the day and waking up with my youngest daughter snuggled up next to me.
<--soooo sweet. :)
Hearing my 3 yr old say "luv you mama bear"
<--soooo sweet. :)

Sooo nice ones!

Great job!

Hehe and I like posting here on FDM and on my new Polish forum (lol, we've got about 9-10 users, who write anything :P ).

A few hours ago I decided to play text based RPG with my brother and 3 cousins (and of course I'm always the game master). When we started, players needed to choose one character.

"Miki, which one for you?"

"I want to be... I want to beee... I want to be seraphim's armor!"

That made me happy :)

Hearing my 3 yr old say "luv you mama bear"

Awesome!

I loved reading about your loves, guys.

Great topic here...ain't it cool how you get into sort of a poet's groove when listing down stuff? ^^

gogo

p.s. and so glad you love to post here Telari :hugs:

MY baby! more than anything in this world, my son.

but I am only rediscovering things I love that had been out of my life for years, I had forgotten.... what if feels like to be given flowers, having someone whisper in my ear, holding hands, hugs, oh thats just a few hehe Heck How it feels to be loved! didnt realize how much I missed that one.

:hugs::P

I like... This topic! :yay:

Discovering a new bike trail, completing a design, all the laughs I have with my sister everytime we talk, chocolate milk!, crazy in game chatter with friends, walking down the street and having someone I don't know start up a conversation with me, the sound and feel of rain, the first snowfall of a winter, my cat curled up in front of my keyboard while I work, playing video games with nephews and making mommy and daddy go crazy in the process. DarkMatters! So much of what I love these days come from here! :woot:

MY baby! more than anything in this world, my son.

but I am only rediscovering things I love that had been out of my life for years, I had forgotten.... what if feels like to be given flowers, having someone whisper in my ear, holding hands, hugs, oh thats just a few hehe Heck How it feels to be loved! didnt realize how much I missed that one.

:);)

That's a wonderful post Ari. I can only "get" close to how you feel when my parents talk about me and my brother growing up. I never realized how much we meant to them as l'iluns. And seeing yours and Gene's posts about children get the heart goin.

You got me remembering how much peeps enjoy getting flowers, specially when they're surprised. I think it's time for me to pick up a bouquet for Peggy (the 94 year old) across the hall.

And listen to her stories, about snow being pulled away from the streets 85 years ago here in Montreal.

Ah...community!

gogo

p.s. Brad, completely with you with the inane ingame chatters, lol...another part of a great game build :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Late on the ball again. It has all been said, and so many of them are now past pleasures. But there are still choral singing, folk singing with my wife, conducting the village choir and writing/adapting scores to suit, watching my wife weed the garden, getting a batch of concrete in place and it drying without rain falling and without the cat/dog walking on it, fresh cooking smells, the smell of sawn wood and of newly mown grass, glow worms...Sacred and Dark Matters forums (fora? - naah, never), and not seeing zero responses to my posts to remind me I should have binned them.

Almost everything except responses from businesses run by badly programmed computers.

Yesterday Genenut and I took the day off from work. We took the wee-one to day care, left the eldest boy at home and then went out to breakfast together, just the two of us.

Today was an early day for me at work. When I got done I went to get the little one from day care and got there at nap time. I carried him out to the car with his head resting on my shoulder. he woke up just long enough to look around put his little hand on my cheek and say " luv ya Dada bear" then he put his head down and he fell back asleep.