Got into a pretty bad fight with the wife this afternoon. A temp from work who was let go a few months ago lives in the apartment we moved into after losing the house.

She met my wife and sister-in-law in the laundry room and, according to the wife, told a story about how we had been sneaking around behind my wife's back. I've only seen her once since me moved in and I made sure that she did not see me.

Things got ugly pretty fast and she trashed the spare computer right from the start. She threw it on the floor and the case flew apart. She then stomped in the insides for good measure. The spare computer is actually my mothers. I took it when she had her heart attack two years ago and nearly died. I planned on giving it back if she ever fully recovered--it was that bad, with long-lasting effects.

Having dispatched the Dell, she started throwing pieces of the case, thinking that she could take out the other computer. I got hit in the face by the front of the case and almost again with the iron when she threw that. That's where I lost my temper and broke the thing myself.

At that point I said some things and she gave me one in the side of the head that made my ears ring. I told her that I was leaving and she started pleading for me to stay. I wouldn't back down so she jumped on me and started clawing at my face. She missed taking my left eye, but I do have a nasty scratch across my forehead that was bleeding for a while(there was blood in my ear as well). Every time I tried to leave she jumped on me.

I managed to get outside to our patio and then made a very stupid mistake. It's kind of funny now but I tried a move I saw in a Jackie Chan movie. I jumped at the fence and then kicked off and sort of landed on top of the AC. I kicked off that and tried to jump the fence, getting my feet tangled in her clothes line. I am really hurting now and it's getting worse by the hour.

I tell you what, I am really mad at the temp. I almost made a big mistake by going to her place to have it out.

So I guess I won't be playing for some time. I am writing this from the Dell which is working for now. It keeps shutting down from overheating. I pulled what I could from the other case in hopes of rebuilding it some day.

It's funny, I never expected any of this when I got up this morning.

Wow Sil, heavy material when you're not even fully awake yet.

Seems to me like your wife is a suspicious/jealous type of person? Can't imagine how troublesome that can be, I do have 'some' experience with those types of persons but not that many. She really overreacted I think, with going physical etc, that's not really... well... normal?

Didn't you have a fight about something similar not too long ago?

Anyway, try to resolve the situation, sit down for a chat, choose your words carefully etc...

And, is it 'normal' for her to react in this way? If not, maybe there's something else going on, you should try to find out.

Keep your hopes up Sil!

Oh and eh, Jackie is a trained professional, performing his stunts under supervision of other professionals. Accordingly, MTV and the producers must insist that no one attempt to recreate or re-enact any stunt or activity performed on the show.

lol

Ah, Sil, we're always surprised when unpleasant things happen huh? I would never have ever been able to predict some of the really scary fights I've had with my family and friends. I just knew that I felt god-awful after it happened, and there was a lurching, sinking feeling in my heart.

I hope you're not feeling as sore as before, take a few tylenols, and give yourself some time to breathe. She's still your wife, still your friend, and in a little bit of time, you'll be able to talk this through.

It's the startup of those convos that always seem to be the biggest step, but hold up for it, okay?

:D

gogo

*hugs*

And umm the temp can be sued for slander ... that should shut her up pretty good and have her apologizing in short order

I had stronger thoughts than lawsuits, believe me. After the beating I took because I didn't want to fight back I was ready to do some violence.

But what really bothers me is this whole 'suffering wife' thing my wife is doing. She is convinced that I cheated and feels superior because she took the high road and is keeping the family together. She reminds me of this every time she gets mad. And everything I do is proof. I slip into a bit of depression and distance myself(I am on Paxil) and "you wouldn't be acting like that if you did not have a girl friend" It's a no-win situation really. No matter how good things get between us, there is always the belief that I cheated on her. And it's always there, ready to come out whenever she gets mad.

Oh damn Sil :D:lol:

Im so sorry about all of this. I am currently going through a separation atm.. so of anything I can give to help is try and show her what she means to you. Eventually she will see beyond her personal anger and see the truth in you. Sending huge hugs!

Sorry to hear that Sil hope things work out after you two cool down. The hole event you wrote is like out of a movie and even has the comic relief part[your Jackie Chan movie maneuver] after the big tense moment. I really hope you work this out fast and in the distant future you two only remember your Jackie Chan moves.

Sorry to hear that Sil hope things work out after you two cool down. The hole event you wrote is like out of a movie and even has the comic relief part[your Jackie Chan movie maneuver] after the big tense moment. I really hope you work this out fast and in the distant future you two only remember your Jackie Chan moves.

Oh man, you just can't imagine how much pain I am in right now. I wrote that I tripped over her clothes line, but that was the short version. Going into more detail.....I led with my right leg and landed on the bottom frame of the fence and pushed back, getting my left foot on the AC. I then pushed forward as I flew over the fence, turning in the air.

My feet got twisted up in the rope and I fell, head first. The rope supported my weight and so my back hit the fence and my legs were bent over the top of the fence. My feet slipped free and I hit the ground.

Right now every inch of my body is in agony and my right leg, still getting worse, feels like it my not support my weight when I get up tomorrow.

As for our relationship....I really don't see much hope there. She is back to normal but the bad feelings are there, supressed for now until she get's mad about something.

Take pictures Sil. Spouse abuse needs documentation. Especially when the abused partner is the guy

*hugs* hope things fell better after a good nights sleep

Man Sil you dont know what you did to me. Its so hot hear and every time I turn on the AC I get the image of your Jackie Chan moves. And I start laughing so hard. That helps a lot with this hot weather. And doing does moves at your age :P the human mind is a terrible thing be very afraid

Take pictures Sil. Spouse abuse needs documentation. Especially when the abused partner is the guy

Mom you read the part about the Jackie Chan moves right? Sil did the worst damage himself.

Katran - But the scratches that bleed and the blood in his ear were done by his wife while he wasnt resisting . thats what needs to be documented... just in case.

*hugs* sil

Katran - But the scratches that bleed and the blood in his ear were done by his wife while he wasnt resisting . thats what needs to be documented... just in case.

*hugs* sil

In my professional opinion I agree. Things could get nasty if God forbid anything ever happens again. She can cry abuse even if you don't hit her, and you will get jammed up because there are signs of a struggle. Make sure to document everything because I've seen people get jammed up for the same kind of stuff. Good luck Sil, I really hope things get better for you.

-Total

Whoa...thats some domestic craziness. 2 things from me:

1) Hit the temp over the head(with a sledgehammer/like whack a mole)

2) Your wife owes you big time, but I dunno that sounds like a scary relationship-I can only imagine what may have happened had you cheated and admitted it. Like, lets be honest you were bleeding and have a broken cpu and you didnt do anything! And she doesn't believe you? Why believe the temp-did you tell her she was fired and is holding a grudge and she doesnt believe that either?

Yikes-be sure to keep us updated-I dont think ill be able to stand for the temp not getting whats coming to her.....I hate people like that...come on silearth she needs her come-upins'

Man Sil I am sorry about all this. But I would have to agree man you really need to document the cuts and scratches that she caused.