Why did you stop playing Sacred MP?

What?

Most here who played it still play it, I can't think of anyone who has stopped playing it completely...

:drinks:

~Doom

It's the child of Diablo. That and much much more. Definitely check out our Sacred section here. There's a lot of great videos and builds done by peeps from all over the world. It's something you can pick up for cheap... definitely worth it.

:drinks:

gogo

Sacred is an older wiser version of diablo. There are layers to sacred that diablo doesnt have. I havent stopped completely, just taking a 6 day sabatical every week for a little bit

Well I was wondering when I would see a topic like this. And to answer your question. Like Tim said no one ever complet;y quits playing Sacred. But yes alot of us have been playing since the game came out. And like its older counterpart Diablo 2 LoD, I still play it as well but have not played online in quite a few yrs. (which I have also played D2 since it came out).

Question #2 tell you about Sacred...............

Telling one about sacred is never quite simple there are many aspects to the game and so much left to discover still. Even since its release we are still finding new and fun facts out about it. The world Ascaron has created us is a fascinating place of wonder and mystery. But one thing for sure if you start playing you will see right off the bat that it Diablo 2 LoD and Sacred are 2 different animals all together. Sacred is not your average hack n slash RPG. It has a full world to discover where as the Diablo series is straight dungeon crawls. Sacred has dungeon maps and a full world to move around. SO what are you waiting for? Grab the game. Get a horse and start exploring the world of Ancaria.

Like many above I'm on a bit of a break from Sacred. Granted everything I do online is geared towards Sacred so though I may not appear to be playing I've always got some Sacred projects going on in the background. Sacred really is a great game. Full of stuff to be discovered. It's got the best items and item modifiers I have ever seen in a game for sure and the combat arts rock! It's very affordable to buy and if you plan to play Sacred 2 then playing Sacred 1 now will definitely prepare you well for Sacred 2. :heart:

hey im just curious why you stopped playing sacred, it seems you all liked it a ton

To be honest, I have completely stopped playing Sacred (and any other games for that fact ) months ago, life is much sweeter away from the computer but Sacred did have its place when I needed it.

I bought a 22' wide-screen monitor and Sacred doesn't support 1680x1050 resolution.

So that's the only reason I have given up on it. :)

(if anyone knows of someway of playing it wide-screen then please let me know ;) )

I still class it as one of my all time fav games. :D

stubbs

I'm pretty sure you can set that widescreen to 1024x768 with alittle tinkering

and I cannot see how it's a problem since it runs perfectly fine on my 15.4'' laptop screen with a resolution of 1200x800

I'm pretty sure you can set that widescreen to 1024x768 with alittle tinkering

and I cannot see how it's a problem since it runs perfectly fine on my 15.4'' laptop screen with a resolution of 1200x800

The game plays ok but its horizontaly stretched, meaning that everything looks fatter. I'll try to explain.

My 22" screen has a native resolution of 1680x1050 and its fixed at a ratio of 16:10.

Putrescine, your resolution of 1200x800 maintains the aspect ratio of 4:3 :) which is what Sacred was originally designed for.

Once the ratio changes the images get distorted.

Because my monitor has a native resolution of 1680x1050 (16:10) that is the aspect I am forced to play at.

Many games have various means of overcoming this such as reg hacks or third party utilities. Sacred unfortunately does not (as far as I'm aware).

stubbs

Hmm,

Maybe this one can be of any help?

PowerStrip 3.7

Hey thanks Putrescine :P

I have used Powerstrip in the past and it would not change the aspect ratio without scaling (stretching) the image. :4rofl:

But heck, perhaps I didn't click a correct box or something. I'll try downloading this version and give it another shot. *fingers crossed*

stubbs

let me know if this works. I have thought of giving up my 21'crt and going for a 22" wide screen but I like my legacy games too much... specially sacred

Stubb:

I read on some forum that in this version you could actually ser ut for the black line boxes to appear on each side. Havn't tested it yet tho. But there were many possitive replies on this ver.

It would but with less heat and weight and the pic would be a bit crisper. And I'm sure the 22 flat would use less electricity than the 21 crt

Um I haven't stopped playing Sacred yet, but I'm not online too often. Basically I got bored with it, though I have to max out a few more toons.

The other reason is that I bought Guild Wars. It takes all my spare time.

I think what was finally beginning to get me down was the lag. So much lag when peeps were on, and for cool/strange reasons... peeps were getting too good at the game. Weird huh? There are so many mods in Sacred, and the higher the level of your toon, the more it's able to do. With high powered toons, you're able to close in on huge battles that put so many enemies on screen, and with split mods...it's like you can feel the game about to break up. The issue with overspawning arises by using other people's lag to create more spawns for ourselves, and so the game just, in it's last year thankfully, behaves the worst with the most people all having their great builds. It's still an awesome game, it's just that when it was created it wasn't originally conceived of as being a true MP game, and the game just can't seem to handle large parties online, with all the Combat Arts and mods.

I'm confidant that since Sacred 2 is being built ground up with mp in mind, it's going to be better able to handle groups of players comfortably.

:butcher:

gogo

Installed Powerstrip and had a play around but couldn't get it to display anything in a 4:3 aspect ratio rather than my native 16:10 ratio.

Either its a limitation in my monitor, my video card, or my few remaining technically challenged brain cells. :D

So Sacred remains unplayable. :D

stubbs