Mythos: With Flagship Studios defunct what will happen?

They keep teasing with annoucements that the beta would go public soon but I just checked the forums for the private beta and this is what I got:

From the team:

We regretfully announce that on Friday, July 18, 2008 at 11:59 PST the world of Uld known as Mythos will be going on hiatus. On behalf of all of the Devs and Community team we want to say thank you to everyone for their support and assistance with Mythos Alpha and Beta testing and we will see you soon.

The Mythos Team

so I would say its GONE....

Then again with the issues I had with it I have to say the writing was on the wall MONTHS ago...

Well while thier grasp of english is shaky, I have never not been able to connect to a korean mmorpg... and thier FAQ'a to get you connected are alot better than the bs I got on the mythos forums...

maybe if this korean company really did get mythos they will fix things instead of just making more content for those who can get it to work as is...

but the real loser I think will be hellgate. Its being still sold on brick and mortar stores and if the servers go down on that people are going to be very upset since they paid $$$ to get that game...

... the real loser I think will be hellgate. Its being still sold on brick and mortar stores and if the servers go down on that people are going to be very upset since they paid $$$ to get that game...

One of the announcements on the Mythos forum was that no new subscriptions would be accepted for HGL and that all current subscriptions would be honored. Wish I had copied them over to somewhere else when I had the chance.

Then again with the issues I had with it I have to say the writing was on the wall MONTHS ago...

I hear you Mom. I won't say I didn't enjoy playing it...but, those compu created mazes were making me go nuts after awhile. I guess I just got bored... nothing like the touch of hand made realms.

:)

gogo

One of the announcements on the Mythos forum was that no new subscriptions would be accepted for HGL and that all current subscriptions would be honored. Wish I had copied them over to somewhere else when I had the chance.

You can find a copy of that on the main page of the hg:l forums. You dont need a log in to get to the hg:l forums either

Ispent a bit of time today reading over there since the mythos forums are g o n e ... not even links to specific posts exist anymore.

There are rumors about why blizzard north was shut down and d3 is so delayed in coming out. If the rumors are true it explains much about why hg:l and mythos failed so spectacularly.. I think the GW crew got the good ones from blizzard and flagship did not.

Edited by Genenut

Yet another example of a combination of ego and overconfidence in creating a fantastic failure. Guess they forgot an important rule to establish their brand first before trying the subscription based debacle of HG:L.

Yet another example of a combination of ego and overconfidence in creating a fantastic failure. Guess they forgot an important rule to establish their brand first before trying the subscription based debacle of HG:L.

Which is a pity 'cause the general concept (demons invade London), was a nice one, even if the execution was, less than flawless...

I'll definitely hand it to hellgate for that. The idea, as lllama mentionned, of london being invaded, with super sorcery and science called into battle is an amazing story line. Their site was top notch, the number of weapons incredible.

Alas...execution...

:)

gogo