pos11: average: 98, 60% between 81 and 116 fields

pos12: average: 105, 60% between 85 and 129 fields

pos13: average: 110, 60% between 60 and 160 fields

pos14: average: 84, 60% between 42 and 126 fields

pos15: average: 101, 60% between 54 and 149 fields

The fieldnumbers are posibilitys, different numbers are always possible

Guest gogoblender

nice reference post

Great havin everything here at home where it's easily accessed rather than at the OOF which is so huge

Thanks Yarasa

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Hi

Im sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but I just had to reply. Thing is ive been trying to get an ok planet size at slot 13 in the system. And according to the "probability" scale that was posted here, slot 13 should have:

pos13: average: 110, 60% between 60 and 160 fields

Well, ive tried 6 times now and the size is constantly 60 fields, with the exception of one at 61 fields. The probability for this happening 6 times in a row is safe to say, extremly low. I fed the numbers to somone who had some experience in statistics, and he confirmed it.

So what does this cook down. That scale cannot always be entirely correct. I have a feeling that this scale is either:

1. somewhat wrong at certain planet slots

2. or its a scale that is completly valid whenever you create your first planet, and that other factors play a role later on when you create colonies

In any case probability speaks for itself in my case atleast. Any thoughts on this folks? Id like to hear it.

BTW the reason why I wanted to make a planet in the outher trajectories was to have deut. farm, nothing more. I should probably have moved on to some other systems, but failing so many times in a row made me abit obsessive about getting atleast around 120 fields. I give up now, not gonna waste another (7th) colony ship on slot 13. atleast :)

you need to be carefull with all those statistic thinks - its just probability. same with moonchances - you can get one moon from first try (I gave one guy moon from 1% moonchance). then I tried 20+ 20% moonchances in uni6 and nothing (almost quit playing in that uni just because of that).

so be carefull with all those percents :) (like in merphy laws - its against you anyway :o )

you had a really bad luck Borg

but still it wasn't a good choice to go with slot 13

best slots are 4-5-6 I usually don't go anything else than that, if it is not necessary

and as long as you already spend 7 ships, don't give it up yet, try to get at least 200 fields for the future needs

right now because of I am new in this uni, I don't really mind about 140 - 150 fields places. When I will reach certain points and power, I will destruct them and get a new ones from farther places to take a chance from all galaxies.

so for my game plan, around 150 fields good for a starter but if you wish to keep that place never start building under 200 fields.

there is a chance to get even much bigger fields planets in this game which ones are not even listed in those numbers. Those numbers are just the common possibilities. It can be less or more. I have one planet on slot 5 which has 306 fields and one in slot 6 has 319 fields.

Keep trying, don't give it up. It is frustrating, but it is game anyway :)

nogs, like I said it was just going to be a deuterium farm. and people told me that deuterium production was higher longer out. Otherwise id stick to 4-5-6 myself. My record so far is 290 fields /thumbsup

I just recently got done getting all 8 of my colonies.

It could not of possibly taken more then 40 colony ships to get these numbers.

the planet number will be in parenthesis....the first number is the fields

193 (6) / 203 (9) / 221 (6) / 221 (4) / 232 (6) / 258 (6) / 282 (6) / 298 (5)

I tried a lot of slots...as you can see 6 was my lucky planet

Guest gogoblender

glad yer makin progress in uni 1 surf!

one of the best uni's to play in with some very serious crashes goin on there!

heh, the numers of lf's used is astromical in their crashes!

Btw, hk, just made a whole series of attempts to get new planets

cost him a lot of ships but he was quite successful and ended up with a plethorae of planets with more than 300 fields

good work for turtle

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...