Age Of Conan

This time I have really done it :D I broke one of my own rules today... Yep you guessed it I purchase Age Of Conan (a pay to play game) :bounce:

But iam having sooooo much fun with it so iam hoping its worth it :woot:

Age_of_Conan_Cover.jpg

Webpage Wiki

oooooh.. darn it.. :bounce: I just closed my sub for a while.. had too few people in it! and too many game glitches. But Will open it back up again in the future though. Enjoy BHJ! Its truly awesome to play something that gets all kinds of goodies and updates so often. (The best part of pay to play) Only wished sacred would update or hope at least Sacred 2 will have that option.

Ah ha bhj! lol, no worries...you know, in fact, I had almost considered spending ten bux lately for a skill reset in Requiem ^^ Regarding Conan...well Conan rocks. The second trailer that you have put up here has so much chararacter...Conan's last few thundering words...just make me wanna go out and be a big brawny barbarian and make peeps pay!

:bounce:

A lof of my friend at work have actually been talking about the game, and a good number of them already have it. They say it's a huge time sucker upper...be careful.

Curious though, what was it that made you finally plunk down money. Did you get to play with it for free or something first and then decided to shell out? Or was it just the trailers and the site (pretty good looking by the way) that made you commit your wallet?

:woot:

gogo

@ari oooooh :sigh: btw thats strange The EU server are overcrowded and then some (think we can play on both servers ;) )

@gogo yep got a buddy key from a friend so I played 7 days for free (btw iam getting 5 buddy keys) :evil:

what I like most about the game is the freedom you can do more or less do what you want :) and like you said it looks pretty good as well :cow_white:

and I just love the way they have done it with the ingame support here you can see me with a game master (had problems with a quest)

and btw my char is as big as it can be made :4rofl: so he is HUGE :o

GO.png

:viking: :viking: :viking:

Age of Conan Guides - Character Classes Part 1

I have thought about getting this game its made by the same people who did Anarchy Online. They have some really great dev's on their teams. But If it wasn't for the fact I just Re-activated my WoW account. I probably would get AoC. It looks like a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...

time to add a bit of info :P

and a few more videos :P

on the 17th we got a huge game update :P witch among other things turned on pvp xp :)

the update note is just to long to post (I think so anyway :whip: ) so ill just link to it :) -----> the link

Oh wow does that ever look like a lot of fun bhj. *tries not to watch anymore videos* :Just_Cuz_21:

Creating your own city. Woohoo! That so cool. But bhj... Pay to play?! How could you?! :)

Looking forward to reading about your gaming experience in it cause that's as close as I'll ever get to playing it. I will not give in to pay-to-play! :whistle:

Pay to play?! How could you?! :P

yeah I kinda broke my own rule there huh :) (but iam having soooo much fun) :blush:

Looking forward to reading about your gaming experience in it cause that's as close as I'll ever get to playing it. I will not give in to pay-to-play! :D

well if you can find someone to borrow the dvd´s from ill give you a buddy key so you can play 7 days for free :evil:

@toret hehe didnt think you wanted to play AoC :4rofl: anyway I have a buddy key for you as well if you want one ;)

:):):)

• 2 months later...

Time for a Age of Conan "update" :(

First something I found on Youtube (the first one mainly for the graphics and the second one cos its one of the new area recently added to the game "Ymir's Pass")

AoC has yet again taken a step in the right direction (as I see it anyway) :P and the dev guys are doing a awesome job :blush: with three updates in November :resp:

So now you need to have Microsoft´s November release of DirectX (DX9) installed to even get the game started (or DX10 of course)

MOUNTS

* Snow Mammoths have arrived. The mount vendors are now offering newly tamed beasts ready to assist their master in siege battles.

GENERAL

* More server lag spike causes and performance issues have been fixed.

* Massive PVP playfields have undergone optimization, which should reduce lag for many players. (Even more optimization will be coming in the next Update).

* Crouch and similar abilities should now work as intended after zoning and teleporting.

GUI

* The pet GUI should now always remain after zoning.

WORLD DESIGN

* Amphitheater of Karutonia: An issue with the rate the summoning portals spawned mobs at some occasions has been fixed.

If they now only can get the EU and US servers merged this is starting to look like something :viking:

Some pictures to show of both the landscape graphics and the details on the character equipment ++

th_1.jpg th_2.jpg th_3.jpg th_4.jpg th_5.jpg th_6.jpg

th_7.jpg th_8.jpg th_9.png th_10.jpg th_11.jpg th_12.jpg

th_13.jpg th_14.jpg th_15.png th_16.png

I was on a roll and found a map as well so here it is :4rofl:

th_hyboria.jpg

So hard to resist :P

well I sendt you a buddy key so you only need to borrow my dvds for the installation ;)

• 1 year later...

Da.. has it been that long :) Guess its time for a "update" then :agreed:

AoC-RotGS_logo450.jpg

Get the expansion pack ... check

Reactivate the account ... check

Have fun playing ... check :P

New mounts

Screen_6-300x216.jpg

New places (and equipment)

Age-of-Conan-Rise-of-the-Godslayer-3-150x96.jpg

And ofc new monsters

76346_thumb.jpg

:viking:

• 5 months later...

How many people are playing this game now. I know Conan has a great update scheduele of content. Is it cuz monthly costs are expensive, or there's a lot of medieval warriors out there?

gogo

dont know how many players there are But the servers are full (I play on the EU servers have no clue about the US servers)

as for the costs If you do like I have and pay 1 month at the time its 18 usd a month (so not expensive as I see it anyway) :)

from the new area

age-of-conan-rise-of-the-godslayer-pc-44.jpg

age-of-conan-rise-of-the-godslayer-pc-46.jpg

397192.jpg

• 1 year later...

Iam still playing btw and they are still updating the game :heart:

the next addone they are working on is "Secrets of the Dragon's Spine" what I have seen of it looks good (se image under) :)

Age of conan is also free to play now http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree

And I can still be found on the EU Crom server :viking:

tribal_I_big.jpg

tribal_I_big.jpg

Was looking at it when I heard it was F2P, thought I might give it a try but was put off by some reviews about repetitive gameplay, clumsy controls and empty servers. So since you are actually playing it, what is it really like? It looks a massive download and I would have to uninstall a fair bit of my stuff to make room. Is it worth it do you think?

I like to try a game out beofre I put money into it if at all possible, since I have been caught out before with paying for it and then finding it is rubbish.

Update: I found the game unplayable for me due to excessive load times. For example entering or leaving the Thirsty Dod tavern, I have to wait over a minute for the scenery to appear and up to another minute for the NPCs to spawn. Seems my system just can't cope with Conan. I'm sure if it was the game rather than me then the forums would be full of complaints.

Edited by podgie_bear

hehe wel I made this thread 10 August 2008 and iam still playing the game that are saying alot :dance2:

as for the reviews you talked about yep things can be abit repetitive if you let it But there so many places to go and so much stuff to do so this is realy only a "problem" if you are farming to get somthing you want (and even then you want it so its not so bad)

clumsy controls: Hmmm nope I just dont get this ons (prob a ps3 guy they had testing it) :dance:

empty servers: aoc has taken a few hits with skyrim, swtor and gw2 but seems to be bouncing back just fine :heart:

doing some recruting for my guild from time to time so I have been hanging around a few low level places and theres ALOT of players there So things looks good as I see them atleast :yay:

load time: the bigger the place you are going to the more stuff need to be loaded No way around that But entering or leaving the Thirsty Dod tavern should not take that long (running aoc with my old gtx260 myself without any problem) take me 3-4 sec sooning in and out from the tavern just now :)

EDIT: added faster time sooning in and out of Thirsty Dod tavern

May well be my internet connection, it has been very unstable lately and the service provider is rubbish, but I am contract bound. They were great at first, but now....... I know that even forum websites are getting slow to load for me and I have to scale graphics right back for any online gaming, but Conan has proved to be so slow its unbelievable. I did the first 'nightime quest' and when I came back and re-entered the Thirsty Dog, I was amazed to see NPCs sitting in mid air in a blank 3D landscape. Then doors started to appear, followed later by the odd item of furniture, stairs, tables, walls and finally a roof. That took well over a minute, then I walked through to where the Quest giver NPC was supposed to be and waited until he eventually spawned. By this point I was thinking it might be faster if I drew it all myself! Then when I went outside I had to wait while it all happened again for the external stuff, came back into the Thirsty Dog and had to wait for it all again. I lowered all graphics to minimum and it made no difference to this problem although it did allow my character to interact and move more smoothly. In the end I gave up and uninstalled the game. Shame really as it looked a decent game.

Edit: I'm using an Intel Celeron 2.4GHz Dual Core, with 2048Mb RAM and GeForce 7100 graphics card, running Win7 64bit. Hardly a top gaming rig, but worked fine up until recently now it is obviously obsolete. But since I am limilted financially by only having Invalidity Benefit to live on, it will have to do for a while longer.

Edited by podgie_bear

its prob the graphics card that is to blame thnik min is 8600 or 8800

there is ofc a few things u can do to get the game to run better But I think it going to be hard to get it running at a level you would be able to enjoy the game like you should with a 7100

AA off

wahter effect and vind effect in trees / grass off

shadows down or off

dont set view distance to long

3d numbers off