Flying in Requiem

This is cool (I think :)) Requiem is an awesome game. It's actually instance all over in one map. Not like in Guild Wars, which is pretty much only community instances when you're in town...but EVERYWHERE. So imagine in Requiem...you're able to pay for flights across the land...and while you're doing this... you can see what's going on below you in real time!. Yes... you can see battles being fought as you fly to your destination!

I remember when I first started playing, the flights would get to me... gaming seems to be so much about just getting to the battle as fast you can. But I've come to enjoy and appreciate these flights as an anjoyable respite and sort of vacation from the game. Flying means you get to take a break, enjoy the scenery, perhaps even get info on the lay of the land... lol, and lately (bless the new comp!) tab out to messenger or our forum see what's going on, maybe make a post or...as in this case...take pics and post.

With my new comp, vista and four gigs I was actually able to have the game keep functionning while I was in flight AND take ingame screenies, save em with Ifran view, then surf to Photobucket, upload them and then post them up here.

Yay upgrades.

And now, for all of you folk who haven't had the experience of playing this..here's some pics of the scenery with me while I was in game.

Enjoy!

th_flying5.jpg

flying9.jpg

flying8.jpg

flying7.jpg

flying6.jpg

flying5.jpg

flying4.jpg

flying3.jpg

flying2.jpg

flying.jpg

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. And now here's something really cool...if you take flights with your friends...you can actually see them in the plane behind or in front of you as you're flying!

Great screenshots gogo :hugs: Love that route to Red Inn also, thats where the fun started with nice drops and funny nm mobs. Special place for me :)

p.s. And now here's something really cool...if you take flights with your friends...you can actually see them in the plane behind or in front of you as you're flying!

Haha..this is so true. I had some really intresting chats with random people flying just using general chat. Once we even made a bet of 10 lant who would land first, was funny as the lag made it impossible to see who was winning. Not sure who won though but still funny :)

Yeah that run to Red Inn is THE coolest flight in the game. The scenery is awesome, and you fly so low along the trodden path it's like you're flying through a maze, courtesy of the autopilot.

I'm able to play the game in 1600 x 1200 no sweat now with all settings at max...only problem is the writing gets so small because my screen's only a 17 inch.

*sigh*

I think my wallet just felt the kick of the cry...

New Monitor Needed

:)

gogo

I'm able to play the game in 1600 x 1200 no sweat now with all settings at max...only problem is the writing gets so small because my screen's only a 17 inch.

Yes, I tried it but reverted for the same reason. Also that the gui doesnt expand - so much more extra room for the skillbar thats wasted :)

Awesome news tomi and TelariTurunen - cant wait to see you both ingame soon :hugs:

Ahh, so THAT'S the problem happening... I forgot to think that with the increase in Rez they should automatically do a ratio resize for the GUI...and there's none... no wonder everything goes microscopic.

I mostly use the larger rez when I'm just in fun, big battles...no need to read stuff...but boy do the online flying body parts look and thump good

:)

gogo

p.s. Tel, c'mon in you...Tomi, drag her in with you when you get your comp going :hugs:

Nice screenies Gogo the flights remind me of some of the ones you can take in WoW (yeah I know I said the evil games name). Hopefully I will be able to join you guys in requiem as I finally designed me a new pc. Now its just a matter of my financial dept (Vampie) letting me go ahead and build the new beast.

Great pics gogo :)

I have never tried flying in Requiem........looks cool. :4rofl:

Now that my new pc is up and running I am slowly re-installing all my games including Requiem.

Just a quick off topic.

My old pc with a Pentium4 3.2ghz and ATI Radeon X850 would give me a score of approx 6,000 on 3DMark 2005.

This new pc gave me 18,919!!

I'm expecting good stuff from my games now. Sacred 2 should look really sweet :)

stubbs

Edited by stubbie