Patch problems in requiem...

tomi

Hey guys!

I've downloaded Requiem. I was planning to play it with Telari, but here comes the problem. She couldnt download it. So I've sent a copy of the game in dvd by post. It arrived, and she said she has problems with patches.

So she wanted to download a Patch, and had an error report. As far as I remeber she said that some files are corrupted?...

Now my question is the problem is with Requiem, or with the patch. If it is with requiem I have to download again argh!. If with the patch what shall we do?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I've downloaded Requiem. I was planning to play it with Telari, but here comes the problem. She couldnt download it. So I've sent a copy of the game in dvd by post. It arrived, and she said she has problems with patches.

So she wanted to download a Patch, and had an error report. As far as I remeber she said that some files are corrupted?...

Now my question is the problem is with Requiem, or with the patch. If it is with requiem I have to download again argh!. If with the patch what shall we do?

Thanks!

Strange and wish I had seen this sooner.

I transferred the Requiem client from my old pc to this pc. All went well and Requiem started fine.

However I was simply unable to get the patch to install....kept getting an error like you have said.

So I have deleted the lot thinking that I must have had a corrupted file.

After reading your post tomi it seems it may have been a patch problem and not a problem with Requiem.

Now I have to wait till I get some more bandwidth so I can download the client again :o

stubbs

ouch!

Well Telari downloaded requiem now. Everything works for her.

Now I've installed requiem to 2 pc. Both worked. Now still the same question was the problem with patch? :o

Hmm, I'm not sure Tomi. I'll be honest and state that my first download for this game was one that Schot passed over to me after my attempt failed. Ever since then, all of the updates have been fine.

Perhaps looking at the official boards would be able to help with this?

I hope the game goes well for your next comp, will be great to play with you on the servers.

:pirate:

gogo

That patcher is really buggy, I fail atleast 50% of my tries and only tip I can give is to keep at it. Seen many complaints on the forum but no real answer though - everything from deleting the patch folder to reinstall. I finally got my patches from just trying over and over :pirate:

However if its the 3.0 patches thats gonna go live next week Ill be happy to share mine - 00000076.RTP to 00000090.RTP . Just send me a PM :)

Ahh very kind, ganto! :)

Okey well...probably the patcher was the guilty. (Sentence is death! lol)

Thanks guys!

P.S Ohh and can't wait to play with all of you! :pirate:

Okey well...probably the patcher was the guilty. (Sentence is death! lol)

lol

Glad to see it is working now Tomi. Looking forward to seeing you and Telari in Requiem! :P

Hehehe. I'm online every morning these days, (cos my bor is sleeping and when he wakes up I cant play)

And late nights I'll try to be online.

Reinstalled the game yesterday.

Every time the patcher starts up after about 10 minutes I get a CRC Error!

Game seems to play ok but I'm getting sick of the wasted bandwidth on patches that keep failing. :P

Hope they come up with a better way of distributing patches soon.

stubbs

Ahhh on other pc could also get the patch I guess...someone...

If I can play, my patch is downloaded right? Cant play 'till its not.

If yes, is there a way to copy it from a pc and paste on my new pc? Where can I find it?

So I dont have to download again and I can send it to others...

Edit: I found a patches folder actually in Requiem's folder but forgot to say there is only file in it...weird...

Edited by tomi

Awh lotsa patch time blues eh? :P

I had a hard time as well. What I ended up doing is restarting the Requiem updater about 5 times before I was able to get it fully patched. In total it took me about 30 minutes to get patched up. I started it the first time and it got as far as patch 82 and then I got an error. I closed the window, restarted and then it got up to about 86 then gave me another error. So I did this about 5 times and was finally able to play again.

Keep in mind you'll need to get up to patch 92 for the process to complete. In total it goes from 76 to 92. There's some manual approaches to this but I don't know how well they work since I didn't need to use it.

solution to the patch error

Hope it can help you guys! ;)

P.s.

If you try as I suggest and just keep restarting the updater then keep an eye on what number of the patch it is downloading. That way you will know if you are making progress.

Hey guys, not sure if you are still having problems but here is a response I gave to stubbs some time ago that worked for him. The below is so that you can download the new client which is 2.6 GB in file size. It should download fairly quickly this way.

The best I can do is suggest you do it the way I did. I used a download booster to pluck the client direct from the Requiem site and provided download by them and had 0 problems. Took about 4 hours. Average DL speed was anywhere around 60-400kbps. Mostly 300kbps.

So! Download and install Internet Download Manager. Then go to Requiem's client download page, sign in and then choose to download Full Version Download. It's the button directly across.

At this point the Internet Download Manager may have prompted you to perform the download for you. If it is offering to download "RequiemClient_20080613.zip" then choose yes.

(Faster Way)

Alternatively I do have the direct ftp link for the client download so what you could do is simply:

I find the Internet Download Manager overly insistant on downloading anything and EVERYTHING so once you got the Requiem client I'd advise scrapping the I.D.M. I still have mine however...

Good luck and if you get stuck feel free to ask for help stubbs. :drool:

Tried it, and get this:

Can't log in to ftp server

Details:

530 User IEUser cannot log in, home directory inaccessible......

edit: argh I also hate that in requiem official site if I want to push download full version, it requires a pw and username. I'm logged in as a member, but strill

I enter my details and says: error User cant log in :@

It wants some ftp.gravityus password. WTH is that? O.o

Edited by tomi

Awh, that would mean the server that we need to download from has too many people downloading from it. When I tried this morning it was working fine and I even started downloading the new client for a while just to see if it would let me. When I tried just now though it would not work so you'll just need to keep trying at different times of the day. Or you could try downloading the torrent. :)

Ok, I tried downloading it from a not official site. Working well. Before I had 0.3kbit/sec ore so, now coming with almost max speed! :banana:

30% right now. I'll let it download while I'm away. (school)

Ohh and thanks for the Bittorrent (?) program. It works sooo cool!

Pardon!

2x post :)

Ok, requiem downloaded. Same error report when I want to extract data files. The I dont know what is damaged or I dont know what. lol

When I downloaded it before, I made 5-6copies so I wont lost it and wont have to download it again. Now I am crazy.

But. Somehow I installed it. :) I guess I dont have to extractz the data files...so INSTALLED weeeee

Ok...anyway I guess I'll be back here in a sec. Swearing, smashing things. Something bad WILL happen again...

Good to see that it looks like your patch probs are fixed tomi. :)

I'm still struggling over here trying to get the latest patch to download properly :D

But at least I haven't given up...............yet :)

stubbs