Who's still playing OGame

What's up, my fellow braindisfunctional puppets of society (I know, maybe a little too much love there :))

I was wondering who in D.a.r.k is still playing Ogame. I noticed some goodbye hits, and I know some of you guys quit.

I am playing in the .nl universe right now (dutch OGame) and I recently got accepted in one of the top alliances in the universe. They did some 'testing' of my skills, and found me worthy, but seeing my largest account ever was only 160k points (and thus tiny gets a new definition :pirate: ) I might need some hints n tips every now and then.

This account is 90k points at the moment, but it ranks top 400 out of a little more then 5000, and seeing I only started in the beginning of july, when the nr 1 allready had over a few hundred k points, they said they were impressed at my ranking. (quite franky I blame the many many inactives, but then again ...)

The alliance I got in is at nr 4 atm with 12 members, only behind by 44k points (nothing) to the 3th alliance, with 30+ members.

At points/member we are the nr 2 alliance, and we are in top 5 with both fleet and research ... And I dangle at the bottom, waiting to be eaten by warhungry sharks :P

It's not that the people in my alliance aren't wiling to help, in the contrary, they are very helpfull. But I might need some insights from the guys who actually flew ripsfleet bigger then my fodderfleet :P.

So is anyone still playing Ogame? I might dump some questions here every once in a while, and prepare for my written exam of Ike's wonderfull guides :P.

Cya,

prom

Edited by gogoblender

Well, gratz on making it into that alliance Prom. I actually stopped playing a few months ago, but there still are some members here still playing D.a.r.k hard. I'm sure everyone can help out with any questions, especially those that done the multimillion mark in this game.

:pirate:

gogo

prom, not sure if this will help, but a few changes that might help since you last played.

I am relatively new to dark ogame, but had floated around sacred for years.

1. no moon idling. there is just overview idling. fleets make activity on moons, reading msgs, fleet, jg, etc all make activity.

2. battlecruiser rocks, so many ways to use

3. ipm range expanded, now range =(5*impulse)-1. used to be 2

4. officers and dm, various usefulness in them all

5. commander rss feed, rocks if you are overview idling and waiting for ninjas. I use thunderbird, the free one from mozilla

6. updates are more than 3 times a day, I am never sure when I get points from losing or growing, rofl

7. ocalc still exists

8. ostats is dead for .org as I understand, we use http://ogame.gamestats.org now which is quite nice. got growth stats and planet locations. bonus is you don't need to know german to read it.

9. many changes to lanx, would have to check oof to see them all. I would assume they are correct, but I(t) could be wrong.

yeah, my style atm is kinda raider/semi-turtle due to the fact that I can't be online most of the day, and I don't have time to play a lot with my exams and all that.

But the BC is very versatile indeed. Kinda the crashing version of what the bomber is for raiders. It pwns *ss!

But like I said, currently pretty much raider, so my fleet is mainly Heavy fighters, cruisers, bombers and destroyers.

As soon as my mines get to a confortable level, and I start to have some more time on my hands: SS, LF and BC wil definately be added.