Your real name at DarkMatters

My user name is actually a carry over from college when I picked my first email address: first initial, middle initial, first five letters of last name (to make the required 7 character user name required by the university).

My last name gets a lot of confusion because people want to replace the double-F with "ph".

And in the "a name is just a name" category, my father was adopted so I have no blood relation to my last name. No so different from the immigrants whose names were misspelled by semi-literate officials when they arrived in America.

Of course I prefer to go by my Royal Title: The Good Lord Wattaveudun

Theunis rhymes very well with a word used to describe male genitalia in Afrikaans

Delta!

Theunis is better than Giel ! :sweating:

Yes I agree, but having the nickname "Theunis-met-'n-P" your whole high school life is not very great! Niel is also a bit eish. :sweating:

My user name is actually a carry over from college when I picked my first email address: first initial, middle initial, first five letters of last name (to make the required 7 character user name required by the university).

My last name gets a lot of confusion because people want to replace the double-F with "ph".

And in the "a name is just a name" category, my father was adopted so I have no blood relation to my last name. No so different from the immigrants whose names were misspelled by semi-literate officials when they arrived in America.

Of course I prefer to go by my Royal Title: The Good Lord Wattaveudun

So what is your real name?

Delta!

The "m" is for Mike. Well, Michael... I call myself Mike but answer to both (my mother calls me by both). My Granny was the only person of significance to whom I was exclusively "Michael". Even when I'd call her, I'd say "Hi, it's Michael".

<soapbox> I get frustrated when I meet someone new and ask what they prefer to be called by and they say it doesn't matter.... yes it does matter, when you call a friend and say "Hi it's ____", what do you call yourself? How will I know that 95% of the world calls you "Bubba" or that you hate "Reginald" if you don't tell me? </soapbox>