Sacred 2 - Temple Guardian Trailers in HD

Finally some fantastic footage of the technology enhanced ancient guardian of Ancaria's past in action. Pay attention to his voice and the kinds of Combat Arts he can use...all while you're watching of course.

The backgrounds are exquisitely detailed, and it looks like it's going to be classic Sacred gameplay redux. Get those cards ready folks, just a few more weeks ^^

Temple Guardian Aspects:

1. Devout Guardian
  2. Lost Fusion
  3. Source Warden

Combat Art Choice Menu

tg1.jpg

Big Fat Lazer Beam

tg2.jpg

Cool Armor

tg3.jpg

Cooler Armor

tg4.jpg

:thumbsup:

gogo

The second video is fantastic. I was thinking that Sacred 2 was gonna slog along...lol, kinda like the first one...which you feel now if you compare it much faster moving rpg's and mmorpgs out there right now (Requiem, yeah!) But... it looks like this Temple Guardian is giving as good as he gets...and did you see the tail that comes out of him?

Is that a CA or Armor?

:)

gogo

p.s. Tim, what do you think of his voice? I personally think it's the one I'm going to love hating :D

I'm not sure what I think of his voice ^^

I want videos of the inquisitor!

Cmon inquisitor, inquisitor, inquisitor, inquisitor, inquisitor, inquisitor, inquisitor, inquisitor *whew*

:D

~Doom

I agree about the voice Gogo...it's just so...nonchalant while he's destroying baddies, but I guess that is the mechanical aspect...

It will be interesting because his CAs seem quite unique and I really can't judge how much I will like/dislike him from just a video...

I gotta get in and play! Oh and I did like the 'tail' too!

Later,

StiCk_eM

Yeah its so well... unbothered, I'd like a bit of passion in his voice...

It doesn't feel quite right.. ah well

:)

~Doom

the voice... I think he would be much cooler with voice like protos variors or voices from stargate :)

and the walking sound?

although I am sceptic, they make it everytime good so I`ll see in the game.

Did I see a flamethrower? :)

see you

Hey, I like that voice :) Would be nice if he could say something funny with total seriousness :P

Yes, I again changed my mind, this will be the first character which I'll choose to play.

(yes, I'll change my mind a couple of times till the game will be relased...)

I replied to the thread that Caroyn Hacker started on the SIF, basicly saying that I found him a bit boring. After reading your comments here, perhaps it was his speech that did it for me.

I thought his laser arm was pretty cool, but his fire arm was kind of a rip of the Dwarf's flame thrower. And his run.....it's worse then the dark elf.

I gotta agree about the voice. Not really a fan of it. They should have gotten Peter Cullin to voice act. :D Everything else looks pretty cool about the Guardian. Armor looks awesome but where tha heck is his mount?! I NEED to see that!

Here's the thing. I'm absolutely happy that Sacred has taken the tech part of this game a step farther with the Temple Guardian. I've always enjoyed the kind of creativity that games have when you have the mix of super sorcery and science. Hellgate had it, and so did Final Fantasy. Sacred...well yeah, but with the Seraphim and Dwarf... I don't mind having guns or high tech dalliances in rpgs, mmorpgs... or however this game will be called :D ...I've always thought the extra content was worth what I pre-conceived a world to be like. The Temple Guardian is definitely looking good. He's got some speed in the second video, and isn't clunking along like I thought he would. That Big Lazer is definitely good looking, and it looks like it's going to be fun to use. I've always liked beams like that that remain on screen, and did you guys see his Area of Effect with the white things shooting up out of the ground? I guess this is his environmental effects? I also really like whoever's doing the ingame writing for this game (as I've mentionned before)...

Lost Fusion, Source Warden... very creative. If they're looking to make Sacred as focused upon the huge number of builds as was possible with the first game, there is definitely content here to enjoy. lol, yes Sil, the voice is something huh^^ Actually, you guys saying that it's because of his mechanical background... maybe I can learn to get along with it.

Maybe.

;)

gogo

Also not a great fan of the voice... sound a little depressed - almost like Marvin the robot from Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy ? I'd expect something more non-everyday-human...

... I think he would be much cooler with voice like protos variors...
Yeah, that's about exactly as I imagined !

The tail looks like CA - some scorpion tail ? Perhaps poison damage ?

Who am I gonna play first ? I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE ! :P I think it might just be the Temple Guardian.

• 2 weeks later...
The tail looks like CA - some scorpion tail ? Perhaps poison damage ?

Think we found it:

Battle Extension. An additional arm that will fell opponents during battle.

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. here's the new listing for the Temple Guardian's Combat Arts

Aspect: Devout Guardian

The Temple Guardian is a cyborg and as such, a deadly, efficient and unemotional war machine. Once, he had been created to protect the Great Machine; now, he is able to inflict severe physical damage to his opponents by using T-Energy purposefully. He boasts features that no other character possesses.

* Dedicated Blow

A portion of physical damage is converted to the damage source, which the opponent has least resistance to.

* Battle Extension

An additional arm that will fell opponents during battle.

* Deathly Spears

Long spears will sprout from the Temple Guardian’s body in order to protect him from attacks within range.

* Combat Alert

]Increases the attack and defense value.

* T-Energy Shroud

Raises a force field that partially absorbs incoming damage while enough energy remains to sustain the shield.

Aspect: Lost Fusion

One arm of the Temple Guardian is purely mechanical, which allows him to exchange it and enhance it with T-Energy, to make it an even deadlier weapon against opponents.

* Amplifying Discharge

A rapid shot with bullets. These have a chance to hit an additional opponent who is close to the original target.

* Furious Emblazer

A jet of molten fire burns everything in the Temple Guardian's path.

* Jolting Touch

The Temple Guardian clutches his opponent with the left hand immobilizing him and sending out electrical impulses for several seconds.

* Archimedes Beam

The Temple Guardian’s left arm unfolds a large parabolic mirror and fires a powerful beam of concentrated energy.

* Propelled Levitation

The Temple Guardian levitates and moves faster, which renders him more difficult to hit. His jet nozzles emit pulses, which will damage nearby opponents.

Aspect: Source Warden

T-Energy grants the Temple Guardian special abilities in order to weaken or transform his opponents. He is able to surround himself with an energy field and he can use extensive heat or cold to weaken his opponents.

* Primal Mutation

Causes direct damage using T-Energy. This combat art also gives the chance to transform an opponent into a harmless animal.

* Fiery Ember

Causes fire damage and decreases opponents’ fire resistance within a certain radius. Allied players receive a bonus to ice resistance.

* Icy Evanescence

Causes ice damage and decreases opponents’ ice resistance within a certain radius. Allied players receive a bonus to fire resistance.

* Charged Grid

T-Energy pulsates around the Temple Guardian and damages opponents while it heals allies at the same time.

Untouchable Force

* Creates a small force field around the Temple Guardian that causes light damage to nearby opponents with the possibility to leave them stunned.

but where tha heck is his mount?! I NEED to see that!

It's a monowheel Schot, there was a very blurry part of a vid with it in. Though I don't remember which vid (other than it was very blurry).

the wheel looks uber-good.

gogo had a nice oppinion about the extra stuff in the games that make it cool. this is propably what I`ll feel when playing temple gurdian. although the voice is strange right now the story and everything will definitely make it fine (like what are guardians goals? what about his special quests... imagining this voice and him pressing the Tenergy-bomb button and saying something like "existence is illogical"... or "what does this button do?" :sigh: )

I am definitely looking forward

lol, chrenus... it's great seeing you back here. Well, let me say, I'm putting a great deal of faith in good Ole Ascaron with this game after hearing that voice.

*supresses hidden shudder*

Yes... I've got faith

:crazy:

gogo

I (personally) don't think that faith is misplaced Gogo. The TG is my favourite char. They've gone through several voices & I prefer the one that they've ended up with.

His Wheel is good, some of the CAs have different gfx when mounted on the wheel, and one of them is very amusing...

Needless to say, any other beta tester who hasn't been explicitly told that they can talk about it is still bound by their NDA (IIRC, there's 6 of us atm).

The TG is my favourite char. They've gone through several voices & I prefer the one that they've ended up with.

Bravo!

Voices are pretty important, specially in Sacred with so much humor. Looking forward to the latest release of it...and Llama, dang, you sound so happy with this character class!

I actually am looking forward to playing a toon with very different Combat Arts and setup from the old game. I'm looking hard at the TG or Dryad. The concept of her collecting heads sounds deliciously complicated.

Just the way I like it

:D

gogo