First off, I hope I wrote sacralism correct (something being sacred, is something sacralistic? Right?)

Now, let's begin.

The battle between what is sacred and what is diabolic rages beyond the sacred books. It rages right into my world.

What to buy? Go for the struggle with Good and what is Sacred? (or sacred 2, to be precise), or go after my darker side and join Diablo (or Diablo 3, to be precise).

You are getting my drift. The more trailers I watch, the cooler both games are becoming ! But I can't choose. I don't think I will have the time (nor the will) to play both games as soon as they come out, and yet I don't know what to choose.

What are your insights.

Noble seraphims, and diabolic barbarians ... I call upon thou!

Make me buy the game you will start playing. Why should I play your choise of game? why sacred 2, or why diablo 3.

I was thinking of buying Starcraft aswell, but for some reason I don't think it will have quite the community of either of the above mentioned games. Therefor it will be a later purchase (or, dare I say? Download for SP).

In short: Convince me why I should either go with Sacred2 or Diablo 3... And who is going for what? If you are going for both, what will probably be your primary game? So that I can make my mind up :P

Grtz, prom

It will be like this for me Sacred 2 will take priority then when it comes out Guild Wars 2

Diablo 3 I will buy but it will be back seat compared to Sacred 2 and GW2

Also Diablo 3 fails because it kept the worst (in my opinion) character from Diablo II, the barbarian.

Honestly why him? WHY?

:D

~Doom

Sacred 2 for sure! *Looks at forum* Yeah ok... So I'm a bit biased, haha. Still though. I think of them all Sacred has had the most pleasant community. I have no doubt that the kindness and generosity found in S1 will certainly be in Sacred 2. All three games look fantastic but for me it's really coming down to the community spirit. :D

Oh yes theres another reason Diablo III will be my least important choice, it has the worst community of the three, whereas the other two have had great communities

:D

~Doom

For me, it will be Sacred 2 as well. You can't beat community spirit. Also, I don't like the looks of D3 (yet).

But college will be breaking up a lot of the time I'd like to invest in it, so it will take some time for me to get to the kami's (want to finish it in SP at least once before that) :D

Hmm yeah, the community is something I value a lot too.

In diablo 2 the community I knew wasn't really close .. if you know what I mean.

In sacred (and possibly due to the fact that there were so little), the standard and HC communitys were very close knitted. Everyone knew everyone.

And diablo allso has the more 'competitive item' market. Whereas sacred had little items of true value (allso because MF was easy, and even uniques dropped ALOT), but in diablo it all came down to who had the best MF bot while he was at work ...

Kinda hoping that would disappear ... But I fear it will still remain that way.

After reading some comments here, I think I will go for Sacred after all

PS: *SHAME ON ME!* But I am not sure about certain things regarding guildwars.

IS that an mmo? Or rpg like sacred/diablo? Or what kind of game is it? It seems to be popular amoungst the players that like the diablo/Sacred kind of game, so I might like it too.

Grtz, prom

I hate to sound opportunistic, but practicality dictates buying the first game that hits the shelves.

They'll all be great, I expect. Why wait any extra time?

Timo hit it on the head for me. You can't beat community spirit and being able to play with friends. There's so many games out there, but playing them alone or having to get to know a bunch of strangers all over again is a big drag. I've looked at a lot of games, and enjoyed some of the communities. But Sacred's community was so tiny. It just made things that much simpler for me to get my hands around, was my first real online game and...hardcore to boot...for free!

All to love, and the part I most enjoyed from that game posts here and at the SIF every day! :P

Definitely Sacred 2

nd, of course... Diablo 3's probably only gonna come out what... in two years or so? Definitely a lot of time to go through a few hundred builds or so with Ascaron's new game

;)

gogo

PS: *SHAME ON ME!* But I am not sure about certain things regarding guildwars.

IS that an mmo? Or rpg like sacred/diablo? Or what kind of game is it? It seems to be popular amoungst the players that like the diablo/Sacred kind of game, so I might like it too.

Grtz, prom

It classified itself as a "CORPG" Competetive Online Roleplaying Game

It differs from an MMO in that everything is instanced, it will only have you and your party in it, no one else, and that you can play the whole game with just the AI bots to help you :P

GW2 has some non instanced areas in, but looks like its going to hold true to the spirit of the original guild wars in terms of instanced areas

;)

~Doom

In fact I was just reading about Guild Wars' instancing on GW2... apparently they're going to try and have much larger "shared" areas so that more peeps can bump into one another instead of being connected by a bunch of "bubbles" like towns only. This really does impact the game. I only noticed how much I enjoyed this when playing Requiem which is entirely single-instanced like Sacred was. Since GW 2 won't charge for online fees/subscriptions, they'll probably have to find a way to keep hosting costs down, so they won't probably be able to maintain a single instance like WOW or Requiem.

:P

gogo

The majority of the game will still be instanced though.

And I'm looking forward to teh 1337 area that Orr will be!

Yay undead and dragon fighting!

:cow_white:

~Doom

Sacred 2 here too. I'll get both, but I tend to stick with one game until I'm sick to death of it then move on to the next, and I think it's going to take a lot more than 2 years for me to get sick of Sacred 2 (Due to my job I've been fortunate enough to have had access to it for a while now, and I'm still constantly amazed at just how much there is to do and see).

I know, you're looking at my avatar and thinking "oooh, big surprise there" but hear me out. Yes, Sacred 2 is my job, but I think it speaks for the strength of the game and community that I'll be working on Sacred 2 things through my work day, then choosing to play that same game at night for my gaming relaxation time.

Sacred for me as well.

I played D1 but never got around to D2--I'm always on a super-tight budget and really can't afford to buy many games(I got lucky with sacred as I got plus from ebay and won my two copies of underworld)

I enjoyed Diablo, but once you start cheating it kind of takes away the fun. And the constant attacks from PKers wanting to collect ears got to be pretty annoying--Is it still like that?

It got to the point where I was running a cloner program in the background whenever I played. If a person with stats that were way too high joined the game I would clone them. If they attacked, I would retreat to town, copy their stats and equipment on my own toon and rush back in to try to kill them.

So D3 looks cool, but I really doubt that I'll buy it--can only afford to buy one game. Lol, after what the wife did to the computers it will be some time before I'm playing Sacred 2.

Hi carolyn !

I didn't know you hung out around here too. Did the vortex of idiotic comments pull you into this Dark place aswell? ;)

For a while there I thought you were 'just' (due to lack of better words) a forum mod ad the SOF. (or SIF), but it turns out you actually work for ascaron. Nice :cow_white:.

And like you say it, if you work on a game all day long, and still find the joy to play it... Even without the great community at this point, then it MUST be worth my while.

I might give GW a try ... But not too sure.

when is it coming out, and is there like a D.a.r.k clan there? With all the peeps at this forum, or just random people that will make clans, and I'll see where I end up? (or guilds, you get my drift).

Grtz, prom