Comparing Sacred Armor sets to sets from other games

Hey guys!

I'm curious. After playing Requiem for quite a while now, I've come to love the huge assortments of Armor that Sacred offered. Requiem does have some nice sets...but not enough, while I do think their sets are quite good looking. Just wish there were more, and do enjoy the variety it offers for making builds.

Sacred, I just look at what it had...the selection just drops me. There were no real armor sets in GW that offered bonuses, though there were a ton that all changed the looks. I know Vanity Sets are neat...but after a while you sort of crave an armor set that will actually allow you build out your toon differently.

I'm curious now about WOW and LOTR sets. How do those games Armor sets compare to the ones offered in Sacred? Or are there other game Armor Sets that look and have greater stats to add with more variety?

:sigh:

gogo

well cant help you with that question, was not playing the other games, but I just came to an opinion thx to your contemplation :sigh:

sure, the sets in sacred and all the statistic are involved in creating your builds. I would like to make it even more true. for examples sets that will change the behavior of cambat arts... or allow you to use other combat arts. I have ideas but I`ll leave it to your phantasy and imagination.

it could even get funny... like making contests who can do some workable build out of some starange property that would teleport you bit back when you are hit... imagine a mob of archers shooting on you :lol:...

My memories from playing Diablo 2 were tinged with regret that sets don't increase in power at all like they scale with Sacred. Sets felt like an afterthought in D2 with unique and runeworded gear the normal equipment. I played a character using the Arctic furs set in D2. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's a Bow Amazon set that adds cold damage from arrow attacks. It was a decent build with a LOT of my damage coming from elemental bonuses and not the physical damage from the bow. It's still probably viable from Normal to the end of Nightmare with the latest patch. I was able to get the toon to the Barbarian mountains on Hell difficulty before stopping on version 1.09

Interesting what you just said there about sets in Diablo, DaveO. Sacred is SO about sets. Once you get to know the mechanics... it pretty much becomes all about first picking your set...and then optimizing it.

In fact...I wouldn't even think it was possible to build an uber toon WITHOUT first choosing a set. The idea of losing out on all the bonuses is scary. This was/is a big part of this game, and It was sad seeing it not done as well in Guild Wars, and especially in Requiem, where you only had a "general" set for a class at a specific level.

When I look at the huge number of sets available for Sacred, I realize just how much content this game really has. Not bad for a five year old game.

:)

gogo

There are quite a few armor sets in WoW. All geared towards different purposes, PvE PvP. There are caster sets melee sets for tanking and DPSing. Gear is a big part in alot you do. The Better the gear the better you preform. I wish it was the same way sacred was or say GW. where gear didn't matter as much as plain old skill. If you ever get curious about the gear and armor sets in WoW Gogo. WoWwiki has some good articles on them. But as for gear I am sure Requiem is the same way you have your dungeon sets, raiding sets and PvP sets.

I can say this though with WoW your raiding sets differ from your Dungeon sets. Which are totally different from the PvE sets.

In wow you have a tier system and right now we are at Tier 6 for raiding and dungeon sets

PvP sets go by seasons and the highest season we have atm is Season 4.

But all this is supposed to change with the new expansion set to come out in Nov.

Nice

I'd thought Sacred was the leader with sets... course I shoulda known better with WOW hangin around huh :D

Thanks for the info, EM. I'll definitely take a look at the WOW wiki

:P

gogo