Faster FireFox

Anestty

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, myself and some others have started to notice a slow down trying to access Dark Matters and in some cases other sites.

It probably has nothing to do with the settings we have changed by following the advice in this thread but......

....is there an easy way to reset all these changes back to the default settings or do I have to reread everything in this thread and manually delete the changes?

Just so I can compare my speed :D

stubbs

Edited by stubbie
  • 3 weeks later...
Okay, myself and some others have started to notice a slow down trying to access Dark Matters and in some cases other sites.

It probably has nothing to do with the settings we have changed by following the advice in this thread but......

....is there an easy way to reset all these changes back to the default settings or do I have to reread everything in this thread and manually delete the changes?

Just so I can compare my speed :)

stubbs

Sorry for delay in answering here - I have been somewhat AFK.

Easiest way is start FireFox in safe mode - you do this by going to Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox >> Safe Mode

When you open you will be prompted to return to original settings -

You can also go to run and type %appdata% and hit enter

A folder will open. Move the whole folder called Mozilla to another location and restart Firefox. It will have all the default settings. If you want to swap back, simply copy the original folder back to the same location. Hope this helps :yay:

Edited by Anestty

Just so you know, this appears to be the manual way of doing what FasterFox does, because my friend who has fasterfox was going to do this, but when he had a look, everything had already been done

:)

~Doom