Error #9 - File: d:\projects\sacred2.demo\sacred2\source\game\sacred2.cpp

Error #9 - File: d:\projects\sacred2.demo\sacred2\source\game\sacre d2.cpp

Well I haven't seen gogo in a couple hours now that he's playing the demo, lol.

The error he was having was due to an oversight during the installation of the audio driver. The driver download comes as a zip file and within it are several different installers. 4 actually. 1 main Setup, 1 XP 32 Setup, 1 XP 64 Setup and 1 Vista Setup. Initially I had installed using the Main Setup which likely was causing the problem. Some time later I tried the Vista Setup and everything worked fine afterwards. Each Setup is placed in a different folder and I instinctively used the Main Setup thinking that it would auto detect the OS and choose the proper installation but it doesn't.

For those installing a Realtek HD Audio Driver be very careful that you choose the correct OS type Setup.exe from the driver folder you download. Attached is a screenshot of the driver downloads folder. You can see that there is a Setup.exe from the main folder but for gogo's Vista pc I went into the Vista folder you see in the screenshot and ran the Setup.exe that is in there.

It's a simple and easy thing to overlook and so I wanted to point it out to others. Hope that helps a few people.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3379/driverfm3.jpg

Great idea to make a thread about this Brad. With this documented, maybe others can be helped who had problems like I did with the sound drivers.

Again, thanks Schot for the four hours you spent on this for me.

:D

gogo

• 1 year later...