D.a.r.k Sacred 2 Podcast

Well, being a personal fan of podcasts, I would like to propose a D.a.r.k Sacred2 Podcast.

I haven't made any concrete plans yet, but before I do anything like that, I would like to know if anyone is up for helping with this.

The actual podcasts would have to consist of 2-3 people each time (for conversations, prefereably weekly, or twice a month), and occasional guests from the world of Sacred.

I know just about zero from voice editting software and the likes, but I am sure we are amoungst some technical geniusses around here :D.

I did some quick checking of the itunes system, and we can (costfree) upload our podcasts, and make em available for everyone who wants to hear em (allso, free of charge).

The general idea (so no details, or certain issues yet, just my rough idea outlining).

Every week, or every 2 weeks we get 2-3 people to talk about sacred.

Are there any handy, must-read topics somewhere on sacred forums? Have new characters that are note-worthy entered any ladders, new guids, secret area's?, patches and the likes... Pretty much anything concerning the larger Sacred 2 community will be reported and discussed.

If we find people with microphones, we can put interviews, or guest-conversations in them.

example: Gogo makes a uber 1337 awesome fallen seraph, so we let him discuss his guide in the podcast, and devote another 10 minutes or so revelling in how marvelous the seraphim is, and how it defines sacred and whatnot.

Perhaps some support from people at the official forums could help us a long way.

carolyn would maybe be able to help us, and make sure we break no legal issues and whatnot, a forum mod could keep a close eye on the forums, wolfe might be able to assist with any handy information being dispatched to her site and so forth ...

All in all, I figure at least 4-6 people will have to put in (rather small, considering) amounts of effort into a podcast. But I think we can do this :D.

It would benefit the community, and make us even more close-knitted I think.

In this topic I would like to see some input. You think this is worth trying? Worst idea ever?

Would you listen? Would you help? Do you think I need professional help ?

Anything on yer stomach about a podcast Idea... Drop it in this topic.

Grtz, prom

It's a great idea Prom!

Fresh, new, cutting edge... The D.a.r.k style!

As you mentioned it has the capacity to motivate peeps, and this would be something fun and new to do. The only thing right now, is that I don't have the game :D . And it's only slated for release for us in North America on Nov 7th. As well, I've always seen myself as having three main functions that always take precedence.

1-Accountability to the DarkMatters forum community.

2-Accountability to our D.a.r.k Clan (adminning and game playing )

3-Accountability to the SacredWiki

Right now, for example, we're still waiting for the game...but data-mining just the demo is taking up between 3-4 hours of my time daily. Of course...I do like the ideas of vacations...and doing something like you're suggesting sounds like a good break.

I'm thinking time lines here.

We're currently in a strange predicament with the Copy Protection of Sacred 2. I know it's turned some of our members off, and a lot of folks here in North America in the D.a.r.k clan are a little non-plussed with all of the delay. I'm thinking it's going to be a few weeks after the Nov 7th release date before we're sure of clan numbers and, in fact, how much of a real, new sacred 2 community we have. Once we have that "feel" we'll have more peeps who would be interested in the pod casts, making them, as well as having material to talk about.

So, yes I like the idea...but I'm also afraid that at least until December, I'm pretty sure that most of my spare time is going to be taken up with those three responsibilities of mine which can be taxing, even on the easy days :D

I'm hoping though that you get your game sooner than us, and I'm hoping that seeing at least what you're able to do will motivate me as well. I've always liked voice work, and doing something like this...I've gotta say sounds very fresh...and our community has always tried to keep itself up on the newest ideas regarding gang motivations, our site, and this game.

I've talked to Brad about this. If the podcast team needs resources, space here on the site, space on the SacredWiki...anything like that, we'd be honored to supply that.

Cheers!

:cry:

gogo

Well in Belgium it was supposed to come out on 6th of october, but it's delayed until the 17th (hoping it wont delay any more then this).

In any case, regardless of when people would get their games, I wouldn't see it possible to make any podcast before 2009. Both on content (how much can you say about a game you had for 2 days? nothing new at least, nothing worth listening too.)

A technical point of view is one of the things not to be underestimated. We would need people to invest time in editting it, perhaps an intro sound?

I made some contacts, IGN-ESPORTS, multigaming clanwould be willing to set up a weekly (or permanent) high quality ventrillo or teamspeak for us to use, so that we can at least maintain a high-quality internet connection.

The casts would need content, and the people weekly involved would have to do some 'research' around the topic of that week, and make sure they know what they are talking about.

We would have to make sure word gets around. A podcast that no-one knows of wouldn't be any good.

I am sure this list can be completed with at least a few more items.

But this topic is mainly ment to check if the community would be open to this, and if that would be the case, we would have to work on making things possible.

If the first podcast could be uploaded, and of enough quality (both content, as audio-quality and whatnot), by the 1st of january, I would consider it a very very quick date.

Personally halfway januari, beginning of february seems like a more realistic date to me :4rofl:.

and like you mention, people have to make sure they can fit the podcasting into their scedule. As much as I would like to see D.a.r.k Icons like gogo, wolfe, llama, ari-laftia and a tonn of other people in the weekly podcasts, I am aware that they allready have time-consuming roles in the community as it is.

But I am sure that we can find some people willing to invest time on this, but more important: is any1 interested in such a thing in the first place ?

It sounds like a very fun and creative idea Prom. Should we have an obituary segment? Haha. In the past that has actually been top news during Sacred UW. All those horror stories of how people lost their high level toons or like how when gogo died he was turned into a donkey. You ever get rid of that tail gogo? Oh wait no, it was worse than that. You were turned into an SC toon, hehehe.

Maybe a segment on the bizarre happenings within the game. We could even make up some crazy gossip. Oh I could go on and on, lol. Oh! maybe a Rumor Room? "Rumor has it that standing in a puddle of T-Energy can make you immortal!" Oh and a "Top Ten" kinda like what David Letterman does.

That would be a terrific thing I think and would definitely enjoy listening. :)

Have you made podcasts before Prom?