Kamikaze and my future

DaveO

12 members have voted

1. 1. Shall the Sacred 1 Kamikaze Sundays continue?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was created by D.A.R.K, and thus D.A.R.K is the only one that can end it

The last two weeks have seen no action from other members, which I can fully understand. I'd like to put the future of Sacred 1 Kamikaze Sundays to a vote, and would prefer as much participation on the vote as possible.

As for my future gaming, I still am going thru a Wing Commander replay that will be starting up with Prophecy soon. After that, I'll do Wing Commander 1 and StarLancer missions. Past that point I'll likely go to Guild Wars and finish a character that I created. I don't think I'll do the expansions. As far as Sacred 2 goes, I'll likely wait for the inevitable expansion before buying the game.

Interesting question.

On the one hand, I would like the kami to continue as I'm sure that it will eventually move over to Sacred 2.

On the other hand it must be a bit annoying to start the thing up every week and sit there for half an hour alone.

I plan to try to be there next weekend. This weekend is my youngests 4th birthday so we had other places to be but next weekend is not a problem to be there for kami of some sort...

I would hate to see the kami's go, expecially when it's dying like this.

However, doing my master scholarship and having a little job on the side has put quite some stress during normal weekdays on the amount of time I can spend socializing with my friends and my girlfriend. Weekends are a time of relaxing and socializing, with Sunday being a day I have to do some studying for Monday. Adding to that, I spend the most of the time I have free in the weekends with my friends. Therefore, I haven't been able to come out and play at the Kami's lately, because either A) I'm not at home; B) I got company; or C) I'm busy studying. Don't get me wrong, Kami's have given me the most fun I had online in Sacred for the past 2-3 years, but changing times and changing situations have lead for me to change some of my hobbies and habits, and not being able to join everyone on the Kami's has become one of the results of that change.

As for everyone venturing into Sacred II, yeah that's most likely what will happen. Too bad that I have such little time on my hands, it could take me weeks and probably even months to finish SP. I will get the game though. Eventually? And I will be back in MP. Eventually.

To end this all: I find it really hard to cast a vote. For me, the Kami Sundays have probably ended. And since you are getting lonesome out there, with noone else to go out and slaughter with, I think that it may be close to an ending for you as well. However, I really hate to see the Kami's go. My vote will probably go to the last option. If D.a.r.k leaves the Kami's completely, then others are welcome to start them again. However, it was D.a.r.k who started them, and with no members of the clan out there, well, to me then there's no true Kami anymore. So I would leave it up to our members. If there are members of D.a.r.k still at the Kami's, they will still live on to see another Sunday.

Edited by Timotheus

Yup, times are definitely changing. We had a most amazing run with this event and I loved it dearly. I think I would have to agree that the time I spent in the Kamikaze Sundays was my most favorite. We did sooo much. It was a first for many things and much laughter. :P But what I think I appreciated most was that it was always with people I knew I was going to have fun with. People/Players I trusted. The gift giving was amazing to see. Aaaall those glittering piles of cool items on the island, the forging, the runes, the traders who would shop for those who didn't have trading... Now that I think of it the first hour just on the island each week was an event in of itself, lol.

All those great aspects considered I think in Sacred 2 there is definitely a place for the Kamikaze Sundays. A necessity in fact. In Sacred UW the Kami began while there was already a community wealth in place. With Sacred 2 we're all starting off poor and could really use help from eachother. Not only that but in Sacred 2 there are going to be a lot of players who are unaccustomed to our gaming etiquette which may cause, ummm, complications. heh. So the Kami may also prove to be a weekly haven.

For Sacred UW I do believe the Kamikaze Sundays have achieved it's goal and may come to an end. I know many of us have very fond, and gut busting!, memories of the weekly occasion and although it's sad to see something so fun come to an end I am confident we'll see it re-incarnated soon.

To the UW Kamikaze Sundays I bid you a very fond farewell and an even fonder... See you soon. :)

Big time thank you to everyone who took care of the Kamikaze when I could not. Erialc, Arilaftia, ganto and DaveO thank you so much for the time you gave setting up servers and maintaining that level of insanity we all expect from the Kamikaze. :viking:

Big love to everyone I got to play with during the Kami's. There were sooo many people who came to this event and you all made it painfully fun. *Recalls many near death moments from laughing too much* :viking:

Cheers to everyone and I hope to see EVERYONE in Sacred 2 as soon as possible. Yes, you have to. No, you don't have a choice. :woot:

P.s.

If you never had a chance to experience and are wondering what this is all about then by all means check out:

The Kamikaze Sunday Generations

Well since I can't 'kill' the Kami, I'll do the usual Sunday session. Perhaps with the interest in Sacred 2, there may be more interest in the original and Underworld. Besides, it's not like I'm getting a copy of Sacred 2 any time soon. You may see me around in Sacred 2 after a while(most likely a year or longer). Enjoy your adventures, and feel free to stop by if you ever feel a need to revisit.

Edited by DaveO
  • 5 months later...

we had a kami farewell the weekend before they shut down the closed servers. For my part, I really don't play MP Sacred/Underworld anymore, just SP.

And Sil -- Kami is already alive and well for Sacred 2 -- albeit on the EU servers. But that's where you are, isn't it?