SIF turning into a zoo

I was checking out all the new posts at the SIF today. This takes much longer than it used to because pressing the new post button usually rewards me with 5 to 7 pages of new posts.

So I sift through the new posts looking for:

1. New information on Sacred 2 toons
  2. New information on Sacred 2 combat arts
  3. New comments from CH letting me know she finished reading 'Sorrow Chronicles'....ahem....

So what do I notice? Are there any patterns or themes playing out in the new posts? Shall I make another list?

1. Ascaron has, once again it seems, kept a lot of important information to itself. Players are forced to experiment and therefore waste a lot of time creating weak toons that will either die or be deleted. Good.
  2. Sacred 2 has it's fair share of bugs that may or may not be related to hardware. If I were rich I would just buy the Dell 730--I'm sure that would play the game with no issues.
  3. The SIF has a few.....um....new members that I hope not to meet on the servers.

There is one in particular who is going on and on about owning a pirated copy of the game. I've already warned him as has lady P. But I fear that the two of us have just been guilty of feeding the trolls.

Man, when I finally get the $5000 for a stock 730 with 30 wide screen monitor, I hope you guys are still playing and those guys are not.

I'm with you on this one... I also read that post with the guy and his pirated copy that's oh so unhappy with the game. Gimme a break ! It might not be long before all the arrogant and unhappy players to stop playing, which will then leave it over to the more dedicated and polite players ?

I haven't come across this thread yet so I will have a look-see. I'm amazed that any thread discussing pirated copies is allowed anyway :D

There are a lot of negative posts in the SIF atm but that's always the case.

The people that are not having issues usually don't post that fact ;)

Sacred 2 has bugs for sure, but my own personal experience is that none are show stoppers.

Yesterday I was able to play for 4 hours straight without any problem.

The lack of feedback from Ascaron about stats/builds/game mechanics is to be expected.

Its up to players to discover all that stuff. Some people actually enjoy finding that out and posting it and to those ppl I thank you :bow:

Besides, I might just happen to make some sort of weird illogical build that actually works all by myself. :4rofl:

stubbs

Been many years since I've seen the SIF this busy. These are great times though, it's all of the communities all crammed into one place, with everyone yelling, making noise, relating discoveries...good stuff ^^

And...heh, the North American players haven't even entered the scene yet...

When they do, and if the game is well placed for sales... I expect it to be a minimum of double the posts going up.

:D

gogo

I think SIF is currently too busy whit all topics. Too much threads and hard to find ones you are interested in. New posts button has allways been really nice, but now when I see 7 pages of similar threads, I couldn't care less to read them. I bet I miss lot of good info, but better than spending all day reading all threads..

I liked how things were back in Plus times, when SIF had active community where allmost everyone knew each other and we could focus on different interesting things the game could offer us. Now when I look at SIF, I only see newbies whit "I know all" attitude and other newbies who are looking for help. It makes me feel like outsider, so I won't post as much there anymore.. but I hope it gets better at some point.

The main thing bothering me, and something I've commented on already, is the amount of NON-English threads showing up on a search. I really hate the fact that I have to go through at least 3-4 pages a day with threads in languages I don't understand anyway.

There still is no response. I'm staying away from the SIF because of this.

I've posted my goodbye thread just now.

THERE IS NOW. The links on the main index page give only English results. Anyway, I'm a happy camper again... :D

Edited by Timotheus
The lack of feedback from Ascaron about stats/builds/game mechanics is to be expected.

Its up to players to discover all that stuff. Some people actually enjoy finding that out and posting it and to those ppl I thank you :4rofl:

Besides, I might just happen to make some sort of weird illogical build that actually works all by myself. :D

stubbs

I'm with you here. But I do think that there should be a text file included with the game that gives the details. Sort of a safety cushion for those that want to play without having to get a degree in Sacred game mechanics...lol.

I know that I have put enough time into S1 experimentation to merrit an A.A., and schot is a B.A.

But once I have the game, I will play through the story line once and then start thinking up strange builds. Just need a constant but damaging buff and a weapon with a chance of shooting fireballs or something.

As for the post I mentioned, I was going to link to it but it seems that it was deleted. I did report it last night, perhaps others did as well.

Edited by Silearth

All I can say is Ooooh boy the staff must be spinning in circles. :4rofl: They have a ton of work to do not just with the SIF but also with their own sites PLUS beta testing. That said I think the SIF will remain a bit hectic for a while. Just too much work for them to do I think. I did happen to read that topic of Shadex's and for those who also read it you'll be happy to know that he has been, umm, "removed" from the SIF.

It's to be expected though. Bran spanking new game = Mass hysteria. :D I'm sure things will work themselves out eventually. I hope!

Gotta say I loooove the fact that Ascaron doesn't spill the beans. Looking forward to acquiring a Masters. ^^

As for the post I mentioned, I was going to link to it but it seems that it was deleted. I did report it last night, perhaps others did as well.

Correct - we got lots of reports about that person, and now that person is no longer part of the SIF community. Feeding the trolls (telling them in thread that they shouldn't post something) never helps, reporting the post is the fastest way to get garbage that shouldn't be there removed - everyone on the staff is notified then, so the first available person can take care of it.

Yes, the SIF is a different place these days. I've been trying to brace people for it, but unless you were there shortly after S1 was released you can't really understand - and that was long enough ago that it's hard to remember even if you were there.

I just posted something for the community there that will hopefully give old and new members a greater understanding of each other, and our plans for the community.

Silearth you opened a big topic about needing a monster PC to run a game this day. And I said a game and not Sacred 2 since this is not a problem for Sacred 2 but all the games out there. The Golden days of the new PC game that doesnt require a monster to be played are long dead and they are not coming back. I think this days if the programmers teams makes a great game that can be played on an average PC will lose there jobs in a hart beat. :D

As for the SIF well dont know whats happening and dont plan to stop by any time soon got all I need here and got Gogo to bring and screen new people to FDM. :4rofl:

Last but not least when I get the game I will be spending most time in game! :bow:

P.S.: The Sif can always get extra moderators to help out there are tons of great people in the sacred community.

I saw that post... what a character ^^

And Carolyn, the new post feature that Timo was talking about regarding only being able to pick up posts in English... very sharp. It really helps. Well, I've got to say that I'm still getting a huge kick out of all the posts and excitement happening over at the SIF. It's certainly different, but we've always had a great mod team, and I feel confident that everything will feel "new-normal" soon enough. It's because everyone's so excited, and this all goes to promoting a great game, and getting more peeps on the servers as well.

:woot:

gogo

so if SIF is a zoo what does that make us? *lol* the circus or the carnivale? :woot:

I always kinda thought of FDM as a retreat from the boredom of normalcy. Home of the mad scientists of sacred. So more of an asylum.

And on that theme, I once spent a great deal of thought on the possibility of generating a divide overflow with creative socketing(not one of my better ideas and it proved impossible. Although I was able to crash my computer at work by taking my calendar to the year 1 and then clicking the back arrow once more. It's a wonder I can even function in the outside world)