NOOOOOOOO

The first disk doesn't work in my dvddrive :woot: I cannot plaaaaay!!

The gods are evil...

:viking:

OMG!!...........death to the disk makers!

fighting5rs.gif

Can you access the contents of the disk at all?

Can you try the disk in someone else's pc?

Some more info and perhaps we can help. :P

I hope you got the game locally :viking:

stubbs

Can you access the contents of the disk at all?

Only of the second disk. The first disk turns up completely blank.

Can you try the disk in someone else's pc?

Yeah I can, I'll try tomorrow morning...

I hope you got the game locally :woot:

Yes though it's not a lot of help. There's a 24 hour trading policy with software there.

Yes though it's not a lot of help. There's a 24 hour trading policy with software there.

Even for software that's not working 'cause the disk appears to be blank (ie, not fit for purpose)? In the UK, you should be able to take it back to the shop & swap it for another copy. Or at the very lease, threaten the store manager with the Office of Fair Trading/Trading Standards...

GREAT. It works like a charm on the 7yr old dvd player in our "family pc".

My drive is 1,5yr old and it goes bananas. AAARGH. :woot:

Edited by Timotheus

No idea.

I think I'm gonna copy the dvd to my ext hdd with the family pc, and then plug the hdd into my pc and try installing it that way.

Still don't really understand what the problem is, but on the SIF I've seen similar reports showing up...

Edited by Timotheus
No idea.

I think I'm gonna copy the dvd to my ext hdd with the family pc, and then plug the hdd into my pc and try installing it that way.

Still don't really understand what the problem is, but on the SIF I've seen similar reports showing up...

And luckily the game doesn't need the disk to play after its installed and activated :)

stubbs

Yeah it's in English. Published by Deep Silver.

OK I cannot get the dvd copied to my external drive due to 2 problems:

- "error reading file"

- my external hdd doesn't work on that pc.

It looks like it's installing properly on that pc though. Also found out that these disks are VERY anti smudges, a little fingerprint stopped the disk from working.

Even though I've been waiting for it quite some time I'm ready to throw it out the window.

I'm almost as far as trying less legit ways of installing...

Edited by Timotheus

Okay Tim,

You said that the game looks like it can be installed on the other pc.

So can you take the dvd rom drive from that pc and put it into your pc?

Like I said before, once the game is installed you don't need to put the disk in every time to play so you can then put the old dvd rom back where it came from.

Keep in mind too that the install takes a long time.

I have a pretty up to date pc and the install took about 30 minutes.

At times I thought it had stopped but I just left it and eventually it continued.

Because you said the game seems to install okay on another pc I'm sure the disks are good.

We just have to work out why your pc is having a prob.

Posting a dxdiag would certainly not do any harm. :)

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

Managed to get it installed, finally!

I got my sister to borrow me her laptop, put in the disk > YAY it works > tried copying the first dvd > YAY it worked > copied the files to my external drive > loaded the installation > shoot a graphics03.pak error > where's that file at anyway > second dvd inserted > still the same error > AAARGH > cancel installation > copied files of second disk to the same folder as the first disk > installating > finally I'm done > patch or no patch > browsywowsy, readyweady > ah heck I'll just play...

• 4 weeks later...

After a lot of hesitation I took a shot at flashing my dvd-drive and guess what: it worked perfectly.

Crossflashed my OEM LiteOn drive with suitable genuine LiteOn firmware and did a firmware update. Sacred 2 discs are happy. So am I. :cow_white:

Edited by Timotheus