Sacred 2 Forging/Socketing Guide

• 2 weeks later...

And a very nice guide indeed gogo. That should be of great use to players both new and vet. Any chance of having a list of the Blacksmith Arts bonuses for each server difficulty? That would make a cool addition.

I remember in Sacred Plus when I would sometimes have my Niobium character socket Niobium Blacksmith Arts into equipment for my Bronze character. I wonder if we can do that in Sacred 2...

• 4 months later...

I believe Spyrus meant that in 2.02 or 2.12 there were relics that also improved the blacksmith skill. I have a vague memory having something like that.

But was it a relic or a ring? That was quite some time ago :)

Edited by Dobri

Yes ^^ relic that are + to a general skill. In wiki page it is right ...

I cannot find relic with + blacksmith in-game...

I cannot think a reason for some general skills (also alchemy) that do not have +skill in relics.

Ahh, I see what you're asking. And you're right, you can't find plus black smith skills on relics in game

It must be their attempt at balance? When trying to pump my smith levels, I usually stick to General Skills or All skills rings. Though... with new patch coming out, All skills rings are going to be different

:blink:

gogo

Yes , the thing here is the thing you said 'It must be their attempt at balance?' ...

Since I got with TG first time the Blacksmith skill I then saw that I cannot level it up like Enhanced Perception or Bargaining.

Is Blacksmith/Alchemy overpowered? (I do not think so)

I don't think so as well. It was overpowered before, when you could have a friend socket something wickedly strong in a level 1 item with a few sockets for you and get you off on the right foot... a quite powerful foot that was :blink: That was eliminated.

Maybe they didn't want some 20-30th level chars being able to do what high level chars can do at their level. Basically, at level 25-30 you can have a temporary mastery in blacksmithing if you get the proper set items and socket them heavily with + all skills rings and amulets (even in the bronze sockets thanks to the BSmith skill).

Still, there is a maximum level of the "workable" item, which is based in the skill level (and the char level I suppose). Even with a lot of + all skills or + general skills, a level 30 char may not be able to work items that are 120+, for example. So I see nothing imbalanced here.

Edited by Dobri

I hope it will be fixed then, since I do not want to put points in that skill,

but raise only by +all skills or some unique jewelery I have found.

What about alchemy? (Is this so useless Dobri like Divine Devotion)?

There are items in game that have stats based upon alchemy, so boosting it would improve those items. Otherwise it looks like it just makes potions last longer. So the recovery potion, mentor potion, concentration or undead death will have longer effect, I suppose. Does not appear to me to be a really valuable place to put skill points, though.

Ahh, good ole Alchemy. If you build out with it, you can probably do very well. You'd just have to build from the ground up. Think of where alchemy would be absolutely needed, and the build springs into mind.

Left click builds anyone...no Combat Arts? ^^

I actually ran with the Alchemy Knight for a few levels, but at that time, I hadn't seen all the Combat Arts play out yet, so shelved it for a while until I got my fill of magical Combat Arts.

Antitrust has written a fantastic article on what Alchemy and Trophies supply here on the wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Alchemy

Click on the Trophies link on that page and enjoy the read

:butcher:

gogo

Well what is missed here is some tricks, especially in early levels where +all skills are hard to find.

If you know other tricks please post

First of all, I think the 'enhanced' is not right, something like that is appropriate:

1. Enhance

* -%regen time

* +% chance for critical hits

1)Sharpen +% elemental (fire,ice,etc) damage ring.

That will give bonuses to all elemental damage like putting a second 'sharpen' in the same slot.

2)Harden + % elemental (fire,ice,etc) armor ring

That will give bonuses to all elemental armor like putting a second 'sharpen' in the same slot.

3)Play with the sockets to see which combination will give you more percentage.

Edited by Spyrus
  • 3 months later...

This guide is all fine and dandy but... as a beginner, I'd wish for a bit more info.

I would, most importantly, like to know the following:

1. what are the differences between:

- a char with 0 smith skill forging a +10 all skills ring into an item

- a char with 200 smith skill forging a +10 all skills ring into an item

Both of this instances are in the same difficulty levels, and by characters with the same character level

2. what are the differences between:

- a char socketing a +10 all skills ring into an item using a niobium/platinum blacksmith

- a char socketing a +10 all skills ring into an item using a silver blacksmith (ignoring the fact that it might be impossible, thanks to game mechanics, to have the same char in both these differences)

I for one think that this is, at least for me, important information which I was looking forward to read in the guide.

This guide is all fine and dandy but... as a beginner, I'd wish for a bit more info.

I would, most importantly, like to know the following:

1. what are the differences between:

- a char with 0 smith skill forging a +10 all skills ring into an item

- a char with 200 smith skill forging a +10 all skills ring into an item

Both of this instances are in the same difficulty levels, and by characters with the same character level

forge with smith skill=0 is impossible

forge with smith skill=1-200 you'll get +10 all skills if you use a silver slot

forge with smith skill=1-200 you'll get +11 all skills if you use a gold slot

2. what are the differences between:

- a char socketing a +10 all skills ring into an item using a niobium/platinum blacksmith

- a char socketing a +10 all skills ring into an item using a silver blacksmith (ignoring the fact that it might be impossible, thanks to game mechanics, to have the same char in both these differences)

I for one think that this is, at least for me, important information which I was looking forward to read in the guide.

never test this, but why you wish to use a silver smith? +10 you can only get in niob (~level 140)

I don't think a silver blacksmith can do this work

you need 75 points in smith. the values (defense/Damage) ONLY increase with your characterlvl

more points are useful, if you wish to remove rings/amus (better % chance to get them back)

The numbers I've used were purely for the example, round numbers to make the maths simpler. :)

I wouldn't, for instance, socket something in silver if I could in niobium, but I wanted to know what the difference were.

Also, when I mention smith skill 0, I mean forging at a blacksmith. ;)

I mean, I still don't understand a good reason to use a skill point for smithing. Chance not to lose items isn't that important to me. :) (Although it might be later on when I get better items :P)

Anyway, your reply has cleared some questions for me, so thank you! :)

I mean, I still don't understand a good reason to use a skill point for smithing.

two reasons to choose smithing :P :

Ordal Lvl140 (first player in niob....11/2008)

defense 62%

damage 41,5%

So the blacksmith arts?

Is there any other thing of importance which improves with the level? For instance, is it ever possible to socket a +10% CTFV ring into a item and obtain +20% CTFV?

So the blacksmith arts?

Is there any other thing of importance which improves with the level? For instance, is it ever possible to socket a +10% CTFV ring into a item and obtain +20% CTFV?

no :P

;)

Well, thank you for the new info! :P

I might make a smith, although... I kind of keep thinking that a smith is of lesser importance than an item hunter and a bargainer. :)

It makes sense to have a smith helping out melee characters, I guess, though. :)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so I've just started playing, and I'm in Sloefield (or whatever it's called), and my character is level 7. My weapon has a grey slot, and I have a damage modifier thing in the misc. section of the inventory, but when I go to the blacksmith there, he says I have nothing to forge. So how do I put the damage modifier in my weapon?