Sacred 2 Forging/Socketing Guide

The gray sockets can only hold damage modifiers, ice crystals, lava chunks, etc, they will be in your misc items below the list of runes. Bronze slots can hold the blacksmith arts, silver can hold rings and gold can hold anything.

Seems pretty easy to understand I.e. get yourself a nice shiny piece of amour with lovely sockets, go to a Blacksmith with your jewellery in hand and so on... However, I never get the option to socket rings and amulets, just runes and jewels. I assume that I'm missing something fairly obvious here? I currently have bronze, silver and gold sockets (all unused obviously), yet still no dice. I'm level 18 in case that makes a difference.

Any help for this noob would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Edited by BlackJAC
  • 2 weeks later...

Smiths are the same level at every town. It's the level that you're in that will determine the quality of the smithing they are able to offer you. A Gold level Smither, for example, will offer higher level runes than a Silver level one.

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to trouble you so but Im new to the game so I don't know what some of the terms mean:

what do you mean by sockets and forge?

and If I buy the armour with good defense it increases my regeneration time.

Thanks again

R33vO:)

• 11 years later...

Do armors have the damage type socket? I swear I had a piece of armor with that socket but I sold it. Now I keep looking for armor with damage type socket.

Or was I just imagining stuff and this is impossible to exist in the game?

27 minutes ago, Neemis said:

Do armors have the damage type socket? I swear I had a piece of armor with that socket but I sold it. Now I keep looking for armor with damage type socket.

Or was I just imagining stuff and this is impossible to exist in the game?

In my case I cannot remember any armour with a damage type socket. Every armour that I have during this 13 years (god dang the time passes very fast) had the B/S/G sockets. 

• Like! 1

In my case I never found any armour with damage socket (at least not with my multiple sw) if there is any who has it I maybe sold it cause the stats or the level of the item are not relevant for me on that moment (specially when I have the full armantin set on my hands with the 10 delicious gold sockets)

• 10 months later...

Are there guides on where to find different damage socket items? Over been looking for the ice crystal for a few days. The enemies aren’t dropping them and no merchant/smith:/other selling them.

I’m in the desert at level 33 right now.

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, majorgear said:

Are there guides on where to find different damage socket items? Over been looking for the ice crystal for a few days. The enemies aren’t dropping them and no merchant/smith:/other selling them.

I’m in the desert at level 33 right now.

Hi Major, great seeing you on the forums! When we get questions like this it always makes me want to spread sheet out all kinds of valuable items and perhaps heat map them to the races of ancaria to be able to create a hunters map of how to get to specific drop items quickly. 

As Androdion mentions, that ghost are was a highly hunted area for specific items that had  a higher chance to fall there... and even re trophies... this is connected to races, who also inhabit specific areas... again a great idea for a heat map. Off hand I dont remember which race or locale has the ice crystals,  but maybe someone will soon chime in.

:)

gogo