Sacred 2 - Skill and attribute gains chart

And a pic of the finished product by Schot:

skills-2.jpg

:drinks:

gogo

p.s. Madder, the numbers fill it out nicely, and Schot...really spectacular job you did with getting all the ingame pics of the skills in a table like that with explanations regarding how points needed before being able to open up the focus trees.

Hi guys, awesome work with wiki, first and only source of knowledge!

however there is one thing that bothers me - there are no gains above 150 level or there are +5 ones?

regards

I was wondering when that detail was gonna come and get me, lol. You have it exactly C4hir. The skill gain per level after 150 is +5, so far as we've seen. Now that you mention it I think I better add a final column of 200. Assuming level 200 is the highest level.

Welcome to Darkmatters C4hir :)

P.s.

The page has been updated.

Skills

Hey guys, thanks for the update and welcome words.

So lets make the next step - we have 916 skill points to spend:

Level Skill points formula Summary
1-4 (4-1)*1 3
5-11 (11-5+1)*2 14
12-24 (24-12+1)*3 39
25-49 (49-25+1)*4 100
50-150 (150-50+1)*5 505
150-200 (200-150+1)*5 255
Summary [/td][td=100]916

Is that correct dear Sirs?

The next questions that comes to my mind while planning my character is: is there a skill level cap? Can one spend 916 points to only one skill?

regards

[edit: corrected from 917 to 916 after Llama8's comment, thanks Llama8]

Edited by C4hir

Skills are capped to the character level, so if the max character level is ~200, that's the skill cap, though you should be able to boost that further by item mods.

Edit: Am I wrong, but, don't you start at level 1, so the first skill point you get is at level 2?

Aye Llama8, you are right. Thanks for that. Corrected to 916.

So skill cap is the same as CA cap and character level - each skill or CA can have up to 200 level without item modifiers.

Is above statement correct?

If it is - please update WIKI, because this information is required while planning characters and it is missing in WIKI.

I found dev comment about CA here: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...p;postcount=200.

I did not found any about skills, but we have the authority's comment.

regards,

Edited by C4hir

Tough question. I think the problem here is that we have yet to see a character reach that point where skills, Combat Arts or character level are maxing out. Best we can do at this point is wait and see what happens. Or ask a kind dev to tell us. Though they are intentionally vague most times, lol. Much in the way that Raimund_Lingen speaks:

Yes. In theory there is no limit on how much runes you can find or read in (except that 32-bit limit, or was it a 16-bit number? Can't tell from home...). But the effect of additional runes read in is lessened if your ability is too low.

Regards,

Ray

Note that he says there is no limit to runes you can find or read. When he says "effect of additional runes read is lessened..." he is meaning that it can and will happen that reading a rune will give you 0.1 of a CA level. In higher levels we may find it giving even less! In effect this will likely dictate a CA level cap of sorts.

I'll be working on maxing a character as soon as I can and hopefully many others. Should have the answers to those questions soon. :cow_white:

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, thanks for the update and welcome words.

So lets make the next step - we have 916 skill points to spend:

Level Skill points formula Summary
1-4 (4-1)*1 3
5-11 (11-5+1)*2 14
12-24 (24-12+1)*3 39
25-49 (49-25+1)*4 100
50-150 (150-50+1)*5 505
150-200 (200-150+1)*5 255
Summary [/td][td=100]916

Is that correct dear Sirs?

The next questions that comes to my mind while planning my character is: is there a skill level cap? Can one spend 916 points to only one skill?

regards

[edit: corrected from 917 to 916 after Llama8's comment, thanks Llama8]

You counted 1-4, 5-11, 12-24, 25-49, 50-150 and 150-200. The error is in counting 150 twice. The real total is 911 (plus 10 from selecting the skill itself, making 921)

Edited by Little Sara
  • 6 months later...
I noticed the info in the wiki was slightly off, I mapped out the skill and attribute gains if someone wants to add it to the wiki.

S2LevelProgression.jpg

let me start off by saying I'm only a lonely level 20 so don't smack me if I'm wrong :4rofl: , but in the wiki it say you get 906 skill points after all of the level ups but don't you get on skill point free when you select a new skill so that would be 10 additional skill points making it 916?

just wondering

Damn I just finished reading the whole post sorry :thumbsup::crazy::secret:

Edited by jae0713