Sacred 2 Combat Art Modifications Revealed

I accounted for that... because of having to deal with it:

Skills are 1+ Skill%, equipment regeneration factors are 1 - value (be it from armor penalty or the odd -xx.x%)

Buffs are 1 - Penalty, and the aspect mods (the yellow modifiers on gears and the unique mount) are 1 + value.

I'm not sure where grand invigoration falls, I haven't used it recently enough to remember whether the numbers on it are obvious or not. You just take it and combine it with a 1 either +/- so that a 100% reduction via the Buff sums up to 2. (when working with that basic 1). It's how it worked in S1 and how it works in Sacred 2 (I've tested that aspect enough to be certain of that much)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will test my HE to see if the numbers are true or false (regarding not adding to general -regen bonus). However, certain stuff does have seperate entities in the formula. Take Combat Discipline as an example, it's 10% (20% with mastery) is added after everything, meaning that the bonus it provides is solid. This skill has become my favourite actually :)

I will test my HE to see if the numbers are true or false (regarding not adding to general -regen bonus). However, certain stuff does have seperate entities in the formula. Take Combat Discipline as an example, it's 10% (20% with mastery) is added after everything, meaning that the bonus it provides is solid. This skill has become my favourite actually :)

There is a penalty for using Combat Discipline: execution speed is not faster per the Lore skill when spell is used in a combo.

Though the damage bonus is applied to it in or out of combo, which is the good part.

Some VERY interesing stuff in the balance.txt file :)

DurationDot = 500,

DurationLongDebuff = 3000,

DurationShortDebuff = 1000,

DurationStun = 300,

DurationPulse = 150,

NICE!

Interesting facts:

Base regen malus for special mounts: 50%

Base regen malus for normal horses: 30%

Chance for rune drop to be for your class: 40%

Chance for item drop to be for your class: 70%

You need to be 5 secs out of combat for normal regeneration to kick in.

Max speed is 150

Min speed is 50

PvP does only 20% of the normal damage

Mount dies if your hp goes below 5%!

Mount gains 30% more xp!

Healing Pots cooldown is 5 sec (you gain less if you drink within 5 sec)

Edited by Azmodael

Oh that is VERY interesting Azmodeal. :P On that first bit does it translate like so? :)

DurationDot = 5 seconds,

DurationLongDebuff = 30 seconds,

DurationShortDebuff = 1 second,

DurationStun = 3 seconds,

DurationPulse = 1.5 seconds,

The rest of the numbers you put are amazing facts. Would explain quite a few things and it's cool to know they are intended rather than speculation on whether they're bugs. The health pot penalty and horse death for example. Good to know that the horse goes before we do. Sorry horsey. :D

Thanx! :drool:

Nice info Azmodael :)

So the mounts having 50% malus is not a bug...

Wait, how come the aspect mounts have only ~30% malus to the aspect?

I don't think this being in the file says its not a bug, it tells you how it works now, not how it should work.

Aspect mounts have full malus then have a 33.3% improvement to the regeneration of that aspect, so the math gets complex.

If the Troll Shaman vendor on mount island's wares malus matched the one when the mount is actually owned, it would be an improvement, wether it ends up being +30 or +50% generation of all combat arts (not that it matters much for a horse, since you can't even access your own combat arts or use buffs).

Higher Riding skill DOES decrease the penalty, it can even decrease it below the base value of 50%. My 23 level Seraphim is Riding a 27 level Tiger. Her riding skill is level 5, which allows for riding a 28 level Tiger without penalty. My 27 level mount currently shows regen pelanty of 44.7%. And just now I noticed the entry in the Wiki. Noob me, well done unknown editor :). However, as you can see, it also affects special mount malus, not just normal horse.

After equipping a +2 Riding shard Ride increased to 7, which in turn increased maximum level Tiger ridden without penalty to level 30 AND decreased regeneration malus to 42.00%

Edited by Azmodael

Unfortunately it turns out that the mount is leveling with you (at least on closed), so you always start at approximately the base penalty (which cannot be brought down even with 200+ Riding).

Still, based on my testing, the aspect specific mounts don't give the full 50% malus to that aspect, but rather a value close to the bonus. The combat art regeneration timer (of that aspect) is therefore almost unaffected (at least it does not increase as it would with a full 50% penalty).

Yes, and he gets a 30% xp bonus on top of it. :)

Btw I believe that the bonus for regeneration also applies to buffs, thus decreasing the penalty of any buffs in that Aspect. That can make mounts associated with aspects that have 2 buffs in them pretty nice :)

Any global ones yes, although I tested this portion and the "Regeneration Aspect -X.XX%" (the Yellow mod like on unique mounts) does NOT affect buffs. Just Get an amulet with this ability, use that buff and look at what happens to in and out of aspect CAs.

Dunno.

Everytime I ride a mount without riding I have a huge penalty (60-70%) and if I don't use buffs my regen time goes higher on every Aspect, even the associated one.

If I turn a buff from it on it I get less regentime then I have if I unmount.

Some buffs' modification bonuses seem to be displayed in the sigma now (or is that how it always was?), in white letters and separate from other bonuses.

I have 20,1% chance to reflect melee from level 1 Battle Stance. I also have a separate ~6% yellow bonus from items. I wonder if they stack.

Some buffs' modification bonuses seem to be displayed in the sigma now (or is that how it always was?), in white letters and separate from other bonuses.

I have 20,1% chance to reflect melee from level 1 Battle Stance. I also have a separate ~6% yellow bonus from items. I wonder if they stack.

Yes they stack. And yes it was always shown.

I updated the modifications from High Elf and added the Shadow Warrior modifications, but I am not sure with a few of them, they are marked with (?).

I'll do the missing classes tomorrow / later today. Hope you like it :)

Added the Dryad CA values.

I would be happy, if someone can confirm some values with the (?) behind it, which would be easy to find out, e.g. if they are relative or absolute values.

Pugi, getting home from work yesterday at around 1 am in the morning and seeing your contributions to an especially challenging part of the wiki was like the second coming of Christmas... nice work!

I'll see if I can find Azmodael who was working on the those stats as well to see if he can go over what you did and help out.

Cheers, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:P

gogo

p.s. regarding the (?) marks, maybe they're there because someone didn't know values and was leaving it open for another contributor? If they're getting in the way, just take them out and edit in what you think is appropriate.

Seraphim done, next will be your TG, as requested ;)

It would be nice if someone can test the stuff with added projectiles, as they seem to increase with the combat art level as well.

They are in the spells.txt as

entry0 = {"et_missile_count", 300, 10, 0, 8 },

Usually the second value is the initial value (300) and the third the per level increase (10). But The third value could also be other stuff, related to the entry. An example for that would be the BeeEffGee:

entry2 = {"et_summon_item", 1000, 1412, 0, 5 },

100% chance of summoning item 1412.

So maybe everytime you get another 300 in the missle counter there might be added an projectile.

Some of them are:

Ravaged Impact (Dryad)

entry0 = {"et_missile_count", 300, 10, 0, 8 },

entry9 = {"et_missile_count", 300, 10, 6, 8 },

This would mean another missle every 30 levels or every 15 levels with the last modification.

Darting Assault (Dryad)

entry1 = {"et_missile_count", 900, 45, 0, 8 },

entry5 = {"et_missile_count", 300, 11, 1, 8 },

+1 projectile every 6.7 levels or 5.4 levels with the added projectile mod.

Archangel's Wrath and Flaring Nova (both Seraphim)

entry4 = {"et_missile_adapt", 300, 10, 0, 9 },

entry6 = {"et_missile_adapt", 300, 10, 2, 9 },

Every 30/15 levels here as well, but this is adapt, not count...

Meteor (High Elf)

entry0 = {"et_missile_count", 2002, 168, 0, 8 },

entry7 = {"et_missile_count", 601, 51, 3, 8 },

6 projectiles without, 8 with the mod. Every 0.56/0.73 levels another meteor. My Elf has Meteor level 16 with the added meteors mod and there are 13 meteors. That would mean I have a missle count of 6107, but then there should be 20 meteors. So something is wrong, but I want you to do something as well :P