Sacred 2 Combat Art Modifications Revealed

ran a check thru all the txt docs in the gamefolder for "et_chance_criticalhit"

---------- C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEEP SILVER\SACRED 2 - FALLEN ANGEL\SCRIPTS\SHARED\SPELLS.TXT
	entry8 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 5, 5 },
	entry4 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 198, 2, 1, 5 },
	entry10 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 198, 2, 6, 5 },
	entry8 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 198, 2, 6, 5 },
	entry5 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 4, 5 },
	entry10 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 198, 2, 6, 5 },
	entry11 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 150, 1, 6, 5 },
	entry9 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 5, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 98, 2, 3, 5 },
	entry8 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 6, 5 },
	entry9 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 200, 2, 5, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 3, 5 },
	entry7 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 98, 2, 6, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 4, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 198, 2, 4, 5 },
	entry3 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 99, 1, 1, 5 },
	entry10 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 150, 0, 6, 5 },
	entry8 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 100, 1, 6, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 200, 1, 3, 5 },
	entry7 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 200, 2, 4, 5 },
mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_chance_criticalhit", 148 })  -- 148 = bb_chance_criticalhit

and then for "bb_chance_criticalhit"

---------- C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEEP SILVER\SACRED 2 - FALLEN ANGEL\SCRIPTS\SERVER\BLUEPRINT.TXT
--  name = "bb_chance_criticalhit",

---------- C:\PROGRAM FILES\DEEP SILVER\SACRED 2 - FALLEN ANGEL\SCRIPTS\SHARED\SPELLS.TXT
mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_chance_criticalhit", 148 })  -- 148 = bb_chance_criticalhit

and in Blueprint.txt bonuses are created (likely for adding to items and such) :) there is also item types and some sort of list what can be on each item

mgr.createBonus(147, newBonus);

newBonus = {
--  name = "bb_chance_criticalhit",
 rating = 0,
 basedonskill = "SKILL_INVALID",
 type = "BONUS_CRITICALHIT",
 spez = "",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {0,0,0},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,0,0},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,0,0},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,0,0},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,0,0},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,0,0},
}

it seems the itembonuses get greater as you progress the difficulties (go figure but :music: yay!)

didn't get any further here at the moment.

I tried et_debuff_movespeed but got to blueprint.txt but no further

when will you get your game Zinsho? did you check your pm's?

Edit: haha damn thats some ugly codesquares :)

Edited by Mazari
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got your PM, that's where I got the info regarding Skeletal Fortification. As to when I'll get it? I ordered it on Monday night I think it was and it's currently "despatched" on the 365 Games site.

In S1 item bonuses did grow per level and difficulty (I believe +CA bonuses were maxed at +5 or so in Bronze, +9 or so in Silver, + 15 in gold... something along those lines at least

Looking at the crit bonus... it 'looks' like there's some multiplier for the increased bonus... although I'd have to go through a bunch to be sure since that array of numbers is a bit unclear

mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_chance_criticalhit", 148 }) -- 148 = bb_chance_criticalhit

Now then... reading that...

mgr.addTokenBonus ... tell the system to treat the following {"et_chance_criticalhit", 148} to mod the ability by type 148 (bonus effect perhaps?) where the modification is defined as bb_chance_criticalhit, which uses the other block of code for it's definition as to how it calculates the values.

However since it's using code 148 rather than 147 ... (create bonus 147, bb_critical hit) I'm assuming it uses a slight variation on that code.

Which makes sense since you want item bonuses to have higher possible maximums (and potentially minimums) based on difficulty, however CA mods should be based on the Base and Per Level values that are within the Spells.txt file. Increases based on CA are static and level based, while increases based on gear are Difficulty based. Makes sense to me.

with the bronze cooldown on skeletal fortifications picked at level 3 the initial 15 sec went down to 7.4 secs :music:

entry5 = {"et_regThisCool", 1000, 10, 2, 8 }, woot? :)

Edited by Mazari

Well that makes perfect sense.

Base decrease is 100%, and another 1% per level. So at level 3 you get 103% decrease.

15 / (1 + 1.03) = 7.38, rounds to 7.4 (Decreases round up, increases round down... thus you get the smaller benefit each time)

• 1 month later...

Weew, that's so great. I was just about to begin this work and I see I'm not the only one wanting to go mining in the code.

Unfortunately I can't access the forum at work, and that's where I torture my brain (at home, I just play ^^) but I copied everything including my spells.txt file in order to look at all this.

See you tomorrow then :)

Edited by Mandal

They've really gotten it off to a fantastic start eh Mandal. Not an easy task at all. I'm not the best with a calculator but if yer needing some coffee I can supply. :)

Yep, I saw that today.

That saved me going through a lot of speculations !

Unfortunately I only had the spells.txt at work so I couldn't do much.

I noticed an empty spell at the beginning of each aspect. Example for the Inquisitor :

mgr.defineSpell( "xxxin_po_dominanz", {

eiStateName = "",

fxTypeCast = "",

fxTypeSpell = "",

duration = 0.000000,

animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM11",

animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",

animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",

animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

},

fightDistance = -1.000000,

aspect = "EA_IN_POWER",

cooldown = 0.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 0,

cost_base = 0,

focus_skill_name = "skill_IN_power_focus",

lore_skill_name = "skill_IN_power_lore",

spellClass = "",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype___invalid",

sorting_rank = 0,

})

Either I'm missing something, either they are planned for maybe an extension ? Or maybe just a template but why name it dominanz ?

Not really interesting I'm just curious.

Anyway, the formula for debuffs seems pretty right. I think we should test that. And by testing I mean multiplayer, apply a debuff and look (preferably a debuff on attack or def value so it's easy to track).

And I think it would be interesting to change the values in spells and blueprints for testing.

Edited by Mandal
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I noticed that the numbers given in the Wiki are usually written from ingame experience and are often very inaccurate. I've been browsing the CA datafile and I believe I can fix some of them for you. If anyone is interested I could explain to you how to check on them yourself. So do I have your permission to do this>?

That would be most helpful Exiled. Could you explain further what you would like to do? Is it the CA modifications you are meaning? Inquiring minds are intrigued. :D

Hello, I noticed that the numbers given in the Wiki are usually written from ingame experience and are often very inaccurate. I've been browsing the CA datafile and I believe I can fix some of them for you. If anyone is interested I could explain to you how to check on them yourself. So do I have your permission to do this>?

Hi Exiled. We've actually had wiki members pulling out data from the game itself, especially regarding CA mods. Is that what you're talking about? Is there more numbers from the game that you are convinced can be useful in the wiki if they are edited in?

Thanks

:D

gogo

Well a lot of the numbers posted are correct, but there are also many more inaccurate and misleading, or not providing all the information. Take Grand Invigoration as an example. According to the wiki...

* Arrant Pyromancer Expertise - The regeneration time for the aspect Arract Pyromancer will decrease significantly. (10% decrease)

* Mystic Stormite Expertise - The regeneration time for the aspect Mystic Stormite will decrease significantly. (10% decrease)

MODicons_10.gif Silver

* Replenish - Further decreases the regeneration time of all spells. (7% decrease)

* Life Energy - Additionally increases the hitpoint regeneration rate. (1.5% increase)

MODicons_08.gif Gold

* Resilience - Reduces the impact and duration of incoming detrimental effects. (30% reduction on debuffs)

* Fleetness - Increases run speed while Grand Invigoration is active. (9.9% increase)

From the datafiles the BASIC values are correct. However, the info on improvement with CA level is missing, misleading people that Life Energy mod is useless -.-

The bronze mods add 10%+1% per CA level decrease

Replenish adds 7%+0,7% per CA level decrease

Life energy adds 1,5+1% per CA level health regen bonus (and notice the increase is HUGE making this mod much better then the other)

Resilience adds 30% + 0,03% per CA level

Fleetness adds 9,9% + 0,01% per CA level

AS you can see the info provided is correct, but not complete and therefore could be misleading.

PP: Very nice thread. I've been doing exactly the same, might exhange experience with that guy :D

Edited by Exiled
Well a lot of the numbers posted are correct, but there are also many more inaccurate and misleading, or not providing all the information. Take Grand Invigoration as an example. According to the wiki...

* Arrant Pyromancer Expertise - The regeneration time for the aspect Arract Pyromancer will decrease significantly. (10% decrease)

* Mystic Stormite Expertise - The regeneration time for the aspect Mystic Stormite will decrease significantly. (10% decrease)

MODicons_10.gif Silver

* Replenish - Further decreases the regeneration time of all spells. (7% decrease)

* Life Energy - Additionally increases the hitpoint regeneration rate. (1.5% increase)

MODicons_08.gif Gold

* Resilience - Reduces the impact and duration of incoming detrimental effects. (30% reduction on debuffs)

* Fleetness - Increases run speed while Grand Invigoration is active. (9.9% increase)

From the datafiles the BASIC values are correct. However, the info on improvement with CA level is missing, misleading people that Life Energy mod is useless -.-

The bronze mods add 10%+1% per CA level decrease

Replenish adds 7%+0,7% per CA level decrease

Life energy adds 1,5+1% per CA level health regen bonus (and notice the increase is HUGE making this mod much better then the other)

Resilience adds 30% + 0,03% per CA level

Fleetness adds 9,9% + 0,01% per CA level

AS you can see the info provided is correct, but not complete and therefore could be misleading.

PP: Very nice thread. I've been doing exactly the same, might exhange experience with that guy :D

What should be done is for Ascaron to provide numbers for the mods, either in %, or their effects directly.

Say if you took Arrant Pyromancer Expertise, it could say, in the spell tooltip:

Regeneration time of all Combat Arts -40%

Regeneration time of Arrant Pyromancer -15%

or something like that

and umm, is there a limit to those bonuses? - would getting Lv 90 (effective level) of Grand Invigoration with Arrant Pyromancer Expertise, provide with -100% Regeneration time?

and umm, is there a limit to those bonuses? - would getting Lv 90 (effective level) of Grand Invigoration with Arrant Pyromancer Expertise, provide with -100% Regeneration time?

No limit. However taking into account that bonuses of this type you wont get 0 regen time on your CAs. The formula for Regen time is something like (base regen value + level regen penalty*CA level)*various regen penalty (armor, mount)/stamina regen bonus/item regen bonus/special mount regen bonus/ca regen bonus.

Edited by Exiled

That's some excellent number crunching you've done Exiled. We realized that the information was incomplete but unfortunately gogo and I have had to focus our attention elsewhere. We're not as talented as you and the other geniuses in this topic so all we can do is be patient. :D

I love how you've broken down the information and you've explained the math VERY well. Feel free to add your findings to the wiki. It's the nature of it to change and grow. :P

Just saw your work on the wiki, exiled, your fast!

Thanks for adding the info, it's great when we have people that love this part of Sacred 2, the hard number crunching and math, and are able to add it to the database so that others can have a better time with the game.

Thank you

:D

gogo

What should be done is for Ascaron to provide numbers for the mods, either in %, or their effects directly.

Say if you took Arrant Pyromancer Expertise, it could say, in the spell tooltip:

or something like that

The thing to remember with regeneration times is that ultimately the formula works out to:

(Base Regeneration + (Per Level Regeneration * (Runes Read + (Levels from Gear/2)))) / (1 + Aspect Regeneration%)

So 100% from Grand Invigoration will only 'halve' the value of the divisor (vs no buff) and I'm just using aspect regeneration since the factors that work into that aren't something I've figured out exactly yet...

They *seem* to be something along the lines of:

(1 + Regeneration from gear [be it gear based factors or the -xx.x% from smithing/modifiers) * ( 1 + Concentration [however this *might* potentially include the blue -xx.x% regeneration on gear/smith arts rather than in the first factor] ) * (1 + Aspect Focus [which will likely also include the yellow aspect regen mod on gear and thus buffs as well that decrease individual aspects]) * (1 + Stamina Factor [which I haven't figured out either, since it doesn't show up in the tooltip]) * ( 1 - Buff Penalties&mount penalties)

Don't take that as certain, but it's likely something along those lines. Unfortunately anything affecting all aspects at once merges with the stamina bonus itself and prevents any real ability to sort between those elements (I can see how it could be done with a lot of data, but you'd need large ranges of data points only affecting one element at a time)

or something like that

The thing to remember with regeneration times is that ultimately the formula works out to:

(Base Regeneration + (Per Level Regeneration * (Runes Read + (Levels from Gear/2)))) / (1 + Aspect Regeneration%)

So 100% from Grand Invigoration will only 'halve' the value of the divisor (vs no buff) and I'm just using aspect regeneration since the factors that work into that aren't something I've figured out exactly yet...

They *seem* to be something along the lines of:

(1 + Regeneration from gear [be it gear based factors or the -xx.x% from smithing/modifiers) * ( 1 + Concentration [however this *might* potentially include the blue -xx.x% regeneration on gear/smith arts rather than in the first factor] ) * (1 + Aspect Focus [which will likely also include the yellow aspect regen mod on gear and thus buffs as well that decrease individual aspects]) * (1 + Stamina Factor [which I haven't figured out either, since it doesn't show up in the tooltip]) * ( 1 - Buff Penalties&mount penalties)

Don't take that as certain, but it's likely something along those lines. Unfortunately anything affecting all aspects at once merges with the stamina bonus itself and prevents any real ability to sort between those elements (I can see how it could be done with a lot of data, but you'd need large ranges of data points only affecting one element at a time)

Hmm even that doesn't explain it even if you bold the "1", it still amounts to division by 0 with 1-100% (ie 1-1).

Stamina can reach +1000% regen speed (or more), which probably means 90% faster, but I have no idea.

I know that with a High Elf lv 200, with Arrant Pyromancer Lore 150+15, Arrant Pyromancer Focus 150+15, Concentration 36+0, Combat Discipline 150+0, Ancient Magic 75+0, on Pyromancer-focused build:

Ancestral Fireball lv ~102 effective level, modded with Explosion, Fusillade, Hot Pursuit would do a total of 12,500 damage (per fireball, as there are 2) in ~3.5 seconds.

Blazing Tempest lv ~102 effective level, modded with Burning, Cataclysm, Ambition, would do a total of 5500 damage on impact and 7700 damage/second in ~4.0 seconds.

Incendiary Shower lv ~102 effective level, modded with modsw I don't remember for certain...would do a total of 9000 damage on impact of each meteor, with 13 meteors falling in ~6.0 seconds.

Add Incandescent Skin effective level ~75 (-35% regen of Arrant Pyromancer +6% regen of all spells).

Add Grand Invigoration effective level ~75 (-45% regen of all spells +very high HP regen)

and the cooldown shot to Ancestral Fireball 0.9 second, Blazing Tempest 1.1 second, Incendiary Shower 1.5 second.

No +all skills involved, INT was about 600-700, not certain.

No, it's 1 plus, so at 100% you get /2, at 200% you get /3 etc etc.

The way stamina shows it is a positive, the way skills and combat arts show it, it is a negative.

Wether you have -100% regen +1 or +1 -100% regen, its the same.

If you have 1+100% regen or 100% regen +1, then yes, it makes a difference. If the game was consistent we might make sense of it...