Sacred 2 Wiki - Item Modifiers Update

Hey,

Did not find any topic about Item Modifiers, so creating new.

Sacred 2 Wiki - Item Modifiers page needs an update - there is one Yellow mod missing: "All Skills" +X

I mark this mod as Yellow, but it sometimes happens it is blue (probably a bug?).

regards,

C4hir

• 11 months later...

We are working on it now, item modifiers have now been copied out and entered into uniques' pages, we'll be completing that by tonight, and then begins the tough job of reconciling and finally, after almost a year of play time, putting in some good useful answers into the explanations.

:P

gogo

The colour of mods doesn't seem to make much sense, but as its related to a feature of the game, and not the wiki, we can't do much about it. I don't understand why skills +x can be yellow on 1 item and blue on the next, and how game works out what colour its going to be on the sigma if you have multiple items with mods of different colours adding to the total.

• 2 months later...

I was thinking also that they could have some kind of strange `worth`that only the devs would know about...but I was hoping that there would be somehting more quantifiably useful for us all, or something we were all missing.

There are a few old ascaron devs that I think would still answer questions, I`ll send a pm, email off to some tonight and maybe we`ll get an answer.

:blush2:

gogo

• 3 months later...

I have a question about the item modifiers of the Detrimental Effects. Where comes the information about the duration of Burn and Poison from? I just want to know because I made different experiences by testing it.

I also found out how the modifier Chance to inflict Deadly Wounds +X% works. It reduces the enemies hitpoints down to 80% with a duration of 10 sec. So its just a stronger form of Chance to inflict Deep Wounds +X%.

Slevin if you have new findings we can have a look at updating the wiki today. Nice findings on the deadly wounds..I know a lot of us were so curious about that.

And you said you found new findings for duration of burn and poison?

:)

gogo

p.s. just checked wiki contribution logs,I think the duration numbers are coming from ps3? Slevin if you have pc numbers that would be awesome as well.

Awesome!

Good finding, Slevin.

Just curious your testing method. I've always been confused how some of the wounds affect HP's, my tests had never given satisfactory results, probably because of using higher-level toons, more factors/confusion. Even completely naked, I've triggered (at least) open wounds.

I'd like to check out how/if the wounds stack. I would imagine they don't... but then is there a priority order, or last effect used... etc.

I tested in in pvp mode togehter with Dima. I'll post the information about the detrimental effects when our testings are finished. But the effects doesn't seem to have a duration, they have a certain number (4) of lower hits after the main hit. We also want to test the influence of damage lore.

• 4 months later...
I still don't know why some modifiers are blue and some are yellow

;)

gogo

I think I may have an answer to that...

It depends on if it's linked to a particular skill. For instance, I'm cruising through the west end of the Elf region and I came across two different items with the same bonus mod - though one was yellow and the other was blue.

Item 1 is a Crimson Fury Throwing Knife. Note - it has a yellow "Chance to find Valuables" modifer.

post-14586-1285413133_thumb.jpg

Item 2 is a generic "hoop" But notice the bonus on this item. The "Chance to find valuables" is in blue - and is dependent on you having the Enhanced Perception Skill:

post-14586-1285413259_thumb.jpg

Of course, my Seraphim doesn't have that skill -hence the EP is in red.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I answered that in some other thread already, I think.

The color is depending on the constraint of the corresponding bonus in blueprint.txt. It is a dev handselected value like the item colors, weighed by how rarely they should occur and what the minquality of an item should be to get such a modifier. That is also why you will never see a yellow or gold modifier on a junk (grey or white) item.

For example:

newBonus = {
--  name = "uni_relattr_str",
 rating = 30,
 basedonskill = "SKILL_INVALID",
 type = "BONUS_STATS_REL",
 spez = "STAT_STR",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {10,13,1},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,50,100},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,65,130},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,80,160},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,100,200},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,125,250},
}
mgr.createBonus(640, newBonus);

Is a gold bonus (+% Strength). It has a constraint quality of 13 (minconstraints = {10,13,1},). Changeing that number to 15 will make it orange and even rarer...

The Bonus is applied to items trough bonusgroups, in this case:

newBonusgroup = {
 id = 37,
 name = "UNI_relattr_str																												 ",
 bonuslist = { 640,},
}
mgr.createBonusgroup(37, newBonusgroup);

Items with that particular bonus include for example marthas javelin.

Hope this sheds some light into speculations.

:D

gogo

I think I may have an answer to that...

It depends on if it's linked to a particular skill. For instance, I'm cruising through the west end of the Elf region and I came across two different items with the same bonus mod - though one was yellow and the other was blue.

Item 1 is a Crimson Fury Throwing Knife. Note - it has a yellow "Chance to find Valuables" modifer.

post-14586-1285413133_thumb.jpg

Item 2 is a generic "hoop" But notice the bonus on this item. The "Chance to find valuables" is in blue - and is dependent on you having the Enhanced Perception Skill:

post-14586-1285413259_thumb.jpg

Of course, my Seraphim doesn't have that skill -hence the EP is in red.

What I still can't understand is the diference between Life leeched per hit in yellow and Life leeched per hit in gold. There's no skill involved and the golden one's value is lower than the yellow one's

What I still can't understand is the diference between Life leeched per hit in yellow and Life leeched per hit in gold. There's no skill involved and the golden one's value is lower than the yellow one's

This is the yellow one:

newBonus = {
--  name = "sb_off_lifeleech",
 rating = 35,
 type = "BONUS_LIFELEECH",
 spez = "",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {15,9,0},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,4,55},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,5,65},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,6,80},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,8,100},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,10,125},
}
mgr.createBonus(382, newBonus);

and this is the golden one:

newBonus = {
--  name = "uni_def_heal_on_hit",
 rating = 46,
 type = "BONUS_LIFELEECH",
 spez = "",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {15,13,1},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,3,28},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,4,37},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,5,46},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,6,55},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,7,70},
}
mgr.createBonus(643, newBonus);

As you can see, they are a bit different. First, the yellow one is marked as offensive bonus (sb_off) and is sorted into the respective bonusgroups for such weaponry. The unique (gold) modifier is somehow marked as defensive (cant say why). The ",1}," at the end of the constraints means it can only be applied to items of silver difficulty and above. The valuerange is lower for the unique modifier, which is why it has lower +%.

That are the differences I can make out so far.

mmm... But u're talking about Leech life from opponents %. You know, there are some sets (such as Denderan's) that have a low base value of Life leeched per hit (all pieces mod) and it's gold. Does it work as a normal LL? I noticed that it was changed to Leech life from opponents % in the CM-patch though.

• 2 years later...

I have a question about that modifiers (at least I have some troubles to translate it correctly). Here we go:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Pole_Arms

That is not correct, is it? these are available without the pole arms skill. In reference to http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Halberds where only 3 modifiers listed in the table.

Is there a Sacred 2 Modifier list/page like in Sacred 1 (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Item_Modifiers)? Cant'f find it via the serach function except that Sacred 1 page.

Edited by Sneak0r

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Item_Modifiers

To answer your question, yes those modifiers CAN be available on other items, but what this means is that on some Pole Arms there are modifiers that will not be unlocked unless you have the Pole Arms Skill. It's the same with other weapon types as well. They all sometimes modifiers that will not be unlocked unless you have the skill.

Ok please show me one Pole Arms for each modifier:

I watched to all unique Pole Arms but these 3 modifier are available even if you have not the pore arms skill and thats why its not correct in that liist?

And thanks for the link :)

Found the other two modifiers on http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Poles and http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Javelins

sadly all red so I have no clue about that :(

Edited by Sneak0r