Time To Play! Sacred 2 Hardcore EU Servers

Poa Kli-Kluu,

I follow both here and SIF, and this is the first I have heard of the US servers being down. How did you find out about it? Is it temporary or are they shut down for good?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but Sacred 2 Gold ran fine out of the box for me on 32-bit Win7. Maybe the problem is with the 64-bit OS?

I bought Sacred 2 Gold (which includes base Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood) from the DL Gamer link on this site. It cost 25 British pounds (about $42 US). It is download only. It is available here in the States but I cannot say about South America.

My main point regarding online play for Ice and Blood is that virtually no one plays. I play Closed Net on the EU servers every weekend and weeknights as well, and I seem to be the only English-speaking player still really active.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my copy of the Ice and Blood expansion thru Amazon.com, but it does require the UK version to install. Your best bet if you want Ice and Blood is to get Sacred 2 Gold. There should be various places that offer deals depending on the day(best option is to search with http://www.deals4downloads.com).

Edited by DaveO

Poa Kli-Kluu,

I follow both here and SIF, and this is the first I have heard of the US servers being down. How did you find out about it? Is it temporary or are they shut down for good?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but Sacred 2 Gold ran fine out of the box for me on 32-bit Win7. Maybe the problem is with the 64-bit OS?

I bought Sacred 2 Gold (which includes base Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood) from the DL Gamer link on this site. It cost 25 British pounds (about $42 US). It is download only. It is available here in the States but I cannot say about South America.

My main point regarding online play for Ice and Blood is that virtually no one plays. I play Closed Net on the EU servers every weekend and weeknights as well, and I seem to be the only English-speaking player still really active.

They were down earlier today bro. Timed me out like six times trying to get on past MP island.

I'll try again a lil later.

You and two other English speakers is the only two I saw on there since Wednesday.

Hmm... Seeing my fave Play.com is a letdown in this matter, you should check This link.

Costs around 40$ but is the most guaranteed way to get everything work. With the latest patches it's playable on Win 7.

Though there's still some memory leaks every now and then. Though not everyone seems to suffer from them.

And I'm quite sure there would've been official patches if Ascaron didn't go belly under... Which is really shame. Hope that helps.

Noticed the linky wasn't quite what I intended to put up...

*fixed*

Thanks for the advice, I'll look out for that (:

For what it's worth, I've seen people playing Fallen Angel on the non-American servers. You could still get quite a bit of mileage out of just Fallen Angel, although Ice & Blood does add some really nice stuff(fast travel, the Imp carrier and the Dragon Mage character to name three things).

P.S. - The original developers of Sacred 2 went bankrupt and Deep Silver bought the rights to the Sacred franchise.

I'm really looking out for the expansion. I'm wondering and pondering where to buy it. Cuz I really wanted a retail box version of both Sacred 2 and expansion.

For as you know, has Deep Silver released anything about Sacred3?

Poa Kli-Kluu,

Yeah, the US servers were pretty weird when I tryed to creat my account on them. Whenever I tried to create an acc with my serial number, I got the message saying "it is impossible to create because the cd-key was already used". I mean, how come this happened? I had bought the game some hours ago that time, but well... I wondered in trying to create an account in EU server, and it worked perfectly.

About the OS, whatever shop you look, everywhere says the game only works on vista and XP. And if it worked on 7, well, you're lucky. I use 7 32 bits, so that's not really this ;/ . If I stick to the lobby or the main menu for too long, the game closes without any warning.

About the shop, thanks for the advice! I'll look out for it, but I really wanted a retail version of the game and expansion. And regarding the South America localization, well, sorry 'bout any spelling mistake XD As you know I'm not a naturally english speaker.

And if no one plays Ice and Blood online, when I buy it, why don't we play it? o/

Edited by Poa Kli-Kluu

IIRC, the latest news on Sacred 3 is from August 2010, and gave nothing more than a 2011-2012 release.

I wish you luck on getting everything working. If you have specific trouble, post the specifics in its own thread. When you get it going, post back here, and can try and get together in Ancaria.

I have some level 12 or so characters. I might be able to help your new Temple Guardian build.

I have not played that TG since May. A new member here wanted someone to campaign with. After two sessions he disappeared and I have not heard from him since. Guess it is about time I dusted off that TG and take him for a spin. Hitting Ancaria now.

Lujate lost the Temple Guardian build, but he said that it was his fault on the build and not for items. It seemed like we were getting good results for unique items, and Lujate traded to me a low level unique energy weapon.

Off again today. I have never really explored the Crystal Plane, so I think I will take my Seraphim sightseeing. Just got to get past Octogalamus first.

Edit:

Well, I have given up on the Crystal Plane. Twice this afternoon, I was fighting along, nothing too heavy and suddenly a red flash and my mount was dead. WTH!! I frantically pounded the space bar and F8. I landed at Start Island and my mount is standing there but my avatar is not. HP show 100%, I can pan the camera and go into all the menus, but my character is nowhere to be seen. Restart the game and my character and mount are both there. The second time was enough for me. The Crystal Plane can something something for all I care.

Edited by lujate

Apparently there's a crazy bug in Crystal Planes with ominous red flashes resulting in angry players. Sorry this was so frustrating for you Lujate, but VERY happy they blinked back for you.

:)

gogo

I had an irrational dislike of the Crystal Plane to start with. This just makes my dislike a little less irrational. :biggrin: For now I am going to confine my activities to the rest of Ancaria. I think my Seraphim is ready for Seraphim Island.

Always been one of the more laggy, difficult areas of the game for me to play in. One of the best times I ever had in that area though, was only with another player using a singularly powerful Vine spell He'd rope things with his vine, squeeze, and the crystaline enemies would just explode.

Magnificent effect, makes me think if he only developed his build just to run in that area for that effect.

gogo

Always been one of the more laggy, difficult areas of the game for me to play in. One of the best times I ever had in that area though, was only with another player using a singularly powerful Vine spell He'd rope things with his vine, squeeze, and the crystaline enemies would just explode.

Magnificent effect, makes me think if he only developed his build just to run in that area for that effect.

gogo

Some might consider it heresy, but I am not sure the Ice and Blood expansion areas are up to the level of quality we all know and love from Sacred. ;)

My DW Seraphim made 60 in the Swamp this morning. Just before lunch, I had the fire support of a friendly BFG which sure made the mobs go down faster. Even with Dashing Alacrity and the pseudo-Area of Effect from Assailing Somersault, DW can only kill so fast. Heading back in shortly for some more hijinks.

Edit:

Just finished up a 3-man team cutting a swath thru the Swamp. So much for my Nostradamus doom-and-gloom prediction of Closed being, D-E-A-D, dead. :blush:

I noticed something funny though, the BFG guy spoke virtually no English but his Seraphim did. I almost expected to hear her calling out battle cries in German.

Edited by lujate

gogo

Some might consider it heresy, but I am not sure the Ice and Blood expansion areas are up to the level of quality we all know and love from Sacred. ;)

My DW Seraphim made 60 in the Swamp this morning. Just before lunch, I had the fire support of a friendly BFG which sure made the mobs go down faster. Even with Dashing Alacrity and the pseudo-Area of Effect from Assailing Somersault, DW can only kill so fast. Heading back in shortly for some more hijinks.

Edit:

Just finished up a 3-man team cutting a swath thru the Swamp. So much for my Nostradamus doom-and-gloom prediction of Closed being, D-E-A-D, dead. :blush:

I noticed something funny though, the BFG guy spoke virtually no English but his Seraphim did. I almost expected to hear her calling out battle cries in German.

Hey! I was that SW that disconnected!

I recently reinstalled Sacred 2 only to see if someone was still playing. Only after 5 min of playing you showed up! Hope I see you again :)

Edit: About ctystal area.. I can tell you more about that bug. I reported it the first day Ice and Blood came out. Sad to see they haven't fixed it. It's non-leathal, but annoying. Happends in the second area of that region.

Edited by MalekilX

gogo

Edit:

Hey! I was that SW that disconnected!

I recently reinstalled Sacred 2 only to see if someone was still playing. Only after 5 min of playing you showed up! Hope I see you again :)

Edit: About ctystal area.. I can tell you more about that bug. I reported it the first day Ice and Blood came out. Sad to see they haven't fixed it. It's non-leathal, but annoying. Happends in the second area of that region.

The Crystal Plane bug might be non-lethal for my character, but it is more than my nerves can take.

Getting a late start tonight, but I am going to try and make 65 in the Desert on Gold.

Made 65, thought I might make 66. But it was getting late, so when Windows decided to suddenly restart to install updates, I figured it was time to call it a night.

gogo, you reminded me of an important technique that I used extensively when I was grinding on ps3, but had since forgotten. Run in circles to gather enemies into a bunch so you can whack-em & stack-em faster. I discovered that Assailing Somersault causes the beetle riders to explode, so I decided to see how many I could blow up with a single CA. The most I got was 4. They are really large and AS has such a pitifully short Area of Effect range, so I am not sure I am going to be able to best that count.

Well, about topic, I might as well give it a swing later this month, if I get my connection fixed. Been in mind to jump in the fry but somehow never got into it. As if disabling CM is that much of an effort. :P

lujate: About the limited Area of Effect of AS; dunno really if it's worth it, but could possibly get something out of it using +x% ca range.

The "+x% ca range" modifier looks promising. The only problem is that for a non-CM Seraphim it only appears on a single unique weapon. If I ever find one, I will give it a shot but I am not going to hold my breath.

Heading in to do a little grinding, probably in the Jungle.

Edit:

Watch out for Death of a Demon, it can be a killer. Most times that demon dies with little fuss, but other times... This is the second character I have lost to it. I watched helplessly while my HP slowly dropped. I frantically pounded the spacebar to no avail.

I will be back on later today with a new Seraphim. If you want to play a low Gold game, find me online and I will gladly switch to my ice elf.

Edited by lujate

I just got a Seraphim off her feet in multiplayer and am up to level 13. I have only starter weapons and mentor potions to help for the rebuild. Most of the weapons are in the level 3-10 range.

Yesterday, I discovered that I had a number of quests to write up for the wiki. That took longer than expected and I did not make it back online.

One last comment regarding that heinous demon. I forget to mention before that in addition to pounding on the spacebar, I was also wailing away with a 1.5% LL sword. To quote Willy, "Something is rotten in the State of Denmark".

DaveO thanks for the offer. I am going to check my stockpile and see what I can come up with.

Edited by lujate