Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View and optionsCustom txt

Schot

O.k. schot now I need some real help here. I was able to vreate the optionsCustom.txt and used your "current settings" I deleted the options.txt and enter a game. yep looks o.k

But I was running in window mode. makes it easier to change from my 2 accounts and forum. when I go into the Graphics settings everything has been changed to defaults. O.K I just need to reset things to the way I like to play right? Nope anything I change then click accept locks the game and kicks me to the desktop.

So I see that there are graphics setting in the new options.txt. I deleted my optionsCustom.txt and restarted the game. same problem. I deleted the options.txt so the folder is empy and restarted the game. same problem. it recreated a default options.txt which I expected. but I can't change any graphics settings or it locks and dumps me to desktop.

Edit: I was able to fix this little problem I had to change my NVidia setting to Auto instead of application control and that helped. And I got the options set for my camera views. Now how to I raise and lower the camera view?

Edited by locolagarto

Hmmm... curious problem loco. I've never heard of that happening to anyone before but thinking back on our convo in game, did you turn off UAC(User Account Control for Windows Vista) on the pc you're now having problems with? Possibly it's preventing you from being able to make changes so if it's presently active then turning it off might resolve the issue.

Also, I notice the words options.txt and default being used in your post. Just so that I can remove the variable from my head, have you made any changes to "optionsDefault.txt"? If not can you make sure it still exists? C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\optionsDefault.txt

If you want to get your game install back to the way it was before you started making changes you could try grabbing your options.txt file from your recycle bin. There will likely be more than one in there so the oldest dated one would likely be the best choice. Or you could use System Restore if you have it active. you can type "Restore" into your Vista search field and you'll see "System Restore" appear as one of the results. Click on "System Restore", then "Next" and then choose a restore point with today's date. Granted I've never used System Restore on my Vista so what will follow I can't say.

Hope it's nothing serious loco. Lemme know more as soon as you can. :explode:

P.s.

I always play windowed mode as well.

Hmmm... curious problem loco. I've never heard of that happening to anyone before but thinking back on our convo in game, did you turn off UAC(User Account Control for Windows Vista) on the pc you're now having problems with? Possibly it's preventing you from being able to make changes so if it's presently active then turning it off might resolve the issue.

Also, I notice the words options.txt and default being used in your post. Just so that I can remove the variable from my head, have you made any changes to "optionsDefault.txt"? If not can you make sure it still exists? C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\optionsDefault.txt

If you want to get your game install back to the way it was before you started making changes you could try grabbing your options.txt file from your recycle bin. There will likely be more than one in there so the oldest dated one would likely be the best choice. Or you could use System Restore if you have it active. you can type "Restore" into your Vista search field and you'll see "System Restore" appear as one of the results. Click on "System Restore", then "Next" and then choose a restore point with today's date. Granted I've never used System Restore on my Vista so what will follow I can't say.

Hope it's nothing serious loco. Lemme know more as soon as you can. :explode:

P.s.

I always play windowed mode as well.

As edited above I think I got my problem fixed. and no I didn't touch any other files except options.txt and optionsCustom.txt

And I notice that to keep from having to reset my graphics everytime I make a change. I leave the options.txt in place. after a restart of sacred2 and exit. sometimes you gotta doit twice. the system updates the options.txt file

P.s. after deleting the options file the first time. my FPS went from 45 FPS to 90 FPS which is what got me looking at my graphics settings. Funny cause this LG LCD monitor only has a 60Hz refresh rate.

Edited by locolagarto
  • 3 weeks later...

:) New and improved camera settings worked like a charm! Awesome info! I can fix issues with my textures that I could not see earlier and take better screens to boot!

Thanks,

Longshen

Edited by Longshen
P.s. after deleting the options file the first time. my FPS went from 45 FPS to 90 FPS which is what got me looking at my graphics settings. Funny cause this LG LCD monitor only has a 60Hz refresh rate.

Enable vert sync to get the fps to cap at 60 :)

And you can set the magic option on Nvidia control panel that helps smooth even more the FPS under V-Sync, I think its called Triple memory buffer or something like that, im not sure because my language is portuguese on the control panel really hate to have it that way but I cant seem to find a way of changing it to english.

Found an explanation of this on a website TweakGuides.com:

Triple Buffering: This setting is covered in detail on this page of the Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide. If set to On, this setting allows your overall performance to improve when Vertical Synchronization (VSync) is enabled in games. Therefore if you want to enable VSync - whether in the in-game settings or in the Nvidia Control Panel, it is recommended you enable Triple Buffering as well. However note that using Triple Buffering may cause problems for graphics cards with lower Video RAM, so disable this option if you’re experiencing problems such as mouse lag in games. Note further that this option only works for OpenGL games at the moment, so to force Triple Buffering in Direct3D games (which is the majority of recent games), see the Advanced Tweaking section.

Edited by nomad13

I have a question about this setting:

camera.cam2_trackdist_max = 2000
camera.cam2_trackdist_min = 140
camera.cam2_rotx_min = -0.05

In my options.txt I couldn't find cam2_... .

There was only cam1_... and dng1_... .

Is that option relevant in Ice and Blood?

For what it's worth, this is my optionsCustom.txt gives me nice zoom in and out with high overhead view. I can adjust the rotx_min settings to get a low view when zoomed in and use the autocurve in options: gameplay to get it to work like it should

camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 100
camera.cam1_trackdist_max = 1700
camera.cam1_rotx_min = -0.90
camera.cam1_rotx_max = -0.90
camera.dng1_trackdist_min = 100
camera.dng1_trackdist_max  = 1700
camera.dng1_rotx_min = -0.90
camera.dng1_rotx_max = -0.90
render.videos = 0
camera.cam_autorot_speed = 0.9
Camera.cam_autozoom_max = 1700
camera.cam_autozoom_min = 100
camera.cam_autozoom_speed = 1

I have a question about this setting:

camera.cam2_trackdist_max = 2000
camera.cam2_trackdist_min = 140
camera.cam2_rotx_min = -0.05

In my options.txt I couldn't find cam2_... .

There was only cam1_... and dng1_... .

Is that option relevant in Ice and Blood?

Good question nokka. That's either leftovers from Sacred 2 before Ice & Blood or possibly even from the Beta... Like yours I'm no longer seeing cam2 in my options.txt.

For what it's worth, this is my optionsCustom.txt gives me nice zoom in and out with high overhead view. I can adjust the rotx_min settings to get a low view when zoomed in and use the autocurve in options: gameplay to get it to work like it should

render.videos = 0

So this one is for using in combination with ice & blood.

dng replaces cam2?

And you can still zoom in and out with this? I assume you still have to set those sliders like Schot has posted here.

Edited by candesco

render.videos = 0

So this one is for using in combination with ice & blood.

dng replaces cam2?

And you can still zoom in and out with this? I assume you still have to set those sliders like Schot has posted here.

yes I am on Ice and Blood .This optionsCustom.txt is a combo set-up. with the auto curve option on I get a more standard zoom in low , zoom out(way out) high(really high). and I can use the sliders to adjust max and min settings.

With the auto curve off. I get a static angle that zooms in and out fully with the sliders set to extremes of min and max

And if you don't like the result. the easy undo is to delete the optionsCustom.txt and options.txt and restart the game. everything will get restored to defaults

by the way the render.videos = 0 skips the intro vids and takes you directly to the menu from the console loading screen

• 2 weeks later...

What does the option camera.behaviour actually do? I see this in the first post of this thread.

And what is the difference between options.camera_mode = 1 and options.camera_mode= 3. Also posted by Schot in the first post.

Haha, I'm actually in the process of figuring that out. At the moment I can't say. I've been using the settings since I first posted this topic and at the time I believe behaviour and mode functioned differently from post Ice & Blood... If anyone can uncover their use please post!

In the first post you actually use those options in Ice & Blood :D First you used one with options.camera_mode = 1 and then under it there is an edit with a longer lap of tekst and using options.camera_mode = 3.

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and the game and I was looking for a way to invert the Y-axis of the free cam view. Such option is always available in FPS and the like, but it seems to be missing from sacred 2...

When I switched to the options you described it changed my sacred 2 life. God it's good to have a real zoom out! However I'm still struggling with this invert axis problem. My brain just works that way I guess...

Any secret magic lines you could give me to fix that?

I definitely don't want to go back to the crappy automatic camera!

Yours,

--Blast

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and the game and I was looking for a way to invert the Y-axis of the free cam view. Such option is always available in FPS and the like, but it seems to be missing from sacred 2...

When I switched to the options you described it changed my sacred 2 life. God it's good to have a real zoom out! However I'm still struggling with this invert axis problem. My brain just works that way I guess...

Any secret magic lines you could give me to fix that?

I definitely don't want to go back to the crappy automatic camera!

Yours,

--Blast

Sorry it took me so long to get to this Blast. I think the below is what you are wanting. I've not ever used it myself but looks right to me. :thumbsup:

camera.invert = 0

Any way to make it so you can move your camera by holding down the right mouse button and having spells cast with another key?

That's something I've been wanting to do for a while now but haven't found a solution for yet blade.

That's something I've been wanting to do for a while now but haven't found a solution for yet blade.

Oh dam, because I play world of warcraft like a religion and going from moving the camera with the right mouse button to my middle mouse button feels very awkward :/

• Like! 1

Well I haven't given up on finding it yet. It's just a lot harder than most of the controls to change. Oddly enough it seems all the mouse controls have been put somewhere other than in the basic options...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a little problem with the control settings in the very first post. The function looks to be there but the camera sometimes decided to jitter in and out for about 15-20 seconds and during this time I cannot turn the camera with the middle mouse button, and the WASD keys have no effect. Any ideas on how to sort this?

• 3 weeks later...
I'll have to take a closer look at how I have mine set up Spunky. Are you able to use the the game menu to set up the camera the way you want it? I'm pretty sure the new camera settings in the menu can do nearly the exact same thing as my custom settings here. In fact I think I may have used them... I'll post a pic of my camera settings...

Here we go. Give these settings a try and adjust as needed. If there's something else you need the camera to do feel free to post what it is you want the camera to do and we'll see if it's possible. :lol:

camerasettings.jpg

This menu is for the Ice&Blood?

I've the fallen angel anyway I can download this option or activate this option?

• 5 weeks later...

The camera is amazing now, Schot (the newest setting). It's something that should've been originally. I only have 1 problem with it, tho. It zooms out too much when fighting a boss and it doesn't let u zoom in at all. Any way to fix that little thingy?

Sure is Zat. I had resolved that pain in the butt prob with the Boss Cam in a different topic and forgot to mention it here. You can use the in game camera options to tweak the Boss Cam view. What it does is limits the height of the cam allowed during any kind of play mode including boss fights. Using the image below as a reference what you'll want to do is move the Max Zoom: slider to about 25% of the maximum. That should give you a nice comfortable view while fighting a boss. :D

camerasettings.jpg

I'm a bit confused here schot. Sorry but I have been away from the game for sometime now and I'm a bit of a newbie :D

What is Boss Cam?

I don't see any options in the menu just for a Boss cam.

and if I change the camera limits wont they be universal, meaning they will affect the camera view all the time.

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions................ but that's what I'm good at :P

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

No trouble at all stubbs. :P The Boss Cam comes into effect whenever you are near a Boss. You'll notice when approaching a Boss that your camera will suddenly move up in height and that you won't be able to zoom in close to the Boss. That's the Boss Cam at work. There isn't any way that I have found to directly adjust the way the Boss Cam works so my suggestion above is pretty much as good as it gets. It's very effective though. The adjustments I suggest above will as you say effect the camera in or out of a Boss fight. The good news, and why I like this solution so much, is that you can make those camera adjustments while playing. You don't need to exit your character to change those camera settings. The basic idea is that when you plan to fight a boss and when you are close to it you can change that setting I mention right there and then. As soon as you finish the Boss you can change the camera back to the way you like it during normal play; All while in game. It's a fairly convenient solution to a nagging problem. For a number of us the Boss Cam is a real nuisance. I think it's inconvenience is probably magnified by this Cam Guides instructions as well. So if we want the best of both worlds, a great view in and out of Boss fights ^^, then we need to make use of both the optionsCustom settings as well as the in game camera options. :D