Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View and optionsCustom txt

Schot

No trouble at all stubbs. :P The Boss Cam comes into effect whenever you are near a Boss. You'll notice when approaching a Boss that your camera will suddenly move up in height and that you won't be able to zoom in close to the Boss. That's the Boss Cam at work. There isn't any way that I have found to directly adjust the way the Boss Cam works so my suggestion above is pretty much as good as it gets. It's very effective though. The adjustments I suggest above will as you say effect the camera in or out of a Boss fight. The good news, and why I like this solution so much, is that you can make those camera adjustments while playing. You don't need to exit your character to change those camera settings. The basic idea is that when you plan to fight a boss and when you are close to it you can change that setting I mention right there and then. As soon as you finish the Boss you can change the camera back to the way you like it during normal play; All while in game. It's a fairly convenient solution to a nagging problem. For a number of us the Boss Cam is a real nuisance. I think it's inconvenience is probably magnified by this Cam Guides instructions as well. So if we want the best of both worlds, a great view in and out of Boss fights ^^, then we need to make use of both the optionsCustom settings as well as the in game camera options. :D

the options on the ESC button came with Ice and Blood though right? so 2.43 players are stuck aren't they?

Arh I see...thanks for clarifying that for me schot. :D

I now see how good this is....because Gameplay changes can be done on the fly whereas video changes cannot.

No trouble at all stubbs. :( The Boss Cam comes into effect whenever you are near a Boss. You'll notice when approaching a Boss that your camera will suddenly move up in height and that you won't be able to zoom in close to the Boss. That's the Boss Cam at work. There isn't any way that I have found to directly adjust the way the Boss Cam works so my suggestion above is pretty much as good as it gets. It's very effective though. The adjustments I suggest above will as you say effect the camera in or out of a Boss fight. The good news, and why I like this solution so much, is that you can make those camera adjustments while playing. You don't need to exit your character to change those camera settings. The basic idea is that when you plan to fight a boss and when you are close to it you can change that setting I mention right there and then. As soon as you finish the Boss you can change the camera back to the way you like it during normal play; All while in game. It's a fairly convenient solution to a nagging problem. For a number of us the Boss Cam is a real nuisance. I think it's inconvenience is probably magnified by this Cam Guides instructions as well. So if we want the best of both worlds, a great view in and out of Boss fights ^^, then we need to make use of both the optionsCustom settings as well as the in game camera options. :D

the options on the ESC button came with Ice and Blood though right? so 2.43 players are stuck aren't they?

Ooopas, yes you're right loco. Danged versions. The slider system was introduced in Ice and Blood, yup. I'm not sure if 2.43 has something similar but I don't think so. Can't we just pretend that pre Ice and Blood doesn't exist anymore? Hehe. So hard to keep track of both versions. *shakes fist at Ascaron*

Arh I see...thanks for clarifying that for me schot. :P

I now see how good this is....because Gameplay changes can be done on the fly whereas video changes cannot.

Exxxxxxxact-ih-tacilly! :)

Thanks, Schot. :(

So, moving the ingame slider won't reset the zoom values to the default options.txt values? I mean, when I put slide it back to max after a boss fight, it will still be a value of 2000 like in the optionsCustom.txt?

Making changes to the slider from the active game options won't affect your max 2000. They're actually separate values which makes this a great strategy for Boss fights and regular play alike. :(

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Schot! The zoom edit is great! However, my game has dropped a huge amount of FPS largely because of the renderer. Are there any ways possible to maintain the same level of graphics (say, medium everything) and still enjoy the zoom edit?

Thanks, Schot! The zoom edit is great! However, my game has dropped a huge amount of FPS largely because of the renderer. Are there any ways possible to maintain the same level of graphics (say, medium everything) and still enjoy the zoom edit?

As you zoom out it's gonna drop your FPS just due to the huge amount of data to process and render.

You may need to lower your detail settings in the game options menu. find that happy middle ground between detail level and zoom.

You're welcome Onslaught. FPS drop is the price we must pay for that uber zoom. ^^ If I'm doing some serious grinding, shopping or am planning to play in a party then I'll often play at low settings to let me use the 2000 zoom efficiently but if I'm planning to just enjoy the game environment, questing for example, then I'll play at high settings and use my zoom less frequently.

A couple of graphics settings that can really boost performance without reducing overall graphics is by turning off both Enemy Rings and your characters Buff graphics. you can find those two settings in the game graphics options if you have Ice and Blood installed. :agreed:

• 2 months later...

First of all, great guide, Thanks :D

But, is there any way to disable the autozoom when talking to npc's? I have tried adjusting all the settings that say autozoom in them but I cant see any change.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya jas and aaron. Welcome aboard DarkMatters. :gun2:

For NPC autozoom when talking to them I'm afraid I've never tried to do that. It isn't something that could be changed in the options file so it's likely an involving task. ^^

View distance I did try to figure out a while back but gave up pretty quickly on that. In the optins.txt file you could find it under the name "cover_detection_dist". At least I think that's the one. Might be "miniClip"... Sadly it seems to have little effect. Much like "autoCollectRadius" and "zoomspeed" has no effect when changing their values.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for this custom guide! I found the camera default so annoying I almost gave up on the game before truly starting to play. A quick fix that was easy to implement for a 'low-tech' gamer like me :)

~Best Wishes

Totally agree Schot, it has made Sacred 2 into a totally different game. Not only have I decreased the camera angle and zoomed it in, but I altered the settings to disable the zoom and lock the view. This has this cured the bug which made the zoom function 'yoyo' wildly out of control from time to time, and it has also made the game into virtually a "first person shooter" style of game, almost like playing Oblivion, or Hellgate London.

The game is now a lot more challenging, exciting and more fun to play! The only real drawback is that using Area of Effect spells particularly involves bit a bit more quesswork, as you cannot see 360 degrees around you anymore, but hey that is certainly more realistic. Also, I really love the fact that the new view lets me see things that were invisible from the above camera angles, ie Runes written on the sides of tombs, ornaments and items have been lovingly crafted in perfect 3D inside houses, etc and it is really great having real hills and valleys to run up and down. There is a HUGE amount of game content that cannot be found with the old style views, so obviously the developers wanted us to use this style of camera angles or they would never have bothered to add so much that can only be seen this way!

Edited by podgie_bear
Totally agree Schot, it has made Sacred 2 into a totally different game. Not only have I decreased the camera angle and zoomed it in, but I altered the settings to disable the zoom and lock the view. This has this cured the bug which made the zoom function 'yoyo' wildly out of control from time to time, and it has also made the game into virtually a "first person shooter" style of game, almost like playing Oblivion, or Hellgate London.

Try these for real first person hack and slay action:

(Zoom all the way in and use the middle mouse to look around.)

options.camera_mode = 1
options.cameraConfigAutoCurve = 0
options.cameraConfigCollision = 0
options.cameraConfigFollow = 0
options.cameraConfigZoomCurveMax = 20
options.cameraConfigZoomCurveMin = 0
options.cameraConfigZoomMax = 20
options.cameraConfigZoomMin = 0

camera.cameraShake = 0

camera.cam1_trackdist_max = 2000
camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 0.1
camera.cam1_rotx_max = -0.99
camera.cam1_rotx_min = 0.55

camera.dng1_trackdist_max  = 2000
camera.dng1_trackdist_min = 0.1
camera.dng1_rotx_max = -0.99,
camera.dng1_rotx_min = 0.55
camera.TPOMax = 60
camera.TPOMin = -20

I don't know whether I set it up wrong, but it did not look as good to me as the settings I am currently using, which are;

CODE

camera.behaviour = 0

camera.customsettings = 1

camera.cameraShake = 0

camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 140

camera.cam1_rotx_min = 0.05

camera.dng1_trackdist_max = 2000

camera.dng1_trackdist_min = 140

camera.dng1_rotx_min = -0.05

camera.heromenu_trackdist_max = 2000

camera.heromenu_trackdist_min = 140

camera.heromenu_rotx_min = 0.05

options.camera_mode = 3

I don't bother with the zoom function much and have set both minimum and maximum to the same setting, close to but not quite at the lower end of the scale in the game options screen.

• 7 months later...

Schot, think there is any way you can bring your info/guide over to Wiki? There is a page here on Wiki for Modding, which we'll have to bring more modding guides over to soon one day: Sankekur did some great job on getting base info on that page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Sacred_2_Modding

Lujate had a suggestion that we should have a page for options.txt

If we bring your guide over we'd have more info on options.txt plus the camera, and it would set up area for peeps to add more into in as well for any more explanations.

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if someone could/should do a commented optionsCustom.txt with all the settings we found for download. So people wouldn't have to search all the posts and could just mark out stuff they don#t want in the downloaded optionsCustom.txt.

My kids really like the big heads setting at PvP.

Edited by chattius
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for that camera freedom.

I was wondering if there is anyway to adjust my avatar position?

To explain more my avatar appears in the middle of my screen I would like it to appear lower down in the screen closer to my toolbar so that I have more view ahead than behind? Is there an adjustment for this. I would think avatar postion.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that camera freedom.

I was wondering if there is anyway to adjust my avatar position?

To explain more my avatar appears in the middle of my screen I would like it to appear lower down in the screen closer to my toolbar so that I have more view ahead than behind? Is there an adjustment for this. I would think avatar postion.

Thanks

Same here, want to play Sacred 2 MMO style, but the camera is too centered. Looked around in the options.txt. Found this one here

options = {
posx = 0,
posy = 0,

Does someone know if this is for the position of the camera ? or is it completly soething else ?

Hmmm.... Never tried to move the center of the camera before. I'm afraid I don't know a trick for that one but play around with the "posx posy" that you found Malarki. It just might do the trick. :)

Hmmm.... Never tried to move the center of the camera before. I'm afraid I don't know a trick for that one but play around with the "posx posy" that you found Malarki. It just might do the trick. :)

played around with those 2 entrys, no changes at all, values above 40 get reseted^^

• 1 month later...

Thank you for making this thread. I could never go back to the default camera now, this just looks too good. Zoom way out and look top-down? Done. Over the the shoulder looking straight ahead? Done. And everything in between. Just amazing.

• 3 months later...

hello. help me to move the center of camera a little above please. I use settings from topic, and add

options.posx = 40

options.posy = -40

for example. or simple write this in clean optionscustom. I dont see any changes.

what I must write for that? and its compatible with settings from topic?

for example

options.camera_mode = 1

camera.cameraShake = 0

camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 140

camera.cam1_rotx_min = 0.05

camera.dng1_trackdist_max = 2000

camera.dng1_trackdist_min = 140

camera.dng1_rotx_min = -0.05

sorry for my bad english

thanks!

Edited by blister
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey all. I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread and on this site. Because of all of you, I not only have a third person mmo-style adjustable view, I managed to change the font using the 'Torchlight Font.ttf' file from my Steam version of Torchlight. While it doesn't exactly fit the art style, it looks perfectly readable at 1440x900. I can now actually enjoy playing Sacred 2 after all these years!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to upgrade my UK copy of Ice & Blood to 1.65.2. I lost my old copy of the game, and a friend of mine gave me her copy-only it's the UK and not the US copy. For some reason, it's not the 1.64.0 to 1.64.1 patch isn't recognizing the game. I swear I'm not using a cracked copy! I'd buy a copy of Sacred 2 gold, only I'm having trouble finding where to purchase it.

Can any of you maybe point me in the right direction, as far as patching issues? I really can't afford to get another retail or digital copy :/